French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostFrench Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Hexx » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Image

Good for them. They got fire bombed last time as well.

Every publication in the Western World that values free speech should stand up together and print a similar innocuous image.

User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Rax » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:20 pm

Agreed, no publication should be intimidated by the violent acts of a small minority of unreasonable backwards thinking zealots.

User avatar
Seven Posers Posing
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Seven Posers Posing » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Irocixar wrote:Agreed, no publication should be intimidated by the violent acts of a small minority of unreasonable backwards thinking zealots.


How do you explain the French courts siding with the Royal Family, then? :shifty:

Image
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Grumpy David » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Now if only we could get Comedy Central to rebroadcast the "Cartoon Wars" episodes of South Park in their uncensored, intended form. I want a world where those two episodes are shown and no-one gets bumpain about it.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Hexx » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:29 pm

As far as I know Royalists haven't stormed the French Embassy in a White Fiat Uno and executed the ambassador yet.

But then it could be they have and there's a press cover up. :shifty:

User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Dblock » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Poser wrote:
Irocixar wrote:Agreed, no publication should be intimidated by the violent acts of a small minority of unreasonable backwards thinking zealots.


How do you explain the French courts siding with the Royal Family, then? :shifty:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

/thread

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
Bigerich
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bergen

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Bigerich » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:51 pm

Poser wrote:
Irocixar wrote:Agreed, no publication should be intimidated by the violent acts of a small minority of unreasonable backwards thinking zealots.


How do you explain the French courts siding with the Royal Family, then? :shifty:


Because that was a disgusting invasion of privacy. This is making light of a disgusting religion/culture.

User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Rax » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Privacy issues and a group of nutjobs who believe a fairy tale are separate issues.

User avatar
Seven Posers Posing
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Seven Posers Posing » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Bigerich wrote:
Because that was a disgusting invasion of privacy. This is making light of a disgusting religion/culture.


Not sure if serious.

I was just doing a joke about the royal family being small-minded zealots.

Irocixar wrote:Privacy issues and a group of nutjobs who believe a fairy tale are separate issues.


Yes, yes, I know that. That wasn't what I was saying. Hell, even DBlock got the joke.

Honestly, this strawberry floating forum sometimes :fp:

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Hexx » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Poser wrote:
Bigerich wrote:
Because that was a disgusting invasion of privacy. This is making light of a disgusting religion/culture.


Not sure if serious.

I was just doing a joke about the royal family being small-minded zealots.

Irocixar wrote:Privacy issues and a group of nutjobs who believe a fairy tale are separate issues.


Yes, yes, I know that. That wasn't what I was saying. Hell, even DBlock got the joke.

Honestly, this strawberry floating forum sometimes :fp:


I don't think he got the joke, I think he though you'd owned the thread

User avatar
Yulehide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Yulehide » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Irocixar wrote:Privacy issues and a group of nutjobs who believe a fairy tale are separate issues.


It's not the belief itself that's the problem, it's the use of said belief to excuse violence that causes such problems and suffering, every religion has its fanatics but thankfully they are in the minority.

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Preezy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Good on them, but it doesn't surprise me that a French publication would print that, the French aren't scared of doing what needs to be done (see Rainbow Warrior, 1985 :shifty: )

User avatar
jamcc
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by jamcc » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:52 pm

Brerlappins little hat wrote:http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/?ref=auto

edit:

NSFW


That's brilliant.

Does anyone follow Gervais on Twitter? He does go on about religion a bit much but I agree with what he says. The idea that people kill each other over what they belive in is just crazy, especially when there's no proof that their gods exist.

Something Fishy

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Something Fishy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Brerlappins little hat wrote:http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/?ref=auto

edit:

NSFW



Sadly that does have a point.

People really need to chill out.

NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by NickSCFC » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Fatwa in 3, 2, 1...

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Dual » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Muhammad jihad! Muhammad jihad! Durka durka durka.

User avatar
~Earl Grey~
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by ~Earl Grey~ » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Preezy wrote:Good on them, but it doesn't surprise me that a French publication would print that, the French aren't scared of doing what needs to be done (see Rainbow Warrior, 1985 :shifty: )


And the Burkha.

User avatar
$ilva $hadow
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by $ilva $hadow » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:41 pm

Image




:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's incredible. If that was anything about islam, people would be burning.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by Preezy » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Serious question, probably not the best one to ask but what the hell:

Why are (some) Muslims so hyper-sensitive about this stuff? Like let's-blow-shit-up-and-kill-people-over-a-cartoon crazy? I just don't get it.

User avatar
~Earl Grey~
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: French Publication doesn't give in to Terrorism
by ~Earl Grey~ » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Preezy wrote:Serious question, probably not the best one to ask but what the hell:

Why are (some) Muslims so hyper-sensitive about this stuff? Like let's-blow-shit-up-and-kill-people-over-a-cartoon crazy? I just don't get it.


Because they secretly know it's all bullshit and the idea that their entire upbringing is a crock of gooseberry fool makes people a little edgy. Kind of like how that closet-case dad in American Beauty wouldn't shut up about how much he hated queers.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: All I want for xmas is the box, Alvin Flummux, Peter Crisp and 50 guests