Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Hexx » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Ironhide wrote:Judging by how some of Drogons victims instantly turned into ash I's say dragon fire is pretty effing hot, I suppose anyone near enough to a sudden blast of heat like that would still get burnt even if they didn't burst into flames so it's not that unrealistic a reaction.


Good fan-wankery :)

I just thought it was committed to his craft. They editted him out of the episode (4.30) :(


User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Denster » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Jamie's motivation for charging Drogon/Dany?

Ive heard a few comments on FB and on Thronecast that it was a suicidal charge where he knew he'd die but it would be a heroic death and an escape from the trapped life he's found himself in.

Personally I think he's traumatised and outraged at the use of the dragon and the death of his men. He wants to kill her for unleashing it. At that moment he is just acting on instinct and that instinct is revenge and retribution.

Hime wrote:This is nonsense, Photek finally posts something factual and he gets burned. ;)
User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by FatDaz » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:57 pm

Ironhide wrote:Judging by how some of Drogons victims instantly turned into ash I's say dragon fire is pretty effing hot, I suppose anyone near enough to a sudden blast of heat like that would still get burnt even if they didn't burst into flames so it's not that unrealistic a reaction.


Unless you are Bronn or Jamie and then you are fine

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Curls » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:05 pm

I enjoyed that epi. Although Bran can jut go fall out of another window, he's so strawberry floating boring. His storyline has been gooseberry fool since the first episode.

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Ironhide » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Denster wrote:Jamie's motivation for charging Drogon/Dany?

Ive heard a few comments on FB and on Thronecast that it was a suicidal charge where he knew he'd die but it would be a heroic death and an escape from the trapped life he's found himself in.

Personally I think he's traumatised and outraged at the use of the dragon and the death of his men. He wants to kill her for unleashing it. At that moment he is just acting on instinct and that instinct is revenge and retribution.


He saw Dany's father burn people alive and eventually killed him for it so after seeing her do the same he thinks she's yet another crazy Targaryan despot who needs to die.

Its the same reason I think he'll kill Cersei, she's already responsible for the deaths of several thousand people and is rapidly getting into Mad King levels of tyranny.

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Ad7 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:52 pm

Denster wrote:Jamie's motivation for charging Drogon/Dany?

Ive heard a few comments on FB and on Thronecast that it was a suicidal charge where he knew he'd die but it would be a heroic death and an escape from the trapped life he's found himself in.

Personally I think he's traumatised and outraged at the use of the dragon and the death of his men. He wants to kill her for unleashing it. At that moment he is just acting on instinct and that instinct is revenge and retribution.


:lol:

More like he hadn't seen her before, there she was, I can kill her right now and end this.

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Rocsteady » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:35 pm

Ad7 wrote:
Denster wrote:Jamie's motivation for charging Drogon/Dany?

Ive heard a few comments on FB and on Thronecast that it was a suicidal charge where he knew he'd die but it would be a heroic death and an escape from the trapped life he's found himself in.

Personally I think he's traumatised and outraged at the use of the dragon and the death of his men. He wants to kill her for unleashing it. At that moment he is just acting on instinct and that instinct is revenge and retribution.


:lol:

More like he hadn't seen her before, there she was, I can kill her right now and end this.

Yeah. The simplest explanation makes the most sense.

Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Denster » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:36 pm

Each to their own.

Hime wrote:This is nonsense, Photek finally posts something factual and he gets burned. ;)
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Ad7 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:17 pm

To each their own :shifty:

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Dual » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Jamie seems to be quite pragmatic so Ad7s explanation seems the most likely

User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Grumpy David » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:20 am

Saw a reddit theory post on about Jaime Lannister being the "Prince that was promised". Sounds plausible and quite satisfying as the story goes but it's just fan speculation at this stage.

Meanwhile someone I know in real life has read the scripts that have leaked so they're on mute for the next 2.5 weeks.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Saint of Killers » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:58 am

Watched ep 4 again. So the gold made it to King's Landing before the attack? Noooo.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Return_of_the_STAR » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:04 am

Saint of Killers wrote:Watched ep 4 again. So the gold made it to King's Landing before the attack? Noooo.


I'm not sure what you are saying, are you disagreeing that all the gold made it to kings landing?

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Squinty » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:08 am

Grumpy David wrote:Saw a reddit theory post on about Jaime Lannister being the "Prince that was promised". Sounds plausible and quite satisfying as the story goes but it's just fan speculation at this stage.

Meanwhile someone I know in real life has read the scripts that have leaked so they're on mute for the next 2.5 weeks.


I hope he is. He's one of my favourites due to the whole character 180 he does.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Ad7 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:45 pm

Image

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Ironhide » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:33 pm

A few of my current favourite theories are:

Melisandre is at least 400 years old and was somehow involved in the doom of Valeria.

Longclaw is actually a reforged Lightbringer and Jon is Azor Ahai reborn.

The white walkers don't need to get over or destroy the wall as there's a bridge to the west of it which completely bypasses it.

The dagger Bran gave to Arya is of massive importance as it was seen in a book Sam was reading in the citadel library.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Saint of Killers » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:05 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Watched ep 4 again. So the gold made it to King's Landing before the attack? Noooo.


I'm not sure what you are saying, are you disagreeing that all the gold made it to kings landing?


vaderno.jpg

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Moggy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Ironhide wrote:The white walkers don't need to get over or destroy the wall as there's a bridge to the west of it which completely bypasses it.


Some of the theories you posted were ok, but how the strawberry float would nobody have noticed that? :lol:

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Return_of_the_STAR » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:30 pm

Moggy wrote:
Ironhide wrote:The white walkers don't need to get over or destroy the wall as there's a bridge to the west of it which completely bypasses it.


Some of the theories you posted were ok, but how the strawberry float would nobody have noticed that? :lol:


I believe he's referring to an ice bridge. If you watch the opening credits the sea ice in the map in the north seems to now spread further south than the wall.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Game of Thrones (TV) - US Pace - NO BOOK DISCUSSION (that means NO BOOK DISCUSSION)
by Moggy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:41 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Ironhide wrote:The white walkers don't need to get over or destroy the wall as there's a bridge to the west of it which completely bypasses it.


Some of the theories you posted were ok, but how the strawberry float would nobody have noticed that? :lol:


I believe he's referring to an ice bridge. If you watch the opening credits the sea ice in the map in the north seems to now spread further south than the wall.


That makes more sense.

That’s a pretty big flaw in the whole “let’s build a big wall to keep them out” strategy. It might work for Trump as the gulf of Mexico is unlikely to freeze, but the Westeros sea to the north in winter?

I still don’t think it’ll happen that way though. They’ve been teasing us with a massive wall for years, they will knock that strawberry floater down. :nod:


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Benzin, Dowbocop, Garth, Google [Bot], Hime, lex-man, Photek, PuppetBoy, Rax, SandyCoin, suzzopher, Tafdolphin, That's not a growth, Tineash, Tsunade, wensleydale and 83 guests