Football Thread 16/17- Cheick Tiote R.I.P.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Moggy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:00 pm

Game on lads!

User avatar
Joer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Joer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:19 pm

The season starts on my birthday and it's a home game too. :wub:

User avatar
Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Kanbei » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:23 pm

So apparently we are after Mkhitaryan (spelt it right first time :datass: ) If Zlatan is confirmed as well we will have a decent attack for next season.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Preezy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:29 pm

And his agent (same as Pogba's) has said that he wants to join United. So that's something.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Photek » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:33 pm

Moggy wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:

Jesus :fp:


The good news is I now have an answer when somebody asks me what's the worst thing I have ever seen.

:lol:

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Glowy69 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:53 pm

gooseberry fool thread. Imagine replacing villa and newcastle with burnley and hull :dread:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Zartan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Zartan » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:54 pm

Moggy wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Zartan wrote:Weak OP, so very weak I will put my hat in the ring for the 18/19 season thread if Rovers can make all kinds of records with 4 concecutive promotions :shifty:



Image


No different from my shithead mate predicting (this was two years ago) that Bristol City(82) would be in the Champions league in five years!!! :lol:


Your mate is an idiot. That doesn't mean it isn't funny when somebody suggests a club that's only been in the league since 2015 will be in the Premier League by 2018.


Be fair ever league club has a plan to get into the premier league in 5 years....

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Moggy » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Zartan wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Zartan wrote:Weak OP, so very weak I will put my hat in the ring for the 18/19 season thread if Rovers can make all kinds of records with 4 concecutive promotions :shifty:



Image


No different from my shithead mate predicting (this was two years ago) that Bristol City(82) would be in the Champions league in five years!!! :lol:


Your mate is an idiot. That doesn't mean it isn't funny when somebody suggests a club that's only been in the league since 2015 will be in the Premier League by 2018.


Be fair ever league club has a plan to get into the premier league in 5 years....


Clubs just out of non-league tend to think of League One or maybe the Championship as their Premier League though. Look at Burton, Stevenage, Wimbledon etc.

Gandy's mate is a fool but not that silly if you look at Leicester (League One to Champions League in a few years). How many recent examples of non-league to Premier League are there?

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by DML » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:06 pm

I'll tell you how many. None.

Best recent examples are Swansea, Wigan,Bournemouth and Fulham who all came from League 2.

Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by DML » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:07 pm

I'll tell you how many. None.

Best recent examples are Swansea, Wigan,Bournemouth and Fulham who all came from League 2.

Image
User avatar
Labo Banana Split
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Labo Banana Split » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:32 am

This year should be the year the football threads merge again #onefootballthread

Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Glowy69 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:34 am

happy birthday :3 wrote:This year should be the year the football threads merge again #onefootballthread

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Finiarél
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Finiarél » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:36 am

Glowy69 wrote:
happy birthday :3 wrote:This year should be the year the football threads merge again #onefootballthread



:lol:

glowy69 wrote:Being from the hood won't save you from an alien mate.
Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Glowy69 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:41 am

Finiarél wrote:
Glowy69 wrote:
happy birthday :3 wrote:This year should be the year the football threads merge again #onefootballthread



:lol:


:shifty:

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Parksey » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:46 am

It would be like watering down a fine wine.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Preezy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:53 am

No to immigration, we must be able to control our football borders to prevent the savages from getting in!

Image
User avatar
BTB
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ashtead

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by BTB » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:58 am

Build a five man wall!

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Curls » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:04 am

Liverpool are gonna win the league, this is our year.

Keep the threads seperate, we've finally got glowy out of here ;)

Glowy69
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: B6

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Glowy69 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:26 am

Curls wrote:Liverpool are gonna win the league, this is our year.

Keep the threads seperate, we've finally got glowy out of here ;)


I'll be back next year, we''ll be PL winners in 5 years 8-)

Fabian Delph is a banana split.

Drumstick wrote:I'll go on record in stating that Villa won't finish inside the top 6 this season.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Football Thread 16/17- The Return of Steve Bruce
by Photek » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:41 am

Glowy69 wrote:
Curls wrote:Liverpool are gonna win the league, this is our year.

Keep the threads seperate, we've finally got glowy out of here ;)


I'll be back next year, we''ll be PL winners in 5 years 8-)

Good stuff, now please GTFO, thanks. ;)

Image
Grcades resident banana split.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests