Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 90% metacritic
by BID0 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:27 pm

Trelliz wrote:
BID0 wrote:Why did they waste time with customised driver overalls? :lol: I think I've seen the driver maybe 3 times in the entire history of playing Forza games


They've got to pad the lootboxes with something desirable to get you to spend money. Gt6 had racing overalls which you bought with ingame money or won through events.

Ah that's gooseberry fool. The last main line game I played was 4. Gonna start 5 soon so I hope it hasn't got any of that

User avatar
mcjihge2
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 90% metacritic
by mcjihge2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Photek wrote:
mcjihge2 wrote:5.9Gb of 67Gb (8%) in 30min.

I should have bought the disc.

EDIT: Can i play destiny 2 whilst this downloads?

EDIT 2: no i cant.

You should be able to, unless your BB is terrible.


The destiny 2 46mb update was behind forza in the queue.

Forza is on 55% now. BB is BT fibre, im getting between 30 and 10 mb/s.

Xbox Live: GCE
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 90% metacritic
by Trelliz » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:13 pm

BID0 wrote:Ah that's gooseberry fool. The last main line game I played was 4. Gonna start 5 soon so I hope it hasn't got any of that


FM5 was in the heady days of 2013 when what few microtransactions in the game could be ignored - it still has tokens which you can buy with real money, but with the level up rewards, manufacturer bonuses and race payouts you were generally ok. If you got the vip when it was cheap you should be even more fine.

Tragic Magic wrote:RTCW is a mega plex of origami, you young bugger, enjoy the taste.
Women are so lovely.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 90% metacritic
by BID0 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:48 pm

mcjihge2 wrote:
Photek wrote:
mcjihge2 wrote:5.9Gb of 67Gb (8%) in 30min.

I should have bought the disc.

EDIT: Can i play destiny 2 whilst this downloads?

EDIT 2: no i cant.

You should be able to, unless your BB is terrible.


The destiny 2 46mb update was behind forza in the queue.

Forza is on 55% now. BB is BT fibre, im getting between 30 and 10 mb/s.

You can pause that to prioritise something else. I think it's the start button when the tile is updated then select pause, or you can press start on the tile for the download you want and there's a "start now" or something similarly worded

Trelliz wrote:
BID0 wrote:Ah that's gooseberry fool. The last main line game I played was 4. Gonna start 5 soon so I hope it hasn't got any of that


FM5 was in the heady days of 2013 when what few microtransactions in the game could be ignored - it still has tokens which you can buy with real money, but with the level up rewards, manufacturer bonuses and race payouts you were generally ok. If you got the vip when it was cheap you should be even more fine.

Yeh I have VIP for F5 (which I don't usually buy) and the forza rewards so credits shouldn't be a concern :lol: I probably have more than enough waiting for me to 'download' in my inbox

User avatar
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goodbye Mr Bond

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by Fuzzy Dunlop » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:22 pm

I don't always agree with Trelliz, if at all, but I feel this may be an instance where I do. These scummy microtransactions/loot boxes genuinely need to strawberry float off. I'm voting with my wallet and won't buy any game that has them in.

It's a good thing I usually play old games and won't get round to most current games until a few years time.

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?
User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:39 pm

lol in a few years time when this is unsupported I imagine the whole in game economy will be strawberry floated, rendering the play experience well shited.

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by Trelliz » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:I don't always agree with Trelliz, if at all, but I feel this may be an instance where I do. These scummy microtransactions/loot boxes genuinely need to strawberry float off. I'm voting with my wallet and won't buy any game that has them in.

It's a good thing I usually play old games and won't get round to most current games until a few years time.


I'm glad we can form a shaky alliance through a common enemy. I think as an unconscious reaction to all this i re-bought a 360 and all the racing games that will probably never be made xbone-compatible so along with that and getting ps2/cube emulation working better on pc i'm down to dive into the mid to late 2000s and stay there for a while.

Tragic Magic wrote:RTCW is a mega plex of origami, you young bugger, enjoy the taste.
Women are so lovely.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by KK » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:10 pm

Surely loot boxes aren't that bad if A) you get the game post launch when it's under £30 (& these days that doesn't take very long) and/or B) can unlock everything through normal play? That whole progression system of unlocking stuff seems normal to me. I mean that was fundamentally Gran Turismo - you could never get the car you wanted until you'd played it for a number of hours.

Not seen any advertising for this outside though. It's been Gran Turismo Sport adorning buses and whatnot (even though it's not out until the 18th).

Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by Trelliz » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:31 pm

KK wrote:Surely loot boxes aren't that bad if A) you get the game post launch when it's under £30 (& these days that doesn't take very long) and/or B) can unlock everything through normal play?


The problem is that you can't - driver outfits, mod cards and more than a few cars apparently are only available from the lootboxes. Plus they've neutered the vip benefits, locked cars behind tiers to make you buy more cars to get the ones you want; skewing the economy to make eventually spending real money as attractive as possible or making you deal with a huge grind as psychological punishment until you open your wallet. None of the changes benefit the customer in any way, despite their honey-covered pr bullshit.

Tragic Magic wrote:RTCW is a mega plex of origami, you young bugger, enjoy the taste.
Women are so lovely.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by Photek » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:50 pm

The Eurogamer review says cars aren’t hidden behind loot crates....just drivers clothes and modifiers, again loot crates can be bought by in game currency. Right now you literally can't buy them yet.

Halo 5, Gears 4 have cosmetic loot crates, it meant free DLC for both, if this the same then count me in.

EDIT: So have Overwatch, Destiny 1 & 2, FIFA...I can't really see the problem tbh.

Skyrim now has a Survival mode which it's going to charge for after a free 'week'.

It will have little to no impact on me as it didn't with all the other game I listed.

I mess about with the assists to tailor to my skill, I never really cared about the extra money you got for it but if I have a mod in a crate that makes me drive a certain way I think that's a bonus, it'll open me up to try no driving line, no abs, etc.

Last edited by Photek on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by Trelliz » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:32 pm

Photek wrote:Halo 5, Gears 4 have cosmetic loot crates, it meant free DLC for both, if this the same then count me in.


You still have to buy the extra car packs with real money either through the car pass which costs an extra £25 or individually, plus i expect like before there will be additional car packs after the ones covered by the car pass which you'll have to buy seperately regardless.

If they had made forza 7 free to play i'd have less of a problem - microtransactions and boxes are the faustian pact you make when the game itself is free to get into. Now t10, warner bros and especially 2k are trying to have their cake and eat it by charging full whack to get in in the first place.

Tragic Magic wrote:RTCW is a mega plex of origami, you young bugger, enjoy the taste.
Women are so lovely.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
bear
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by bear » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:17 pm

If Turn 10 had announced a whole pile of free DLC before the game came out, like 343 did with Halo 5, then I don't think the loot boxes would be attracting much ire.


As it stands however they've made VIP membership less valuable and weren't upfront about those changes and also added a feature that is practically guaranteed to become a source of micro-transactions for the game.

It sucks because the core game sounds great.

User avatar
mcjihge2
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by mcjihge2 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:08 pm

Ive played a bit of this now. It handles more arcadey and forgiving than F6. The SP cup progression seems to be good. I think you can pretty much ignore the loot crates if you want to.

Xbox Live: GCE
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by Trelliz » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:13 pm


Tragic Magic wrote:RTCW is a mega plex of origami, you young bugger, enjoy the taste.
Women are so lovely.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
CuriousOyster
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Glasgow

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by CuriousOyster » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Has anyone actually ever used a DLC car or the like in a game more than once? Usually there's far better stuff in the game, you use it once, say "that's cool" then forget it was even DLC because there's like 800 other cars.

Non-issue.

User avatar
mcjihge2
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by mcjihge2 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:27 pm

The music in Forza Horizon 3 is really good, but Forza 7s music is absolute rubbish.

Xbox Live: GCE
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by Gemini73 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:23 pm

Been playing this today for a few hours and I just don't like it. After PCars 2 and my brief time with the GT Sport beta FM7 feels, well, dated. As a series it hasn't evolved at all. Sure it looks pretty, but the races aren't at all exciting and fail to get the blood pumping. Weirdly enough I felt that the races themselves have taken a back seat to everything else and are solely designed to unlock all the gumph surrounding it. Whether it's pin bowling and other novelty racing, collecting novelty cars and vans, or the inclusion of skill mods and so on none of it does anything to really lift the game at all, in fact the whole thing just feels like a slog. FM7 is just boring to play.

Back to work tomorrow so will trade it in. CEX are offering £31 so I'll only lose a tenner.

User avatar
Gently-Parted Ringpiece
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by Gently-Parted Ringpiece » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Gemini73 wrote:Weirdly enough I felt that the races themselves have taken a back seat to everything else and are solely designed to unlock all the gumph surrounding it.


I was reflecting on it and thinking the same thing. FM was always my favourite but 7 has totally dried me up on it.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Forza Motorsport 7 (XB1/Win10) - out now!! 88% metacritic
by Gemini73 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:48 pm

Gently-Parted Ringpiece wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:Weirdly enough I felt that the races themselves have taken a back seat to everything else and are solely designed to unlock all the gumph surrounding it.


I was reflecting on it and thinking the same thing. FM was always my favourite but 7 has totally dried me up on it.


I also I don't like the way your "team" talk to you between events. It doesn't enhance the illusion of being a race driver from the comfort of your sofa, it kills it stone dead while being a bit cringe inducing. So much about FM 7 is just a bunch of unnecessary fluff and padding.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndyXL, darksideby182, Frank, Garth, Gemini73, Pedz, Poser, Saint of Killers, Starquake, Xeno and 49 guests