This season we've made a couple of minor changes, explained below and again at the foot for this post FOR EMPHASIS
- Make predictions for each event by filling out the form
- Each WWE PPV and select NXT Takeover events will be included in this season's GRAPL
- Predictions must be in by 11:59pm the day prior to the event, so Saturday for the standard Sunday PPV. Late entries will be accepted until 6am the following morning but will be subject to a five point deduction, any edits made after this time will void your entry. This will reduce the impact of Betting Odds playing a role, as has been seen in the past.
There will a maximum of 16 Points up for grabs every PPV save for Wrestlemania 33, which will offer double. NXT events will be worth 10 points.
The person (or people) with the highest score including the use of Doubles but before the use of a Money in the Bank multiplier, receives a 5 point bonus.
In GRAPL Season 9 you have two Modifiers you can use. A DOUBLE and a MONEY IN THE BANK.
- The DOUBLE: Every month you get one use of a 'Double'. Whichever question you choose for your Double, you will score double points should your prediction be correct, so don't forget to use it! To use your Double, just write DOUBLE next to the question of your choice. See below:
The Rock vs Stone Cold vs Mankind
Winner (1pt): The Rock
Who gets pinned? (2pts) Mankind DOUBLE <--- Doubled to 4pts
- MONEY IN THE BANK: Each player who enters GRAPL also has 1 MONEY IN THE BANK briefcase. If cashed in, this doubles your final score for the entire PPV. It can only be cashed in once during the GRAPL calendar between now up until, but not including, Wrestlemania 33, so use it wisely. This modifier is applied before the 5 points bonus is given out to whoever got the highest prediction score.
To cash in, simply state along with your predictions that you are choosing to do so, with extra kudos for using a relevant dramatic GIF at the same time.
Champions wrote:2017 - Balloon Sod
2016 - Jeffrey
2015 - Balloon Sod
2014 - GM
2013 - Caped Chameleon
2012 - Mockmaster
2011 - Skippy
2010 - Return of the Star
2009 - Zellery
A reminder of the rule changes:
- Wrestlemania is now worth double the amount of points of the average PPV, that's a total of 32 points. This decision was made in the hope that we'll have a more dramatic finale.
- Players will no longer be able to use their Money in the Bank modifier for their Wrestlemania predictions, because with the twice the points available anyone with their head screwed on would wait for then.
Balloon Sod - 252
Return_of_the_Star - 247
Jeffrey - 230
Slimgrady - 225
Hank Scorpio - 220
Nature Boy - 219
teh bork - 217
Kanbei - 213
KK - 205
Skippy - 205
Irene Demova - 179
Vishvanath - 177
Dig Dug - 158
Cosmo - 91
PCCD - 75
Prototype - 62
Codename 47 - 28
Tomvek - 26
Curious Oyster - 11