Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:40 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:Do we actually know where the Iron Bank is located as why doesn't someone just invade them?


Highgarden.

The Iron Bank are going to be furious when they find out where Cersei robbed the money from.

Image
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by sawyerpip » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:Do we actually know where the Iron Bank is located as why doesn't someone just invade them?


It would destabilise the entire economy, not even the Mad King would go that far.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Squinty » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:02 pm

sawyerpip wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:Do we actually know where the Iron Bank is located as why doesn't someone just invade them?


It would destabilise the entire economy, not even the Mad King would go that far.


Hilariously, I think he did threaten them with violence.

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Moggy wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:Do we actually know where the Iron Bank is located as why doesn't someone just invade them?


Highgarden.

The Iron Bank are going to be furious when they find out where Cersei robbed the money from.


The iron bank is in Braavos on Essos.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by sawyerpip » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:05 pm

Squinty wrote:
sawyerpip wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:Do we actually know where the Iron Bank is located as why doesn't someone just invade them?


It would destabilise the entire economy, not even the Mad King would go that far.


Hilariously, I think he did threaten them with violence.


That's why he had to get got.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:06 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:Do we actually know where the Iron Bank is located as why doesn't someone just invade them?


Highgarden.

The Iron Bank are going to be furious when they find out where Cersei robbed the money from.


The iron bank is in Braavos on Essos.


Sorry, I forgot the ;)

Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Return_of_the_STAR » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:08 pm

Moggy wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:Do we actually know where the Iron Bank is located as why doesn't someone just invade them?


Highgarden.

The Iron Bank are going to be furious when they find out where Cersei robbed the money from.


The iron bank is in Braavos on Essos.


Sorry, I forgot the ;)


It happens to the best of us :P

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:11 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:Do we actually know where the Iron Bank is located as why doesn't someone just invade them?


Highgarden.

The Iron Bank are going to be furious when they find out where Cersei robbed the money from.


The iron bank is in Braavos on Essos.


Sorry, I forgot the ;)


It happens to the best of us :P


I know, but I forgive you for missing the obvious joke that Cersei would rob the Iron Bank to pay the Iron Bank.

Image
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Advent7 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:43 am

Someone on GAF complaining that using the dragon is a war crime :fp:

Image
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Garth » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:13 am

The number of people there confused about 'loot train' is also embarrassing, it's not gaming inspired or referring to a locomotive you ignorant fools.

Image
1784-9768-8381
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:22 am

Ad7 wrote:Someone on GAF complaining that using the dragon is a war crime :fp:


Ignoring the stupidity of thinking that there are such things as war crimes in fantasy kingdoms, I doubt the use of a dragon against military targets would be considered a war crime. The use of napalm is allowed against enemy troops, it’s only when it targets civilians that it becomes a war crime.

So Daenerys can sleep soundly knowing that she will not be dragged to The Hague.

Image
User avatar
Schiess dem Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Schiess dem Denster » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:10 am

Another good episode.

User avatar
karl_fletcher
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Toronto

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by karl_fletcher » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:57 am

It looked like Jamie and Bronn swam pretty damn far.

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:25 am

Image

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:31 am

A fantastic episode, from burning the Tarly's, to Davos bringing back Gendry, to Cersei saying she's pregnant (I don't believe her) and to Arya/Littlefinger playing each other.

And probably the biggest question in the show was answered by Gilly and Sam just ignored her. :fp:

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Hexx » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:12 am

Dickon :(

strawberry float Dany. GO TEAM CERSI!

User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:14 am

Hexx wrote:Dickon :(

strawberry float Dany. GO TEAM CERSI!


The only way Dany becomes queen now is by marrying Jon Snow. He's the legitimate Targaryen heir to the Seven Kingdoms.

Cersei is strawberry floated.

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Hexx » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:16 am

Moggy wrote:
Hexx wrote:Dickon :(

strawberry float Dany. GO TEAM CERSI!


The only way Dany becomes queen now is by marrying Jon Snow. He's the legitimate Targaryen heir to the Seven Kingdoms.

Cersei is strawberry floated.


strawberry float Dany. GO TEAM CERSI!

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Garth » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:47 am

All this time waiting for Gendry to appear and they immediately send him on a 'tying up loose ends' suicide mission, lol.

Liked the bit with the dragon befriending Jon.

Image
1784-9768-8381
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:55 am

Garth wrote:All this time waiting for Gendry to appear and they immediately send him on a 'tying up loose ends' suicide mission, lol.


Was worth it for Davos' joke of "I thought you were still rowing!" :lol:

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Mafrozen and 41 guests