GRcade Retro Gaming Chat

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Eat it Harvey
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Eat it Harvey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:54 pm

Just picked up Republic Commando and Morrowind for the Xbox. £18 for the pair didn't seem too bad to me.

Also, because I'm an idiot who's curious about gooseberry fool games, I got Duke Nukem Forever (360) and Aliens: Colonial Marines (PS3) for £4, with Assassins Creed: Black Flag (PS3) for another £2.50.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by kerr9000 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:59 pm

Eat it Harvey wrote:Just picked up Republic Commando and Morrowind for the Xbox. £18 for the pair didn't seem too bad to me.

Also, because I'm an idiot who's curious about gooseberry fool games, I got Duke Nukem Forever (360) and Aliens: Colonial Marines (PS3) for £4, with Assassins Creed: Black Flag (PS3) for another £2.50.


Republic Commando is a top game, and its a great price for that and Morrowind as people often ask for more for Morrowind on its own.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000_blog on Instagram. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 etc
User avatar
Snowy
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Akuma / Dormin
Location: Surrey, darling

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Snowy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:20 pm

Eat it Harvey wrote:Also, because I'm an idiot who's curious about gooseberry fool games, I got Duke Nukem Forever (360) and Aliens: Colonial Marines (PS3) for £4


I literally just did this the other day as well. I haven't played them yet but I often like mindless games I don't have to think about that everyone says are rubbish.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by jawafour » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:48 pm

I recently found myself becoming a little frustrated with "modern" gaming. There are lots of great games around and I love the current platforms, but the push by major publishers towards "pay constantly", the high pricing / fast reductions on titles, the disappearance of gaming magazines and things like Elder Scrolls Online being slowly turned into loot box gambling games... well, I feel that it casts a shadow over my videogaming experience.

And so , whilst looking around at other options, I found myself looking towards retro gaming. I had shifted away from retro in past years; my attention had always been caught by the latest, shiniest modern games.

I was surprised to discover that the old computer formats are more popular now than they perhaps were a few years ago. They have small but dedicated fan bases and there are even new games being released; often making max use of the hardware due to the years of knowledge being applied. The Commodore 64 was my favourite gaming format back in the 80s and I found that there's a fanzine (a paper one, gasp!) that is published on a regular basis. I dived in to Freeze64 and gave it a go!



I'm having a top time catching up on the issues; both in remembering the great games of the past and discovering new things that are being made now. The next step is to visit the loft and search out my original C64 hardware... to identify what bits are still working and what bits need looking at!

I'm still interested in current gaming but this other avenue feels like a good way of re-connecting to how - for me - it all began. It's old... but it feels fresh!

User avatar
The Doom Spoon
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Wales
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by The Doom Spoon » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:59 pm

That's great Jawa! Totally understand what you mean about modern gaming. This last year my attention has never been so averted towards retro gaming.

Since doing so and really getting into collecting for the GC it makes me miss the days when games felt like love and effort was put into them, you had the complete game on release and crucially no "season passes" day one patches or no loot boxes!

User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by Saigon Slick » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:52 pm

jawafour wrote:I recently found myself becoming a little frustrated with "modern" gaming. There are lots of great games around and I love the current platforms, but the push by major publishers towards "pay constantly", the high pricing / fast reductions on titles, the disappearance of gaming magazines and things like Elder Scrolls Online being slowly turned into loot box gambling games... well, I feel that it casts a shadow over my videogaming experience.

And so , whilst looking around at other options, I found myself looking towards retro gaming. I had shifted away from retro in past years; my attention had always been caught by the latest, shiniest modern games.

I was surprised to discover that the old computer formats are more popular now than they perhaps were a few years ago. They have small but dedicated fan bases and there are even new games being released; often making max use of the hardware due to the years of knowledge being applied. The Commodore 64 was my favourite gaming format back in the 80s and I found that there's a fanzine (a paper one, gasp!) that is published on a regular basis. I dived in to Freeze64 and gave it a go!



I'm having a top time catching up on the issues; both in remembering the great games of the past and discovering new things that are being made now. The next step is to visit the loft and search out my original C64 hardware... to identify what bits are still working and what bits need looking at!

I'm still interested in current gaming but this other avenue feels like a good way of re-connecting to how - for me - it all began. It's old... but it feels fresh!


I just bought Robotron 64 btw Jawa - gonna put it on over the weekend, will post pictures. :D

Image Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade Retro Gaming Chat
by jawafour » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:57 pm

Saigon Slick wrote:I just bought Robotron 64 btw Jawa - gonna put it on over the weekend, will post pictures. :D

Ah! I do like Robo' 64; it's simple but slick and the soundtrack is *massively* 90s! Looking forward to seeing a pic of your copy :-) .


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], H3AN3Y, Monkey Man, SerialCeler and 54 guests