Nerve agent in Salisbury - Sergei Skripal improving rapidly

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Errkal » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:35 am

Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:It does narrow down the list of suspects as I'm pretty sure nerve agents aren't sold in shops.

Mate you can get anything on Amazon now.


Anything except quick delivery (unless you are a Prime member).

Only scum don't have prime, I bet Putin has prime.

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Vermilion » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:40 am

Mini E wrote:We joke, but bearing in mind the current political climate, I'd be interested as to what you guys think would actually be the best course of action here?


It seems to me that there's not a great deal which can actually be done, the govt might huff and puff, expel a few diplomats, or give some oligarchs a financial slapping, but that's pretty much the maximum they can realistically do in this situation

Errkal wrote:Only scum don't have prime, I bet Putin has prime.
.

I don't have prime. :(

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Moggy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:41 am

Mini E wrote:We joke, but bearing in mind the current political climate, I'd be interested as to what you guys think would actually be the best course of action here?


We don’t have anything but jokes, what can the UK do about it at the moment? We are not much of a world power these days, the US President is rather friendly with Russia and we are going through a period of pissing off our European neighbours.

The UK is powerless.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Errkal » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:52 am

Vermilion wrote:
Errkal wrote:Only scum don't have prime, I bet Putin has prime.
.

I don't have prime. :(


I mean that just proves my point right there :P

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Ad7 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:00 am

When do we send in Jack Bauer then?

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Vermilion » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:06 am

Ad7 wrote:When do we send in Jack Bauer then?


Bauer? Pffft, there's only one guy with the expertise to deal with this sort of thing...

Image

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Moggy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:12 am

Vermilion wrote:
Ad7 wrote:When do we send in Jack Bauer then?


Bauer? Pffft, there's only one guy with the expertise to deal with this sort of thing...

Image


Due to budget cuts we can not afford Mr Bauer or Mr Bond.

Instead we are going to send Mr Tumble.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Errkal » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:19 am

Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Ad7 wrote:When do we send in Jack Bauer then?


Bauer? Pffft, there's only one guy with the expertise to deal with this sort of thing...

Image


Due to budget cuts we can not afford Mr Bauer or Mr Bond.

Instead we are going to send Mr Tumble.


Johnny English?

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Moggy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:20 am

Errkal wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Ad7 wrote:When do we send in Jack Bauer then?


Bauer? Pffft, there's only one guy with the expertise to deal with this sort of thing...

Image


Due to budget cuts we can not afford Mr Bauer or Mr Bond.

Instead we are going to send Mr Tumble.


Johnny English?


No, Mr Tumble.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Errkal » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:26 am

Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Ad7 wrote:When do we send in Jack Bauer then?


Bauer? Pffft, there's only one guy with the expertise to deal with this sort of thing...

Image


Due to budget cuts we can not afford Mr Bauer or Mr Bond.

Instead we are going to send Mr Tumble.


Johnny English?


No, Mr Tumble.


But he has no investigation skills. If we want a team to crap this that can work together we just need to yelp for help!

Bring in Ryder and the Paw Patrol.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Moggy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:29 am

Errkal wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Ad7 wrote:When do we send in Jack Bauer then?


Bauer? Pffft, there's only one guy with the expertise to deal with this sort of thing...

Image


Due to budget cuts we can not afford Mr Bauer or Mr Bond.

Instead we are going to send Mr Tumble.


Johnny English?


No, Mr Tumble.


But he has no investigation skills. If we want a team to crap this that can work together we just need to yelp for help!

Bring in Ryder and the Paw Patrol.


Have you seen the gadgets the Paw Patrol uses? We can’t afford that!

We can’t afford the competent James Bond, we can’t afford the incompetent Johnny English and we certainly can’t afford a load of dogs.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Errkal » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:34 am

Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Ad7 wrote:When do we send in Jack Bauer then?


Bauer? Pffft, there's only one guy with the expertise to deal with this sort of thing...

Image


Due to budget cuts we can not afford Mr Bauer or Mr Bond.

Instead we are going to send Mr Tumble.


Johnny English?


No, Mr Tumble.


But he has no investigation skills. If we want a team to crap this that can work together we just need to yelp for help!

Bring in Ryder and the Paw Patrol.


Have you seen the gadgets the Paw Patrol uses? We can’t afford that!

We can’t afford the competent James Bond, we can’t afford the incompetent Johnny English and we certainly can’t afford a load of dogs.


It's cool, Mayor Good way said she would foot the bill along with Captain Terbutt. Something about a frequent users discount.

User avatar
Wrathy
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Location: Location: Location:

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Wrathy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:25 am

Mini E wrote:We joke, but bearing in mind the current political climate, I'd be interested as to what you guys think would actually be the best course of action here?


In another timeline (and in the broader picture of Russian antagonism - planes flying in our airspace, annexing Ukraine, manipulating Western elections etc) I think this could quite concievably escalate into some sort of skirmish or worse.

In this one, we have made ourselves weak to the point of farce. There’s systematic Tory underfunding of the armed forces to the point where we don’t really have a meaningful navy/army/RAF to defend ourselves, the embarrassment we have caused in the EU resulting in British alienation abroad (not to mention lack of resources to focus on this as everyone is already running about like a headless chicken over Brexit), the general toothlessness of the UN and general reluctance to resort to article five (liberal interpretation and dumbing down of this act), and the coalition between Trump and foreign superpowers.

Taken as a whole, we don’t have any option other than to thank Mr Putin for conducting his assassination in a largely pointless city and politely asking him to refrain from collateral damage on our citizens next time.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Squinty » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:34 am

Mini E wrote:We joke, but bearing in mind the current political climate, I'd be interested as to what you guys think would actually be the best course of action here?


Leave the EU because we are stronger outside of it on our own. Spirit of the Dambusters.

User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Hyperion » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:32 pm

Mini E wrote:We joke, but bearing in mind the current political climate, I'd be interested as to what you guys think would actually be the best course of action here?


Nothing beyond expelling diplomats and sanctions/freezing assets.

Image Image
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Garth » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:53 pm


User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Rightey » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:04 pm

Errkal wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Ad7 wrote:When do we send in Jack Bauer then?


Bauer? Pffft, there's only one guy with the expertise to deal with this sort of thing...

Image


Due to budget cuts we can not afford Mr Bauer or Mr Bond.

Instead we are going to send Mr Tumble.


Johnny English?


No, Mr Tumble.


But he has no investigation skills. If we want a team to crap this that can work together we just need to yelp for help!

Bring in Ryder and the Paw Patrol.


Have you seen the gadgets the Paw Patrol uses? We can’t afford that!

We can’t afford the competent James Bond, we can’t afford the incompetent Johnny English and we certainly can’t afford a load of dogs.


It's cool, Mayor Good way said she would foot the bill along with Captain Terbutt. Something about a frequent users discount.


So which of the dogs will be on the team?

I'd say definitely Chase, as he'd be able to catch Putin in a big net.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Errkal » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:06 pm

Rightey wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Ad7 wrote:When do we send in Jack Bauer then?


Bauer? Pffft, there's only one guy with the expertise to deal with this sort of thing...

Image


Due to budget cuts we can not afford Mr Bauer or Mr Bond.

Instead we are going to send Mr Tumble.


Johnny English?


No, Mr Tumble.


But he has no investigation skills. If we want a team to crap this that can work together we just need to yelp for help!

Bring in Ryder and the Paw Patrol.


Have you seen the gadgets the Paw Patrol uses? We can’t afford that!

We can’t afford the competent James Bond, we can’t afford the incompetent Johnny English and we certainly can’t afford a load of dogs.


It's cool, Mayor Good way said she would foot the bill along with Captain Terbutt. Something about a frequent users discount.


So which of the dogs will be on the team?

I'd say definitely Chase, as he'd be able to catch Putin in a big net.


I would go with, Chase as you say for the net, Zuma for Sea based stuff, Skye for air support and Everest in case we need go to the north parts of russia.

Although I would suggest Chase is in his Spy get up not his normal police man one.

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Former Russian spy, daughter + police officer critically ill from exposure to nerve agent in Salisbury
by Vermilion » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:23 pm

Wrathy wrote:Taken as a whole, we don’t have any option other than to thank Mr Putin for conducting his assassination in a largely pointless city and politely asking him to refrain from collateral damage on our citizens next time.


I wouldn't say Salisbury is pointless, it's actually rather nice.

User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nerve agent attack in Salisbury - 21 people treated, military removing vehicles and objects
by Kezzer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:36 pm

^Thats just the nerve agent kicking in

Image
Image
Image
https://i.imgur.com/p4kW4c7.png

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread |

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BID0, Blue Eyes, Dowbocop, Mafro, NickSCFC, Ord, poshrule_uk, Preezy, Rax, Rhubarb, RichardUK, Vermilion, Wrathy and 68 guests