Football Thread 17/18

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by <]:^D » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:51 pm

yes im very sad Italy wont be there :(
if anyone is interested/likes Italian football and the culture i highly recommend 'Calcio' by John Foot, brilliant book :wub:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Moggy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:53 pm

Preezy wrote:I know they're currently a bit meh and are lacking the beautiful footballers of yesteryear (Totti, Del Piero, Pirlo, Zola, Taibi etc), but it's still going to be sad and strange to not have Italy at the World Cup. Can't we agree to swap out England for Italy? I think that'd be the best outcome for all parties involved.


That sounds like it would be for the best.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Photek » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Denmark 2nd leg tonight, my body isn't ready. :(

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Moggy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:47 pm

Photek wrote:Denmark 2nd leg tonight, my body isn't ready. :(


Sounds like you are ruling yourself out of playing. Who would replace you in the team? :shock:

User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Denster » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:52 pm

Come on Denmark.

bear
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by bear » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Denster wrote:Come on Denmark.

This sort of thing is why you'll die alone and unloved.

User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Denster » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:07 pm

That's a little harsh.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Preezy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:11 pm

I don't love you, Denny, but I'll be there to hold your penis as you slip away.

Image
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Rocsteady » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:25 pm

bear wrote:
Denster wrote:Come on Denmark.

This sort of thing is why you'll die alone and unloved.

:lol:

Jesus.

Part of me wants Denmark to win simply because of Photek's incessant gloating.


But still, ireland :wub:

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Preezy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Up the Danes!

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Moggy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Rocsteady wrote:Part of me wants Denmark to win simply because of Photek's incessant gloating.


If we did things just to annoy Photek, then we’d end up with the Sony corporation running the world.

Is that what you want Ian? Sony forcing their consoles into our toilets? PS4 being the only way to watch porn? A picture of strawberry floating Drake from Uncharted on our flag?

Think before you speak. :x

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Preezy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Moggy wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:Part of me wants Denmark to win simply because of Photek's incessant gloating.


If we did things just to annoy Photek, then we’d end up with the Sony corporation running the world.

Is that what you want Ian? Sony forcing their consoles into our toilets? PS4 being the only way to watch porn? A picture of strawberry floating Drake from Uncharted on our flag?

Think before you speak. :x

Yeah but the national anthem could be the new Ghosbuster movie theme tune!

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Moggy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Preezy wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:Part of me wants Denmark to win simply because of Photek's incessant gloating.


If we did things just to annoy Photek, then we’d end up with the Sony corporation running the world.

Is that what you want Ian? Sony forcing their consoles into our toilets? PS4 being the only way to watch porn? A picture of strawberry floating Drake from Uncharted on our flag?

Think before you speak. :x

Yeah but the national anthem could be the new Ghosbuster movie theme tune!


With a dance routine from Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man?

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Preezy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm going to write a letter to Sony.

Image
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Blue Eyes » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:47 pm

Come on Brazil.

User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Lotus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:08 pm

Shame Italy went out. Other ties so far have gone as expected though, with Croatia and Switzerland going through.

Denmark to win tonight pls.

Image ImageImage
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Photek » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Moggy wrote:A picture of strawberry floating Drake from Uncharted on our flag?

The Australian flag winds me up far more already. ;)

I didn't realise I was a gloater, a f**ker yes but a gloater? I'll take that.

Image
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Rocsteady » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Photek wrote:
Moggy wrote:A picture of strawberry floating Drake from Uncharted on our flag?

The Australian flag winds me up far more already. ;)

I didn't realise I was a gloater, a f**ker yes but a gloater? I'll take that.

Aye when Scotland have been knocked out before you've been all over it. So ye's can get tae strawberry float ;)

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Photek » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Photek wrote:
Moggy wrote:A picture of strawberry floating Drake from Uncharted on our flag?

The Australian flag winds me up far more already. ;)

I didn't realise I was a gloater, a f**ker yes but a gloater? I'll take that.

Aye when Scotland have been knocked out before you've been all over it. So ye's can get tae strawberry float ;)

Was that not when we were in same group? Did the same to Wales man, I’m a c*nt equally to all.

Just last month:
Photek wrote:Yes, suck my balls bale!

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Football Thread 17/18
by Photek » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:27 pm

This match tonight is going to be total garbage, a mistake from one side will decide it.

Image

Return to “Stuff”