Golf

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostGolf
by FatDaz » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:20 am

Anyone here play? I used to dabble when I was 15 but was never very good but I'm looking to get into it and hopefully play regularly.

I decided after Xmas I was due an upgrade so finally replaced my 17 year old no brand starter set with all new kit!

Haven't given them a proper test yet bar a trip to the driving range. I'm essentially a beginner and high handicap, though the pro who helped me buy kit said I have potential with a bit of work. I'll probably get a few lessons and see how I go.

So who here plays, what handicap and what equipment do you use / recommend. (I couldn't see an official golf thread?)
User avatar
Gandalf
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Golf
by Gandalf » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:41 am

I do (sort of) but I haven't been for ages, probably only played 2-3 times last year (women commitments got in the way!) I still only use an old set of Calloway's of my uncles. I'm not too bad with the driver and woods, but my iron work is nothing short of shocking! :lol:
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Golf
by KK » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:46 am

I attempted it once. Rather like darts it's considerably harder than it looks. I think by the time I'd finished the golf course suddenly had 400 bunkers that weren't there when I started.
Image
User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: Golf
by abcd » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:49 am

I can never seem to get the ball in between the windmill.
Image
User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Golf
by FatDaz » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:10 pm

[iup=3655081]Gandalf[/iup] wrote:I do (sort of) but I haven't been for ages, probably only played 2-3 times last year (women commitments got in the way!) I still only use an old set of Calloway's of my uncles. I'm not too bad with the driver and woods, but my iron work is nothing short of shocking! :lol:


I'm the opposite, my irons are pretty reliable but I struggle with woods. Putting is where I fall apart though!

Went ball shopping earlier, had no idea how many variations of ball there are or how expensive! (Especially as I'll no doubt lose a load!)
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Golf
by Tomous » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm

Putting is where I fall apart too, although I only play mini golf.
User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Golf
by Kezzer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:24 pm

[iup=3655085]abcd[/iup] wrote:I can never seem to get the ball in between the windmill.


:lol: :lol:
Image
Image
Image

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread |
User avatar
Gandalf
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Golf
by Gandalf » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:10 pm

[iup=3655101]FatDaz[/iup] wrote:
[iup=3655081]Gandalf[/iup] wrote:I do (sort of) but I haven't been for ages, probably only played 2-3 times last year (women commitments got in the way!) I still only use an old set of Calloway's of my uncles. I'm not too bad with the driver and woods, but my iron work is nothing short of shocking! :lol:


I'm the opposite, my irons are pretty reliable but I struggle with woods. Putting is where I fall apart though!

Went ball shopping earlier, had no idea how many variations of ball there are or how expensive! (Especially as I'll no doubt lose a load!)


You're better off getting a bag of lake balls for the level that you're on at the moment (you actually get a few surprises in them too, a few Calloway's, Titleist's, PING's) so if you do lose them, it's no biggie!
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Golf
by Moggy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:11 pm

[iup=3655101]FatDaz[/iup] wrote:I struggle with woods.


There are websites out there that can help you with that.
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Golf
by Qikz » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:46 pm

I used to play with my Dad and maybe now i'm moving in with him I'll start to play again. When I first started I couldn't hit the ball any considerable distance without having it on a Tee and even then I couldn't hit it very far. The last time I played I could actually hit the ball a decent distance off the ground and that was when I was 16 so I'm hoping if I play again I'll be able to put a bit more strength into my swing and hit it a bit further than before.

I actually really enjoy playing golf, not a big fan of watching it though.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Golf
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:56 pm

Me, on the golf course:

Image
Image Image
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Golf
by Qikz » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:02 pm

[iup=3655256]Corazon de Leon[/iup] wrote:Me, on the golf course:

Image


"Nice pants dude" - American 2015

Image
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Golf
by Ironhide » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:44 pm

My brother is obsessed with golf, both playing and watching it, he's even got several pairs of hideous golfing trousers.
Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Irene Demova, Karl, Rightey, Yahoo [Bot] and 59 guests