GRcade Retro Gaming Chat

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Gemini73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:16 am

Ordered Burnout 2 on GameCube today.

Also continuing with my picking up PS3 and Xbox 360 titles while they're still cheap as chips. Ordered, for PS3, Battlefield: Bad Company 1, 2 & 3. Cost me just over a tenner including p&p.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Ad7 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:18 am

I've got a shedload of older stuff just sitting around I might be looking to shift if you guys are actively looking.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Drumstick » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:22 am

Gemini73 wrote:Ordered Burnout 2 on GameCube today.

Nice work. It's such a massive improvement over the original.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Gemini73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:26 am

Drumstick wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:Ordered Burnout 2 on GameCube today.

Nice work. It's such a massive improvement over the original.


Was playing it via Dolphin not long back, but after having to reset my PC I've not reinstalled the emulator but decided, as my favourite Burnout title, I'd like to own a genuine copy.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Drumstick » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:30 am

Gemini73 wrote:Was playing it via Dolphin not long back, but after having to reset my PC I've not reinstalled the emulator but decided, as my favourite Burnout title, I'd like to own a genuine copy.

Cheap as chips too. Got my copy for about a fiver on eBay a few years back.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Gemini73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:34 am

Drumstick wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:Was playing it via Dolphin not long back, but after having to reset my PC I've not reinstalled the emulator but decided, as my favourite Burnout title, I'd like to own a genuine copy.

Cheap as chips too. Got my copy for about a fiver on eBay a few years back.


Price has gone up a bit. Mine cost just over a tenner including p&p. Happy with that though.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Gemini73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:10 am

Will definitely be re-installing Dolphin. A lot of GC game pricing takes the piss. Wind Waker, for example, upwards of £25 in "acceptable" condition. I might understand if it was a rarity, but Wind Waker is about as rare as the availability of Costa Coffee shops.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Drumstick » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:12 am

Can't beat having a nice, shiny physical collection though.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Gemini73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:18 am

True, but I draw the line at paying over the odds for games that are widely and easily available just because it's "Nintendo".

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Drumstick » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:30 am

Another one is SSBM. I have never seen the average price of that game drop below £20 and it was the best-selling game on the system (selling almost double the number of copies of Wind Waker, for example).

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Trelliz » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:33 am

Gemini73 wrote:True, but I draw the line at paying over the odds for games that are widely and easily available just because it's "Nintendo".


Especially as none of those jacked-up fees are actually going to anyone involved in making the game in the first place, but to some scalper on ebay.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Gemini73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:43 am

SEGA Dreamcast is almost as bad with some games. It's why I'm snapping up PS3 and 360 games now as no doubt we'll see a spike in pricing some time.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:33 am

Drumstick wrote:Another one is SSBM. I have never seen the average price of that game drop below £20 and it was the best-selling game on the system (selling almost double the number of copies of Wind Waker, for example).

Blame wannabe Smash Pro's snapping up all the copies they can get their sweaty mitts on.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Trelliz » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:18 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:Blame wannabe Smash Pro's snapping up all the copies they can get their sweaty mitts on.


Given how much they sweat/smell, I imagine they go through a decent number of copies a year. :dread:

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Gemini73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:26 pm

Don't all Nintendo fans avoid personal hygiene? I thought it was part of the uniform?

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Ad7 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:28 pm

Nintendo fans are patiently waiting on a port of last gen deodourant.

Pii Eew

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Ad7 wrote:Nintendo fans are patiently waiting on a port of last gen deodourant.

Pii Eew

:lol:

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Gemini73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:00 pm

Very good. :lol:

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by jawafour » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:21 pm



The C64 Mini didn't really attract me, but a real-size version with a proper keyboard? Oh boy... "I'm excited!" :) .

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Gemini73 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Definitely be interested in that.

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Diceman, Gemini73, jawafour, mcjihge2, Monkey Man, Moz, NickSCFC, OldSoulCyborg, Pedz, Robbo-92, Starquake, TonyDA, Trelliz and 52 guests