GRcade Retro Gaming Chat

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Squinty » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:41 pm

The cutscenes are ridiculous in that game.

Not even sure it's a good ridiculous.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Lagamorph » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Twin Snakes is the best Metal Gear Solid game in existence.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Squinty » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Twin Snakes is the best Metal Gear Solid game in existence.


Not while MGS1 on PS1 exists :wub:

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Drumstick » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:25 pm

So I went with Twin Snakes.

Can tell this is going to be an amazing game but I couldn't do the first bit and it didn't seem obvious what to do and I could get the controls and I kept getting shot so I switched it off. Will try again at the weekend.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Drumstick » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:35 am

Drumstick wrote:So I went with Twin Snakes.

Can tell this is going to be an amazing game but I couldn't do the first bit and it didn't seem obvious what to do and I could get the controls and I kept getting shot so I switched it off. Will try again at the weekend.

Got properly into this tonight. Stumbled my way to the first boss/mini-games, that Ocelot guy. Pretty good. Elected against saving so I could retrace my steps tomorrow and get a better grip of things.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
Hound
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London, UK
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Hound » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:41 pm

I just won an RGB and 60hz switch modded master System 2 on eBay for £11 :D

Looking forward to building up my MS collection

Image
Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:42 am

Drumstick wrote:
Drumstick wrote:So I went with Twin Snakes.

Can tell this is going to be an amazing game but I couldn't do the first bit and it didn't seem obvious what to do and I could get the controls and I kept getting shot so I switched it off. Will try again at the weekend.

Got properly into this tonight. Stumbled my way to the first boss/mini-games, that Ocelot guy. Pretty good. Elected against saving so I could retrace my steps tomorrow and get a better grip of things.


"That Ocelot guy," - you've never played the original, have you? I look forward to you getting to the likes of Sniper Wolf and Psycho Mantis. Keep us informed.

Image Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by jawafour » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:11 am

Hound wrote:I just won an RGB and 60hz switch modded master System 2 on eBay for £11 :D

Looking forward to building up my MS collection

Eleven quid?!? That sounds like a terrific deal, Hound. I really like the Master System. The flickering sprites and plinky-plonky sound only add to the charm :wub: .

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Drumstick » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:33 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
Drumstick wrote:So I went with Twin Snakes.

Can tell this is going to be an amazing game but I couldn't do the first bit and it didn't seem obvious what to do and I could get the controls and I kept getting shot so I switched it off. Will try again at the weekend.

Got properly into this tonight. Stumbled my way to the first boss/mini-games, that Ocelot guy. Pretty good. Elected against saving so I could retrace my steps tomorrow and get a better grip of things.


"That Ocelot guy," - you've never played the original, have you? I look forward to you getting to the likes of Sniper Wolf and Psycho Mantis. Keep us informed.

Never played a MGS game mate.

I only found out last night that you can creep up behind people and choke them.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Johnny Ryall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Macraig
Location: Box Elder, MO

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Johnny Ryall » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:42 pm

Playing the Christian Whitehead android version of Sonic 2 after finishing up Mania. It actually plays really well on a touchscreen. But ho I wish I could play this wide-screen on the big TV.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Ad7 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:10 pm

Johnny Ryall wrote:Playing the Christian Whitehead android version of Sonic 2 after finishing up Mania. It actually plays really well on a touchscreen. But ho I wish I could play this wide-screen on the big TV.


Use a mhl adapter and a Bluetooth gamepad and you can. I do it with my tablet.

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by NickSCFC » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Found this at Blackpool pleasure beach :wub:

Image

Yes that's me :dread:

Image Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Ad7 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:05 pm

Dayum, Sega rally, ridge racer AND touring car in a row! The only thing that could be better would be 8 player Daytona.

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Green Gecko » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:01 am

There are 4 Daytona machines at the front of a place in Brighton, but that's literally it, as everything behind it is gambling and catchers (same thing).

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
"just put the button line about the message components div" - Official Errkal Sponsor 2017
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Drumstick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:16 am

Played some more MGS last night and holy gooseberry fool did it take me a long time to find Meryl's codec frequency.

Then I got to the tank battle. Don't think my strategy was particularly great and so didn't manage to do it.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:54 am

You're fairly motoring through.

Image Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Preezy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:28 am

NickSCFC wrote:Yes that's me :dread:

You look like you're having a poo.

Image
User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by NickSCFC » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 am

Preezy wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:Yes that's me :dread:

You look like you're having a poo.


I was :shifty:

Image Image
User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:16 pm

Drumstick wrote:Played some more MGS last night and holy gooseberry fool did it take me a long time to find Meryl's codec frequency.

Then I got to the tank battle. Don't think my strategy was particularly great and so didn't manage to do it.

I started MGS3 today (HD) for the first time, having played the initial two years ago. They get progressively weirder.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Drumstick » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Just picked up the Nikita. Couldn't be strawberry floated with the turrets repeatedly shooting down my missiles so I've gone to bed.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gamerforever, Google [Bot], Green Gecko, HSH28, jiggles, Monkey Man, OldSoulCyborg, Pedz and 45 guests