Welcome to Season 7 of GRAPL, aka GRcade's Amazing Prediction League, where you must use your powers of foresight to accurately guess the outcome of WWE PPVs throughout the year.
For 6 years, one man ruled this world. That man was Rog McMahon. He ruled with an iron fist, year after year, ruthlessly administering GRAPL after GRAPL. A tyrannical reign full of controversy, but also high television ratings.
Rog McMahon wrote:What a six years it's been. For everyone saying WWE is predictable you all have done strawberry floating terribly. The only thing that has been predictable is how consistently awful you all are. I have had to endure some garbage, I'm too good to you guys in truth. Everyone says that GRAPL is the reason they still watch WWE. That is wrong. I am the reason you still watch WWE. I am GRAPL and the awesomeness of GRAPL is the awesomeness of me. Without me you haven't got gooseberry fool. Luckily for you there isn't a long wait for season 7. Maybe next season you'll give me the respect I deserve.
RIP, Rog McMahon? We may never know what truly happened to him that fateful evening.
After his mystery demise, his Last Will and Testament was read out, and shockingly, it named his GRAPL successor.
Or should I say... successors.
I guess you could call us... The GRthority
I, Stephanie Mockmanster, and my loving husband, Triple K...KLEIN, will be running Season 7 of GRAPL. We will be a power partnership, sharing duties and alternating PPVs each month.
Rules for GRAPL are essentially the same as before, but with some revolutionary tweaks. Please read:
- Make predictions every month by filling out the form
- The biggest change is that all predictions must be in by Saturday Midnight, not Sunday. Any submitted after Saturday Midnight will not be accepted, and any edits made after this will void your entry. This will reduce the impact of Betting Odds playing a role, as has been seen in the past.
There will a maximum of 16 Points up for grabs every PPV.
- 1 point for predicting a match winner
- 2-3 points for any harder to predict additional match questions (e.g. who gets pinned in a triple threat match)
- 1 point for any Bonus Trivia questions
- The player/s who gets the highest prediction score each month, scores an additional 5 bonus points.
In GRAPL Season 7 you have two Modifiers you can use. A DOUBLE and a MONEY IN THE BANK.
- The DOUBLE: Every month you get one use of a 'Double'. Whichever question you choose for your Double, you will score double points should your prediction be correct, so don't forget to use it! To use your Double, just write DOUBLE next to the question of your choice. See below:
The Rock vs Stone Cold vs Mankind
Winner (1pt): The Rock
Who gets pinned? (2pts) Mankind DOUBLE <--- Doubled to 4pts
- MONEY IN THE BANK: Each player who enters GRAPL also has 1 MONEY IN THE BANK briefcase. If cashed in, this doubles your final score for the entire PPV. It can only be cashed in once during the GRAPL calendar between now and Wrestlemania 31, so use it wisely. (NB: This modifier is applied after the 5 points bonus is given out to whoever got the highest prediction score). To cash in, simply state along with your predictions that you are choosing to do so, with extra kudos for using a relevant dramatic GIF at the same time.
After Wrestlemania 31, just under a year from now, we will crown the new GRAPL Champion 2015. The top 3 final places will receive prizes. The rest of you will just be... B+ players. But don't despair, that's a nice little spot for you!
Previous Champions wrote:2014 - GM
2013 - Caped Chameleon
2012 - Mockmaster
2011 - Skippy
2010 - Return of the Star
2009 - Zellery
The original GRAPL Thread, which has now attained Hall of Fame status, can be found here:
Lastly, thanks to our Director of Logo Operations, Jay Adama, for the awesome logo work.
Now, it's time to get predicting!