Game Of Thrones: The Long Night. Prequel casts 1st lead

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostGame Of Thrones: The Long Night. Prequel casts 1st lead
by Monkey Man » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:50 am

Game Of Thrones: The Long Night. Coming to HBO.

As production is wrapping on the final installment of mega hit Game Of Thrones, HBO has given a pilot green light to a GOT prequel series project from hot feature writer Jane Goldman (Kick-Ass, Kingsman) and author/GOT co-executive producer George R.R. Martin.

Created by Goldman & Martin and written by Goldman based on a story by her and Martin, the untitled project takes the prequel concept to a new level as it is set thousands of years before the events of Game Of Thrones. The series is described as chronicling “the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend… it’s not the story we think we know.”

Goldman will serve as showrunner and will executive produce alongside Martin as well as fellow GOT co-executive producer Vince Gerardis and Damages and Bloodline co-creator/exec producer Daniel Zelman. As previously announced, GOT creators/exec producers David Benioff and D. B. Weiss have no involvement in the potential offshoots.

The Goldman/Martin project was one of five GOT prequels HBO had put in development, signing deals with five writers to join Martin in the development and writing of five spinoffs of the blockbuster fantasy series, which don’t feature GOT characters. The other four scribes are Max Borenstein, Brian Helgeland, Carly Wray and Bryan Cogman. I hear that another of the scripts could get a green light though there is no rush or pressure to do so.

HBO had been looking to launch a GOT prequel series in 2020, putting distance between it and the 2019 finale of GOT.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/game-of-th ... 202406524/

Last edited by Monkey Man on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Hyperion » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:55 am

Will this not just feature loads of dragons taking up the budget?

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Grumpy David » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:44 pm

Setting it thousands of years before the Game of Thrones timeline seems a bit pointless, I would have preferred seeing the events leading up to The Mad King etc.

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Hyperion wrote:Will this not just feature loads of dragons taking up the budget?


This was my thinking as it also sounds like it should feature children of the forest, white walkers, the undead and other mythical things. The concerns for hbo of recent years has been about the ever increasing budget for GOT so I'm surprised they are going down this route.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Ironhide » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:59 pm

The adventures of Dunk and Egg or Robert's rebellion would have made more sense.

I'm not overly excited about this but I'll probably watch it.

Image
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Buffalo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:44 pm

Kick-Ass and Kingsman, eh? Such pedigree in the writing staff :dread:

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Photek » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:54 pm

Grumpy David wrote:Setting it thousands of years before the Game of Thrones timeline seems a bit pointless, I would have preferred seeing the events leading up to The Mad King etc.

This. I really don’t see the point of it being so far back.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Robbo-92 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:57 pm

It'll be a decent setting I imagine but it's not what I'd have picked. I'd have gone for something like Aegons Landing/Conquest or The Dance of the Dragons.

Image

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Pedz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Another show where I just look up the tiddies online and ignore the show due to it likely being gooseberry fool... like GoT.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Photek » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:05 pm

Thatsbait.gif

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Tomous » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Buffalo wrote:Kick-Ass and Kingsman, eh? Such pedigree in the writing staff :dread:


Kick-Ass and Kingsman are great movies.

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Pedz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:08 pm

Nah, I'm serious, watched 2 seasons of GoT and was shocked that people liked it so much. Boring as feck, bar the tiddies.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Tomous » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:10 pm

Monkey Man wrote:The Goldman/Martin project was one of five GOT prequels HBO had put in development, signing deals with five writers to join Martin in the development and writing of five spinoffs of the blockbuster fantasy series, which don’t feature GOT characters. The other four scribes are Max Borenstein, Brian Helgeland, Carly Wray and Bryan Cogman. I hear that another of the scripts could get a green light though there is no rush or pressure to do so.


No wonder he hasn't finished that book yet.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Robbo-92 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:20 pm

If they're going to do plenty more Game of Thrones (which they probably will) I hope they do standalone series based on various other stories exploring the history of the world rather than 4 seasons on one story for example.

Anyway I'm going to say (I think I'm in the right era) that this series will end with Brandon Stark building the wall.

Image

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Moggy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Pedz wrote:Nah, I'm serious, watched 2 seasons of GoT and was shocked that people liked it so much. Boring as feck, bar the tiddies.


But you saw a thread about a GoT prequel and thought “Oooo I better read that!”? :?

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Pedz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Moggy wrote:
Pedz wrote:Nah, I'm serious, watched 2 seasons of GoT and was shocked that people liked it so much. Boring as feck, bar the tiddies.


But you saw a thread about a GoT prequel and thought “Oooo I better read that!”? :?


Why not? 99% of people here do it, why the strawberry float can't I?

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Moggy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:52 pm

Pedz wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Pedz wrote:Nah, I'm serious, watched 2 seasons of GoT and was shocked that people liked it so much. Boring as feck, bar the tiddies.


But you saw a thread about a GoT prequel and thought “Oooo I better read that!”? :?


Why not? 99% of people here do it, why the strawberry float can't I?


Where did I say you couldn’t?

It’s just weird. Like the people that comment on news stories with “I DUNT CARE!!”. So why read and then bother to comment? :lol:

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Pedz » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Moggy wrote:
Pedz wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Pedz wrote:Nah, I'm serious, watched 2 seasons of GoT and was shocked that people liked it so much. Boring as feck, bar the tiddies.


But you saw a thread about a GoT prequel and thought “Oooo I better read that!”? :?


Why not? 99% of people here do it, why the strawberry float can't I?


Where did I say you couldn’t?

It’s just weird. Like the people that comment on news stories with “I DUNT CARE!!”. So why read and then bother to comment? :lol:


Again why not? What is wrong with reading something and then saying that I was not a fan of GoT and have no real interest in this. I didn't realise that posts were only meant to be showing how much people love the show.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Photek » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 pm

I can’t imgur on my phone. :fp:

Last edited by Photek on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Game Of Thrones Prequel Gets HBO Pilot Order
by Photek » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:59 pm

:shifty:

Image
Grcades resident banana split.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blue Eyes, darksideby182, KK, lex-man, more heat than light, Snowcannon, Somebody Else's Problem, Tsunade, Vermilion and 64 guests