Fortnite Battle Royale - Patch v5.30 will release on Thursday with weekly challenges starting Friday

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Photek » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:41 am

Pedz wrote:
Photek wrote:
Pedz wrote:Directly ripping off PUBG? Not really, it's a very different game, unless PUBG directly ripped off H!z1, did it Photek?

Brendan Greene is responsible for Battle Royale in H1Z1. You realise he's Player Unknown right?

He wanted to make a Battle Royale game from the ground up rather than mod another game. How can he copy his own game?

This is a rip off, it was failing until they added this mode in. Nobody played the main game at all.


It isn't a rip off though, that's like saying Forza is a rip off of Gran turismo, because they both are car games where you go around a track. It's a genre that was started before PUBG, that is a fact you have to deal with.


A fact I have to deal with? :lol:

I really don't care that much about it. I was merely pointing out to Parksey that it's the same.

In future I'll just say its 'the exact same premise' instead of 'ripped off' so you don't get triggered ok man?

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Pedz » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 am

Triggered. I find you laughable. You complain about Nick being a troll, or people complaining about your beloved xbox games, but as soon as people call you pout on doing the same to games not exclusive to the xbox platform, you act like a fanny. Peace out, yo.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Hime » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 am

Pedz wrote:
Photek wrote:
Pedz wrote:Directly ripping off PUBG? Not really, it's a very different game, unless PUBG directly ripped off H!z1, did it Photek?

Brendan Greene is responsible for Battle Royale in H1Z1. You realise he's Player Unknown right?

He wanted to make a Battle Royale game from the ground up rather than mod another game. How can he copy his own game?

This is a rip off, it was failing until they added this mode in. Nobody played the main game at all.


It isn't a rip off though, that's like saying Forza is a rip off of Gran turismo, because they both are car games where you go around a track. It's a genre that was started before PUBG, that is a fact you have to deal with.

Have you played both? Fortnite is the most blatant example of one game ripping off another that I've ever seen.

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Pedz » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:46 am

Hime wrote:
Pedz wrote:
Photek wrote:
Pedz wrote:Directly ripping off PUBG? Not really, it's a very different game, unless PUBG directly ripped off H!z1, did it Photek?

Brendan Greene is responsible for Battle Royale in H1Z1. You realise he's Player Unknown right?

He wanted to make a Battle Royale game from the ground up rather than mod another game. How can he copy his own game?

This is a rip off, it was failing until they added this mode in. Nobody played the main game at all.


It isn't a rip off though, that's like saying Forza is a rip off of Gran turismo, because they both are car games where you go around a track. It's a genre that was started before PUBG, that is a fact you have to deal with.

Have you played both? Fortnite is the most blatant example of one game ripping off another that I've ever seen.


There are very very different games. There are a other Battle Royale games that are much more like PUBG than Fortnite.

And yes, I have played them both, I was playing PUBG and even watching it, before it was even in early access.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Photek » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:47 am

Pedz wrote:Triggered. I find you laughable. You complain about Nick being a troll, or people complaining about your beloved xbox games, but as soon as people call you pout on doing the same to games not exclusive to the xbox platform, you act like a fanny. Peace out, yo.

Keep shouting over everyone so they can't talk on Rocket League Tuesdays Bro.
:wub:

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Hime » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:49 am

Pedz wrote:
Hime wrote:
Pedz wrote:
Photek wrote:
Pedz wrote:Directly ripping off PUBG? Not really, it's a very different game, unless PUBG directly ripped off H!z1, did it Photek?

Brendan Greene is responsible for Battle Royale in H1Z1. You realise he's Player Unknown right?

He wanted to make a Battle Royale game from the ground up rather than mod another game. How can he copy his own game?

This is a rip off, it was failing until they added this mode in. Nobody played the main game at all.


It isn't a rip off though, that's like saying Forza is a rip off of Gran turismo, because they both are car games where you go around a track. It's a genre that was started before PUBG, that is a fact you have to deal with.

Have you played both? Fortnite is the most blatant example of one game ripping off another that I've ever seen.


There are very very different games. There are a other Battle Royale games that are much more like PUBG than Fortnite.

And yes, I have played them both, I was playing PUBG and even watching it, before it was even in early access.

Do they all have the same lobby, entrance into the game, shrinking circle, etc?

Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with PUBG being copied. It's the price of success.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Photek » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:53 am

Hime wrote:Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with PUBG being copied. It's the price of success.

Me either. As I said I used to play both of them nightly because they are different to each other in weaponry and game play.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Monkey Man » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:06 am

3.5v update patch notes

Fortnite fans,

This weeks v3.5 Content Update introduces a powerful new weapon to Battle Royale and a new questline to explore in Save the World. 50v50 is BACK and bigger than before. Two teams, two buses, one Victory Royale.

50v50 V2 (Battle Royale)
Two teams will clash in the updated 50v50 Limited Time Mode. The battle begins on Thursday, April 18. Be the first to the frontline!



Light Machine Gun (Battle Royale)
Lock and load! This weapon’s fast rate of fire and 100 round magazine keeps squads pinned down from a distance.

Image

V3.5.2 UPDATE
GENERAL

From Thursday, April 19 until Sunday, April 22 players will receive the following:
2x experience when playing Battle Royale.

An Into the Storm Llama each day in Save the World.
Remember to log in to claim your Llama on each of these days to collect all four.
Resiliency improvements to help prevent extended downtime.
Fix for a high-frequency crash on Xbox One

BATTLE ROYALE

Peeking is being reverted back to how it functioned prior to v3.5.
This should solve the issue causing players to accidentally shoot their own structures while trying to peek. More info here.

GENERAL

Gifts of appreciation to our community for your patience during our unexpected downtime on 4/12 - Part 2:
Battle Royale - 20 Battle Pass Stars

Save the World - 1600 Seasonal Gold

KNOWN ISSUES
Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our snazzy Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.


BATTLE ROYALE

GAMEPLAY

Limited Time Mode: 50V50 v2
Two teams of 50 fight to the finish!
Due to this being a “large squad” mode, Profile Stats will not be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges (‘Place Top 6 in Squads’, etc.).

Storm & Map

Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, enemy has red.
Final storm circle visible on minimap at start.
Players have 10 minutes to loot the map as the storm closes in on the circle, then 5 minutes to fight, and another 5 minutes as the storm shrinks to the end.
Supply drops come in batches of 3-6, fall every two minutes, and only land in the final storm circle.
Added dotted line to map, which indicates the "battle lines" between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.

Loot

Farming resources increased 75% over default.
Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
Floor Loot spawns double ammo.
Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
Bug Fixes + Mode Improvements
Fixed a bug that created uneven teams where one side could have more than 50 players.
Downed players lose health more quickly than normal (10 health per tick).

WEAPONS + ITEMS

Light Machine Gun added.
Rare and Epic rarities.
Can be found in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, and Vending Machines.
25 / 26 damage (Rare / Epic).
100 round magazine, fires Medium ammo.
5 second reload time.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-U ... ent-update

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by DarkRula » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:07 pm

That game where I managed to get to second was frightful, alright. The circle reduced itself to Twisted Towers, and I was down the river hoping it wouldn't. I could hear gunshots going off so knew it would be tough to get anywhere if I had to enter the place. When I do - there's just five left and someone had brought out a rocket launcher. I hid in a bathroom and hoped I was safe. Unfortunately, there was nothing I could do even when it was just me and rocket guy. He was up high, well hidden.

Also, battle royale modes could become a common thing if these reports that both Call of Duty and Battlefield are gonna have one.

Image
Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Death's Head » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:31 pm

The key benefit of this over PUBG is that this is free.

Does PUBG match people based on experience level? That will be a big plus if it does.

Yes?
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by DarkRula » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Considering PUBG is available on Live Gold for free this weekend, I've been thinking of giving it a go just for comparison.

Image
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Photek » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Death's Head wrote:The key benefit of this over PUBG is that this is free.

Does PUBG match people based on experience level? That will be a big plus if it does.

Apparently it does (on PC). I doubt it has it on Xbox yet.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Photek » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:47 pm

DarkRula wrote:Considering PUBG is available on Live Gold for free this weekend, I've been thinking of giving it a go just for comparison.

You should, just remember it's far easier to die and keeping head low is handy.

It has auto run like fortnite and hold down LB to look around you.

Protip - don't open parachute before it opens itself or you'll be hanging in air for ages, you can't fly anywhere near as far as fortnite either so remember that when seeing a building/place you want to get to.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Mafro » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:11 pm

Photek wrote:
Parksey wrote:I don't know why PUBG is like as I haven't played it, but does it have the gathering/survival elements? The big difference in Fortnite is the building so you should probably focus on that and getting a whizz at constructing quickly and under the fire. That's usually how you get the jump on people, and what differentiates it from PUBG mainly.

The game clearly isn't "garbage" though due to the plaudits both it and PUBG have received.

Try and think of this as directly ripping off PUBG and adding in Pixar characters.

First off in PUBG the Island itself is about 10 times the size of this with still only 100 players, the main difference is PUBG has cars/boats/bikes to use. If you want, you can quite easily jump to a different place in PUBG's map and loot away to your hearts content without seeing another player for 10-15 minutes, possibly longer if you land within the circle (impossible in Fortnite). You can lie down in PUBG which makes checking out your environment extremely beneficial. You also have the ability to Check 360 degree's around you while running (or 180deg in First Person).

I have played Fortnite more than most here (I've 20 Chicken Royales to my name), I've clocked in many many hours, so your insinuation that me criticizing this as the same as the first 2 weeks in the Sea of Thieves thread is not at all true.

Because I've played it many hours I have seen how this game has evolved. It was first about shooting, then with a bit of building, now it's building mostly and shooting also. The major crux of the issue I have is that pump action shot guns are over powered, so what people do is build a fort, and when people who aren't in the circle run into it, you're confronted with forts, go near one and its jumpy shotguns till you die. You get the odd sniper shot but 9/10 is jumping around with a shotgun.

In PUBG I die several ways, my car can be exploded by gunfire, tyre's blown out so it flips, killing me, sniped from a mile away, point blanked by a Shotgun, SMG's, Rifles, Grenades, flash banged then shot. The Major difference is that all the buildings are permanent which encourages hunkering down. Having a full 4 players squad holding down a house in final circles is amazing, trying to take a house in same instance is also amazing. It's combat is visceral and tactical, taking a house with grenades, co-ordinated cover points is great, but being a battle royale game, plans can go awry if another squad shows up, it's the unpredictability that has infinite replay value.

I've praised this game many times in this thread, at a point in time I played this and PUBG in rotation nightly but I have had to drop this because even if I'm doing well, I had to do it by jumping around like a lunatic with a shot gun, something that isn't possible in PUBG. Also the island in this is WAY too small. The Dynamic has changed from what this was, after the first circle is gone more than half the players are killed, something unheard of only a few months ago.

Image

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by DarkRula » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:11 pm

Thanks for that parachute tip. With Fortnite I'd always be opening the glider early to reach far off places if I felt I wanted to, so I guess PUBG is more about positioning.

Image
Image
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Death's Head » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:37 pm

Photek wrote:
Death's Head wrote:The key benefit of this over PUBG is that this is free.

Does PUBG match people based on experience level? That will be a big plus if it does.

Apparently it does (on PC). I doubt it has it on Xbox yet.
Seems a really obvious thing for both games. Don't want to splash out £15 for PUBG if I'm going to have the same frustrations.

Yes?
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by KjGarly » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:30 pm

DarkRula wrote:Thanks for that parachute tip. With Fortnite I'd always be opening the glider early to reach far off places if I felt I wanted to, so I guess PUBG is more about positioning.


No you can open early to glide further in PUBG.

Image Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by DarkRula » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:05 pm

I'll see for myself later on anyway. I usually mess around a bit in these types of games anyway, just to get a feel for them.

Image
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by Photek » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:44 pm

DarkRula wrote:I'll see for myself later on anyway. I usually mess around a bit in these types of games anyway, just to get a feel for them.

Control type B!!!

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Fortnite (Epic's new I.P.)
by DarkRula » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:00 pm

First game just got into the top ten thanks to somehow being lucky enough to have the circle always be reducing into an area I was hiding. Someone passed where I was hiding so I followed them with the intent of shooting them down, but got shot down myself.

Image
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Riksilver and 47 guests