Football Thread 17/18

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Mini E » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:46 pm

Moyes :datass:

teh bork wrote:The appointment of Moyes is me done with that club until he and the 3 idiots running it have strawberry floated off. I'd boo him, but I think I'll sell my ticket game by game and get some money back. I'm so angry about this, the final nail in the coffin of this great club.
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Blue Eyes » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:51 pm

That is mental.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: HUNTIN' DUCKS

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by ITSMILNER » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:00 pm

So, this stat just come up on Sky Sports site

Image

Am I reading that wrong?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image

Image
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Blue Eyes » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:01 pm

I think it means to say it’s the first time they’ve won away when trailing at half-time.

PES Fan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by PES Fan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:06 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:I think it means to say it’s the first time they’ve won away when trailing at half-time.


But it says away from home. I know the Ethiad isn’t full today but that’s a bit harsh.

User avatar
Rocksleddy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Rocksleddy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Come on Utd! Keep the league somewhat interesting.

Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Hime » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:29 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Schiess dem Denster wrote:He's left his foot there for too long for me. I don't think there's any point appealing. He's trod on him.


I just think Bellerin's pose is such an unusual and unexpected one that it could be argued where was Pogba supposed to put his foot down?

Hime wrote:You could argue that he couldn't avoid making contact with studs but there is no reason for all his body weight to go on his leg.


No reason? He's running for the ball and attempts to poke it away from Bellerin. Bellerin's unorthodox movement means Pogba's foot lands on the Arsenal man's leg. Pogba doesn't have the reflexes to then instantly shift his weight and fly into the air like a startled kitty.

Bellerin had every right to make the weird looking play for the ball, but in doing so he made contact with Pogba's foot all the more likely to occur. Pogba shouldn't be punished for that.

That's just not true at all. It's completely possible to change your footing while running, he's moving at pace but hardly sprinting, I honestly think that if he wasn't sent off he would have been punished after the fact.

Image
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Dowbocop » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Hime wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Schiess dem Denster wrote:He's left his foot there for too long for me. I don't think there's any point appealing. He's trod on him.


I just think Bellerin's pose is such an unusual and unexpected one that it could be argued where was Pogba supposed to put his foot down?

Hime wrote:You could argue that he couldn't avoid making contact with studs but there is no reason for all his body weight to go on his leg.


No reason? He's running for the ball and attempts to poke it away from Bellerin. Bellerin's unorthodox movement means Pogba's foot lands on the Arsenal man's leg. Pogba doesn't have the reflexes to then instantly shift his weight and fly into the air like a startled kitty.

Bellerin had every right to make the weird looking play for the ball, but in doing so he made contact with Pogba's foot all the more likely to occur. Pogba shouldn't be punished for that.

That's just not true at all. It's completely possible to change your footing while running, he's moving at pace but hardly sprinting, I honestly think that if he wasn't sent off he would have been punished after the fact.

Kanbei posted the wording of the rules when Mane got sent off and there is no question Pogba should have gone. For the record I thought Mane's was harsh at first but in hindsight and after Kanbei's post I understand why he went. As a neutral it was a shame it ruined the game but he did endanger their keeper. I think Pogba left a bit in as well.

As for the Koscielny decision, it was too far away from goal, there was cover, and it's not an automatic red anyway (remember when Koscielny didn't get sent off against Bayern and then did?)

Nobody apart from Denster seems to be mentioning our penalty though (not even calling it a shout, it was a penalty). Stop moaning about correct decisions, you won a game you probably shouldn't have done had justice been done. The only bad decision (not made by one of our defenders anyway!) was the penalty.

User avatar
Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Kanbei » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:18 pm

Pogba was a red card. If anything it shows the ridiculousness of the automatic 3 match ban system. Pogba' s challenge yesterday should not be treated the same way a flying 2 footed challenge from behind should.

Should be able to take circumstances into account, then at least we would be able to have a debate about intent in terms of length of suspension.

User avatar
Schiess dem Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Schiess dem Denster » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:29 pm

Wellbeck should have had a penalty definitely. Koscielny was lucky as well. The foul was well in advance of Bellerin who was allegedly covering.

It's moot about the penalty anyway. De Gea would have saved it.

With his ballsack!

User avatar
Mistletooth
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Mistletooth » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:32 pm

Schiess dem Denster wrote:It's moot about the penalty anyway. De Gea would have saved it.

The way the game panned out he would have saved it onto the bar and crossbar, ball landing on the line before Sanchez smashes the rebound over. :x

User avatar
Mafrozen
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Mafrozen » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:30 am

In case you needed more evidence Clattenburg is an absolute banana split


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Benzin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:32 am

Guess the song really IS true...

:x :x :x

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Saint of Killers » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 am

I get what he's saying but his choice of words and emphasis on his actions does indeed make him look like a twat.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Preezy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 am

Meh, he's just shown that referees are humans too. Like he said, if he'd followed the rules of the game to the letter Spurs would have had several players sent off and then would have had a referee to blame their almighty title-choking on rather than their own incompetence.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Saint of Killers » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:43 am

I didn't want Spurs blaming me.

Fair enou-

Me! I did it! I let them implode!

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saigon Slick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Saigon Slick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:22 pm

I get what he's saying though - he could've sent off a couple of players in that game(if memory serves Moussa Dembele committed a pretty rough eye gouge on Costa didn't he?) but didn't because ultimately if Tottenham had ended up down to nine or ten men, the focus switches from their ill discipline to Clattenburg ruining it for them.

With that said, he's worded it like a banana split.

Image Image
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by The Watching Artist » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:48 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:I didn't want Spurs blaming me.

Fair enou-

Me! I did it! I let them implode!

:lol:

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Tomous » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:12 pm

Saigon Slick wrote:I get what he's saying though - he could've sent off a couple of players in that game(if memory serves Moussa Dembele committed a pretty rough eye gouge on Costa didn't he?) but didn't because ultimately if Tottenham had ended up down to nine or ten men, the focus switches from their ill discipline to Clattenburg ruining it for them.

With that said, he's worded it like a banana split.


If Spurs get 2 or three players deservedly sent off, surely the focus is still on their ill discipline though?

It's only controversial, and his fault, if he get's the decisions wrong. So basically he was a coward.

User avatar
Saigon Slick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Saigon Slick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:48 pm

Tomous wrote:
Saigon Slick wrote:I get what he's saying though - he could've sent off a couple of players in that game(if memory serves Moussa Dembele committed a pretty rough eye gouge on Costa didn't he?) but didn't because ultimately if Tottenham had ended up down to nine or ten men, the focus switches from their ill discipline to Clattenburg ruining it for them.

With that said, he's worded it like a banana split.


If Spurs get 2 or three players deservedly sent off, surely the focus is still on their ill discipline though?

It's only controversial, and his fault, if he get's the decisions wrong. So basically he was a coward.


You'd think it would be - I suspect that media spin would've been on "soft" red cards though.

I agree however, that if Clattenburg thought there were potential red cards in the game that he should've been a strong enough referee to send players off. All I'm saying is that I can see his point, not necessarily that I agree with it.

Image Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bunni, FatDaz, Garth, Lastpostamorph, lex-man, Ste, The Watching Artist, Tineash, Wrathy, Yahoo [Bot] and 49 guests