Gary Glitter has heart attack before bording plane to UK!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
shas'la
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Gary Glitter has heart attack before bording plane to UK!
by shas'la » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:29 pm

Cal - Supporter of Garry Glitter.

Image
User avatar
Henke
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gary Glitter has heart attack before bording plane to UK!
by Henke » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:32 pm

3 years in a Vietnam prison and castration is pretty tough for downloading kiddie porn though, no? :lol:

Venom wrote:Great form, great volume, great nips.
So great! :)
Twitchynipples
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gary Glitter has heart attack before bording plane to UK!
by Twitchynipples » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:33 pm

Henke wrote:3 years in a Vietnam prison and castration is pretty tough for downloading kiddie porn though, no? :lol:


I don't know, the guy in midnight express stuck heroin up his arse and got a lot worse

User avatar
Cal
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gary Glitter has heart attack before bording plane to UK!
by Cal » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:01 pm

JiggerJay wrote:Are you a pedophile? you seem to be going far to defend Gary Glitter and the like.


:lol: No, are you? Oh, no, that's right - you're a f*cking moron.

JiggerJay wrote:Ok it was never proven that he abused the girls in vietnam...


Glad you at least see fit to mention it. The jury is still out on that, though - although there is a long list of precedents of westerners being set-up for such crimes in countries all along the SE Asian archipelago. Blackmail is a growth industry and the locals are quick to catch on.

JiggerJay wrote:...however he has been a proven child porn downloader, I am all for castration for the real sick ones.


I wonder how, in your topsy-turvy universe, we decide who's a 'real sick one' and who isn't. Hmmm...

JiggerJay wrote:...they get one chance, strawberry float it up, snip snip, gooseberry fool whilst i am there we'll take the penis too.


Yeah, why not? I'm sure you'll find a use for it. :lol:

User avatar
Drunken_Master
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gary Glitter has heart attack before bording plane to UK!
by Drunken_Master » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:54 pm

Just read this on the Times website.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 575628.ece

Paedophiles may be mad or bad. But not both
If Gary Glitter is a criminal, and not mentally ill, then he has paid the price and we should not punish him again
Carol Sarler

With impeccably spun timing, while Gary Glitter hunkered down at Bangkok airport to avoid police interrogation at Heathrow, Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, took to the airwaves yesterday to announce new initiatives to prevent paedophiles from travelling as “sex tourists”. Snatch their passports, she cried. Ground them for five years. Nail their filthy feet to the floor.

Her plans, no doubt, resonated with public opinion. In announcing them, however, she reinforced a largely unacknowledged muddle at the heart of all debate on the subject of paedophilia: is it an illness, or is it a crime?

At the moment, galvanised by the desire to be as punitive as possible, we mix and match. When it suits us to invoke the idea of uncontrollable urges, we do exactly that - look how readily the tabloid press appends “sick!” to any mention of child abuse. On the other hand, when it suits us to argue for the throwing away of keys, as befits any rotten but otherwise common criminal, we do that instead. The truth is, it's time to choose.

If we accept that paedophilia is an illness - and there are reasoned voices who say that it is - then, by definition, we accept it as being beyond the control of its sufferer in exactly the way that we accept schizophrenia. Therefore, we should respond as such: if a man, for reasons not remotely his fault, is posing a risk to others, he should be subject to sectioning under the Mental Health Act, with all the appropriate regret, sympathy and kindness that accompanies such a move. Given the grip of the current bogeyman frenzy, it is hard to see that one playing in Peoria; nevertheless, it would be the only humane response.

If we accept that it is a crime, however, then it is something which the perpetrator can control. He may choose to offend or not, and if he chooses what is unacceptable, again we should respond as such. We catch the bastard, try him, lock him up by way of penalty and then - this is the crucial bit - once he has served his sentence we restore his liberty. In full.

This has been the fundamental principle of justice, at least within crime and punishment, that has stood us in reasonable stead since Magna Carta. Now, just because one particular category of behaviour is exciting public consciousness - pressing, as it does, all the right buttons such as “sex” and “children” - is collective gut revulsion really enough to challenge copper-bottomed, tried, tested and trusted legal tradition?

We already have 30,000 people on the sex offenders register; people who paid the decreed price for their offence and now will spend the rest of their lives paying again. This sounds as titillatingly vast a number as it is meant to sound - although closer scrutiny shows that it certainly does not mean 30,000 icons of unparalleled evil are out on the loose; among those whose details are kept and lives monitored for ever, a great many are included for nothing more dreadful than slightly under-age, consensual sex. But never mind. Keep the figure high and the hysteria higher still.

Increasingly, on the back of that hysteria, authorities of law and order expect Brownie points for imposing yet more restrictions, clampdowns and controls - and, thanks also to the hysteria, they are permitted to do so without attention being paid to the anomalies thus created.

Take, for instance, a man who had sexual intercourse with a 14-year-old girl or boy. If caught, and especially if force were involved, he would expect a severe sentence - at the end of which, he would emerge into the light of day and have his every movement monitored for the rest of his natural life. And so what, you say, shedding not a tear.

Quite so. But if that same man had broken every bone in that same 14-year-old child's body, he would similarly expect a severe sentence - at the end of which the prison gates would slam behind him and he would be totally free.

By the same token, Gary Glitter might deserve not a jot of our concern. None the less, in his disinclination to chat with a police officer at Heathrow, presumably before being added to the sex offenders register, he does have a point. For had his crime been other than fiddling with little Vietnamese girls, had he instead been convicted and imprisoned for, say, drug smuggling or a gang-related killing spree, he could return to Britain without a shred of further official intervention in his life.

It is, of course, understandable that there is a fear of recidivism; few of us really believe that the Vietnamese girls were Glitter's first victims. But recidivism is rife in almost all crimes, and the law does not allow for the pre-emption of the next occurrence; when a released armed robber returns to his trade, with the accompanying risk to the lives of innocent people, he will be punished after the event, not in case of it.

Further, until that time, he will not be spied upon - in part because we do not have the resources, but in greater part, I fancy, because we would consider perpetual surveillance and control an unacceptable step towards a police state. In short, we sacrifice potential future victims of the armed robber's gun for a system that we find morally more palatable.

Harder to sacrifice Glitter's potential future victims? Of course. Putting children in danger outweighs almost any other consideration - except, perhaps, the danger of the precedent set by singling out one identifiable group and excluding it from the principles of law that apply to all others.

The solution, therefore, is either to declare all those on the sex offenders register to be unwell and apply open-ended treatment, compassionately, according to the severity of their condition - or to declare them criminals, take our several pounds of flesh and let them go. Mad or bad. But we can't, in conscience, have it both ways.

So you pick.

Image

Prime Directives : Prosecute those who steal memes from other forums. :fp:
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gary Glitter has heart attack before bording plane to UK!
by Peter Crisp » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:03 pm

This case just goes to prove just how OTT people in the UK can be about pedophiles. It seems that even if Garry glitter decided to just come back to the UK and become a hermit and never leave his house again that would not be enough for some people. Does a prison sentence mean nothing to the people who are joining the lynch mob? He's done his time and he will be monitored by the probation service so I feel its time to let him live the rest of his life without the constant press intrusion that he will no doubt be bombarded with.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
JK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Gary Glitter has heart attack before bording plane to UK!
by JK » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:17 pm

Drown them in the river! Everybody knows paedophiles share more genes with crabs than they do with humans!

That's Nonce Sense.

User avatar
Pattybean
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: insert 10p to continue
Location: The Tower

PostRe: Gary Glitter has heart attack before bording plane to UK!
by Pattybean » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:20 pm

Image

Image
NEON MASTER RACE
pattybean - SW1164-1565-3232

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christmas CrackErrkal, Mafro and 76 guests