GAME (as in the shop GAME): Retailer Of The Year 2018

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Trelliz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Moggy wrote:I don’t even think of going into Game when I want a game, I certainly will not be thinking of them when I want some American snacks.


I only go in regularly because there's one on the way to somewhere else and i often have a bit of time to kill beforehand, but i haven't bought anything since they stopped matching cex for trade ins which i used for steam/xbox/psn credit.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Winckle » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:52 pm

Ad7 wrote:I would never ever ever buy a game in a physical shop, let alone game, because online is always cheaper and I don't have to deal with people.

I would say:

I would never ever ever buy an item in a physical shop, let alone game, because online is always cheaper and I don't have to deal with people. Unless it's clothes I want to try on.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM Sec.
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by OrangeRKN » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:32 pm

Buying things online might avoid dealing with people, but necessitates dealing with computers.

I'd prefer to avoid both tbh

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Moggy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:52 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:Buying things online might avoid dealing with people, but necessitates dealing with computers.

I'd prefer to avoid both tbh


So you are posting on an online forum to tell us that you avoid online shopping for computer games because you like to avoid using computers?

Ok…. :slol:

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Photek » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Are they still called computer games?

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Moggy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Photek wrote:Are they still called computer games?


Whether they are called computer games or video games or just games, the fact remains he will have to deal with a computer if he wants to play them.

User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Winckle » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:46 pm

Photek wrote:Are they still called computer games?

If you play them on a computer, yes.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM Sec.
SONM Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by OrangeRKN » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Moggy wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:Buying things online might avoid dealing with people, but necessitates dealing with computers.

I'd prefer to avoid both tbh


So you are posting on an online forum to tell us that you avoid online shopping for computer games because you like to avoid using computers?

Ok…. :slol:


Yes exactly

(To expand/explain my actual thoughts, I like to avoid buying things online because of privacy and security concerns. Paying in cash at self-service checkouts in shops is pretty much the perfect solution)

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Karl » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Winckle wrote:I would never ever ever buy an item in a physical shop

:toxx:

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Preezy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:20 pm

Walked past the local Game today at lunchtime, town was heaving but it didn't look like there was a single person in the store. Storefront was almost completely taken up by a display of second hand phones and devices.

User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Rubix » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:44 pm

While we are slagging off game, put in the bargains thread

Rubix wrote:

Game :fp:

PLAY | PS4: Spider-man | PSVR Rush of Blood | Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 2
WATCH | Westworld S2, Bodyguard
READ | How to sleep well
User avatar
Winckle
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Winckle » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Karl wrote:
Winckle wrote:I would never ever ever buy an item in a physical shop

:toxx:

I even buy clothes on Amazon Karl, I am extremely online.

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Karl » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Winckle wrote:
Karl wrote:
Winckle wrote:I would never ever ever buy an item in a physical shop

:toxx:

I even buy clothes on Amazon Karl, I am extremely online.

Just know that you'll be permabanned if I'm ever supplied with evidence of you buying a thing from a shop.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Qikz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:05 pm

I don't understand Game. They went under because of their shitty business practices. Someone bought them and then continued on the same path. Why didn't they modernise?

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Karl » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Modernisation is hard, doubling down on being shitty is easy.

User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Knoyleo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:13 pm

No, no, double up, stupid

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Preezy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:14 pm

“Right”, I think, “time to buy FIFA.”

It’s £49.99 everywhere, and I want a copy pronto so I can play it tomorrow evening as the wife is out, might as well head into town and grab a copy from Game.

In-store price £52.99.

*walks out*

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Hexx » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:15 pm

Preezy wrote:“Right”, I think, “time to buy FIFA.”

It’s £49.99 everywhere, and I want a copy pronto so I can play it tomorrow evening as the wife is out, might as well head into town and grab a copy from Game.

In-store price £52.99.

*walks out*


https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Art ... words=fifa

Delivered by tomorrow!

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Preezy » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Hexx wrote:
Preezy wrote:“Right”, I think, “time to buy FIFA.”

It’s £49.99 everywhere, and I want a copy pronto so I can play it tomorrow evening as the wife is out, might as well head into town and grab a copy from Game.

In-store price £52.99.

*walks out*


https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Art ... words=fifa

Delivered by tomorrow!

Done, my hero :wub:

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GAME Shares "Collapse"; Sports Direct owner purchases 26%
by Preezy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:09 pm

Amazon attempted to deliver FIFA to my office today - DID THEY strawberry float

strawberry floats sake, I'm blaming you for this, Hexx :x :x


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Chocolate-Milk, Garth, Gemini73, HSH28, Mafro, mcjihge2, NickSCFC, Peter Crisp, The Doom Spoon, Trelliz and 48 guests