|Fight Club| MMA - Boxing |OT| Welcome to the UFC, where rankings dont matter and the belts are made up

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
$ilva $hadow
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC / MMA
by $ilva $hadow » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:33 pm

I won't be posting much, but I can assure you that this thread will be one of my refuges on a saturday night. I'll be under influence while watching almost everything that's posted in this thread.



Can. Not. WAIT. For HATTON VS PACQUIAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Match is going to be epic.

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC / MMA
by Floex » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:38 pm

Yes! :mrgreen:

Can. Not. WAIT. For HATTON VS PACQUIAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Match is going to be epic.


You said it, brother. If it's built up like anything of the Mayweather/Hatton fight, this could be monumental!

User avatar
Bethlehemster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC / MMA
by Bethlehemster » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:43 pm

Got a call of my mate. that night were getting a gooseberry fool load of beers and having an eight man poker game before it starts. Sweet!

User avatar
A J Styles
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Corby
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC / MMA
by A J Styles » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:45 pm

Not much a fan of Boxing. But i strawberry floating love UFC and any MMA.

Image
User avatar
$ilva $hadow
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC / MMA
by $ilva $hadow » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:08 pm

F-Heonix wrote:Yes! :mrgreen:

Can. Not. WAIT. For HATTON VS PACQUIAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Match is going to be epic.


You said it, brother. If it's built up like anything of the Mayweather/Hatton fight, this could be monumental!




This is bigger than the Mayweather/Hatton fight for me. A small fighter from the Philippines has emerged over the years and he's now one of the best. He comes from a poor background but he's amazing. And then we have Hatton, he's got the will of a strawberry floating warrior when he steps into the ring. Mayweather is fantastic, he's elegant and he isn't the street '*****' that the rest of his entourage love to conform to, but personally, I love Hatton because he's not from a rich background and I love Pacquiao for the same reason. This fight is going to be sooooooo epic. And then the winner will go on to face Mayweather which will be even more epic.

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC / MMA
by Floex » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:50 pm

THE UFC ANNOUNCES THREE SUPERFIGHTS FOR UFC 100
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP® ANNOUNCES THREE SUPERFIGHTS FOR UFC 100

SATURDAY, JULY 11 - LIVE FROM MANDALAY BAY EVENTS CENTER

BROCK LESNAR vs. FRANK MIR FOR THE UNDISPUTED UFC® HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

GEORGES ST-PIERRE vs. THIAGO ALVES
FOR THE UFC® WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

DAN HENDERSON vs. MICHAEL BISPING
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER® COACHES COLLIDE

Image

Las Vegas, NV (USA) – For the Ultimate Fighting Championship® organization’s historic UFC® 100 event on Saturday, July 11th at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, a stacked card featuring the best of the best in mixed martial arts is not only expected, but required. So to celebrate this once in a lifetime event, the UFC is pleased to announce three featured bouts that would be main events on their own anywhere in the world.

In the main event, the undisputed UFC® heavyweight championship of the world is on the line when reigning titleholder Brock Lesnar faces interim champ Frank Mir in one of the most highly anticipated rematches in heavyweight history.

“Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir put on one of the most intense one round fights I’ve ever seen at UFC 81,” said UFC President Dana White, referring to Mir’s submission victory over Lesnar in February of 2008. “But when it was over, both guys saw things very differently. Lesnar blamed his loss on inexperience and being too aggressive, while Mir saw his win as a triumph of his technique, something he says will happen every time they fight. On July 11th, these guys have their chance to do it again, and while a lot has happened for these two since that first fight, I know the rematch is going to be just as intense as the first one, especially considering that the winner walks away as the UFC Heavyweight Champion.”

The co-featured bout of the evening will see UFC welterweight champion Georges “Rush” St-Pierre risk his title against feared striker Thiago “Pitbull” Alves, a man many believe has the style and size to dethrone the seemingly unbeatable champion.


http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=19162

User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC / MMA
by Mommy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Mir/Pierre/Hendo FTW.

I have officially retired from international football.
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC-100 Card Announced / MMA
by Floex » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:02 pm

I've never seen Lesnar fight in MMA but saw footage from the last Mir/Lesnar fight and he got whopped bad. Mir is definitely on a roll after defeating Nogueira

Still rooting for Brock though 8-)

User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC-100 Card Announced / MMA
by Mommy » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:10 pm

F-Heonix wrote:I've never seen Lesnar fight in MMA but saw footage from the last Mir/Lesnar fight and he got whopped bad. Mir is definitely on a roll after defeating Nogueira

Still rooting for Brock though 8-)


He (lesnar) hasn't got the cage awareness that Mir has. He has got a lot of power though. It's a fight that could go either way. I think lesnar will be more conservative to start with.

I have officially retired from international football.
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC-100 Card Announced / MMA
by Rax » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:12 pm

Thats some fight card. They should all be great fights and theyll get rid of this interim champion nonsense. Should also get to see how good Bisping really is, or isnt.

User avatar
Lonestar
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC-100 Card Announced / MMA
by Lonestar » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:17 pm

Has anyone been keeping track of the Davis/Hardy buildup? It's been awesome so far, Dan Hardy recently made this thread on the cagewarriors forums.

http://www.cagewarriors.com/forums/show ... hp?t=35914

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"If I want to insult the guy I will do it to his face, in a publin forum. I wouldn;t waste my energy insulting him in private. I did love his comments about my bad teeth though! The reality is even if I did have bad teeth I can hide them, but he can't do anything about his face.

He sounds delusional, saying he is better at every range then me. His stengths are running away and bleeding, two things he will be doing alot of, come June 13th"

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC-100 Card Announced / MMA
by Floex » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:12 pm

I just love the fact that the editors thought it was worthy to give a full 2 miniutes of Naz getting a hair cut :lol:

User avatar
Lonestar
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC-100 Card Announced / MMA
by Lonestar » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Brian Alvarez from F4Wonline.com reported this on Bryan & Vinny Show Podcast from an e-mail sent in by Dave Meltzer from F4Wonline.com & Yahoo.com

One of the guys who auditioned showed up in a Lucha Mask (Mexican Pro-Wrestling Mask like similar to Rey Mysterio). On the application this guy gave a fake lucha name. Style, he put "Lucha Libre." Hometown he put "Mars."

He did great in the grappling portion and did good in the striking portion. When the Spike TV producers said "we will put you on TV, but you need to take of your mask and give us your real name." this guy refused to do it and walked off


Also did anyone watch the Strikeforce show? If not, you have to watch the Benji Radach / Scott Smith fight, FOTY contender.

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC-100 Card Announced / MMA
by Floex » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Links?

To be honest still quite new to MMA, is it a Japan thing? Like Pride? Well when it was around

So was Mysterio trying out for MMA!?

User avatar
Lonestar
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC-100 Card Announced / MMA
by Lonestar » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:24 pm

Image

Strikeforce is a US based promotion, they're probably number 2 behind the UFC. Here's the link to the fight http://www.myvideofight.com/video/strik ... dex-2.html

User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC-100 Card Announced / MMA
by Mommy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:45 pm

Lonestar wrote:
Brian Alvarez from F4Wonline.com reported this on Bryan & Vinny Show Podcast from an e-mail sent in by Dave Meltzer from F4Wonline.com & Yahoo.com

One of the guys who auditioned showed up in a Lucha Mask (Mexican Pro-Wrestling Mask like similar to Rey Mysterio). On the application this guy gave a fake lucha name. Style, he put "Lucha Libre." Hometown he put "Mars."

He did great in the grappling portion and did good in the striking portion. When the Spike TV producers said "we will put you on TV, but you need to take of your mask and give us your real name." this guy refused to do it and walked off


Also did anyone watch the Strikeforce show? If not, you have to watch the Benji Radach / Scott Smith fight, FOTY contender.



Smith is a reasonable fighter. This is the second time he has snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Shows heart.

I have officially retired from international football.
User avatar
Phatman
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC-100 Card Announced / MMA
by Phatman » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:40 pm

I'm bored, so here is my boxing predictions. Happy to debate any point.

Big Fight Predictions

Carl Froch vs Jermain Taylor

Physical:

Carl Froch - Very good power in either hand, rock solid chin and excellent stamina. Not particularly quick however, in handspeed, reaction or footspeed.

Jermain Taylor - Very quick with his hands and his feet. Very long reach for a former middleweight. Questionable stamina and chin however.

Technical:

Carl Froch - Nice short power shots, particularly with the uppercut. Underrated jab (even by himself). Has an extremely poor defence however and stationary footwork.

Jermain Taylor - Piston jab and straight right combination. Decent defence and textbook footwork. Timid with power shots, although this is a mild criticism.

Mental:

Carl Froch - Very aggressive and a good finisher. Excellent timing for counter power shots. Big heart for a brawl, doesn't easily break and hasn't thus far. Intelligent enough to adapt mid-fight. Looking for the big shot a little too much however.

Jermain Taylor - Intelligent combination puncher, but seems to lack the heart for a brawl and a poor finisher. Prefers to box than to fight.

Prediction: Froch by stoppage. Taylor to outbox Froch early, but Froch to outlast Taylor and slowly hurt him until the fight is stopped. Probably late.

Ricky Hatton vs Manny Pacquiao

Physical:

Ricky Hatton - Strong physically with good power. Always well-conditioned and surprisingly quick with both handspeed and footwork. Chin seems to be suspect and his reach is extremely poor however. Cuts and bruises easily.

Manny Pacquiao - Lightning quick with both handspeed, footwork and reactions. Good power, but unlikely to be knockout-level at this weight. Well conditioned. Chin is debatable; knocked out twice years ago as a flyweight and seemingly untroubled since, but relatively unproven at higher weights considering that Diaz and De La Hoya barely hit him.

Technical:

Ricky Hatton - Excellent body puncher, extremely underrated jab and solid power shots. Footwork is good when attacking. Defence is questionable, although likely to be better than ever having been tweaked by Mayweather Sr. Ditto for head movement.

Manny Pacquiao - Arguably the best footwork in boxing. Lethal, accurate power shots. Much improved jab. Very reasonable defence. Not great off the backfoot.

Mental:

Ricky Hatton - Very aggressive, arguably to the point of recklessness. Has the heart for a brawl. Seems to be easily rattled however, which destroys tactics.

Manny Pacquiao - Intelligent fighting in a brawl or in a boxing fight. Well disciplined. Good timing and a decent combination puncher. Flustered on the backfoot.

Prediction: Pacquiao on points. Probably won't be close, with Pacquiao dominating from the outside. Hatton should be able to survive and take the fight to Pacquiao, but is unlikely to find a way to win.

Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye:

Physical:

Wladimir Klitschko - Tall, lean and well conditioned. Good reach. Excellent power and reasonable speed for a heavyweight. Very questionable chin however and seems to cut easily.

David Haye - Well conditioned and extremely quick, in reaction, handspeed and footwork. Explosive power in either hand. Very questionable chin as well and questionable balance.

Technical:

Wladimir Klitschko - Great jab and straight right combination. Good defence and fairly textbook footwork. Well crafted power shots. Arguably too textbook in technique, meaning potentially predictable.

David Haye - Great power shots, excellent footwork and an underrated body-puncher. Defence barely exists however and seems relatively poor from the outside.

Mental:

Wladimir Klitschko - Intelligent and always alert, but timid and often misses chance to finish opponents as a result. Predictable at times. Has heart to get off the canvas, but not to engage in a brawl.

David Haye - Aggressive and a great finisher. Wants to be involved in a brawl and has the heart to climb off the floor, but is perhaps reckless. Seems to be indisciplined.

Prediction: Haye by stoppage. Klitschko to be too timid and predictable. Eventually Haye will land something big which troubles Klitschko. This could easily change though if Klitschko lands big first or if he somehow finds a way to keep on the outside and jab his way to victory.

"Fire Fighters are like Ghostbusters, except they fight fire - not ghosts"
Petrocelli
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC-100 Card Announced / MMA
by Petrocelli » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Brerlappins little hat wrote:
Phatman wrote:I'm bored, so here is my boxing predictions. Happy to debate any point.

Big Fight Predictions

Carl Froch vs Jermain Taylor

Physical:

Carl Froch - Very good power in either hand, rock solid chin and excellent stamina. Not particularly quick however, in handspeed, reaction or footspeed.

Jermain Taylor - Very quick with his hands and his feet. Very long reach for a former middleweight. Questionable stamina and chin however.

Technical:

Carl Froch - Nice short power shots, particularly with the uppercut. Underrated jab (even by himself). Has an extremely poor defence however and stationary footwork.

Jermain Taylor - Piston jab and straight right combination. Decent defence and textbook footwork. Timid with power shots, although this is a mild criticism.

Mental:

Carl Froch - Very aggressive and a good finisher. Excellent timing for counter power shots. Big heart for a brawl, doesn't easily break and hasn't thus far. Intelligent enough to adapt mid-fight. Looking for the big shot a little too much however.

Jermain Taylor - Intelligent combination puncher, but seems to lack the heart for a brawl and a poor finisher. Prefers to box than to fight.

Prediction: Froch by stoppage. Taylor to outbox Froch early, but Froch to outlast Taylor and slowly hurt him until the fight is stopped. Probably late.

Ricky Hatton vs Manny Pacquiao

Physical:

Ricky Hatton - Strong physically with good power. Always well-conditioned and surprisingly quick with both handspeed and footwork. Chin seems to be suspect and his reach is extremely poor however. Cuts and bruises easily.

Manny Pacquiao - Lightning quick with both handspeed, footwork and reactions. Good power, but unlikely to be knockout-level at this weight. Well conditioned. Chin is debatable; knocked out twice years ago as a flyweight and seemingly untroubled since, but relatively unproven at higher weights considering that Diaz and De La Hoya barely hit him.

Technical:

Ricky Hatton - Excellent body puncher, extremely underrated jab and solid power shots. Footwork is good when attacking. Defence is questionable, although likely to be better than ever having been tweaked by Mayweather Sr. Ditto for head movement.

Manny Pacquiao - Arguably the best footwork in boxing. Lethal, accurate power shots. Much improved jab. Very reasonable defence. Not great off the backfoot.

Mental:

Ricky Hatton - Very aggressive, arguably to the point of recklessness. Has the heart for a brawl. Seems to be easily rattled however, which destroys tactics.

Manny Pacquiao - Intelligent fighting in a brawl or in a boxing fight. Well disciplined. Good timing and a decent combination puncher. Flustered on the backfoot.

Prediction: Pacquiao on points. Probably won't be close, with Pacquiao dominating from the outside. Hatton should be able to survive and take the fight to Pacquiao, but is unlikely to find a way to win.

Wladimir Klitschko vs David Haye:

Physical:

Wladimir Klitschko - Tall, lean and well conditioned. Good reach. Excellent power and reasonable speed for a heavyweight. Very questionable chin however and seems to cut easily.

David Haye - Well conditioned and extremely quick, in reaction, handspeed and footwork. Explosive power in either hand. Very questionable chin as well and questionable balance.

Technical:

Wladimir Klitschko - Great jab and straight right combination. Good defence and fairly textbook footwork. Well crafted power shots. Arguably too textbook in technique, meaning potentially predictable.

David Haye - Great power shots, excellent footwork and an underrated body-puncher. Defence barely exists however and seems relatively poor from the outside.

Mental:

Wladimir Klitschko - Intelligent and always alert, but timid and often misses chance to finish opponents as a result. Predictable at times. Has heart to get off the canvas, but not to engage in a brawl.

David Haye - Aggressive and a great finisher. Wants to be involved in a brawl and has the heart to climb off the floor, but is perhaps reckless. Seems to be indisciplined.

Prediction: Haye by stoppage. Klitschko to be too timid and predictable. Eventually Haye will land something big which troubles Klitschko. This could easily change though if Klitschko lands big first or if he somehow finds a way to keep on the outside and jab his way to victory.


Excellent post phatman :D
Id agree with most of it, id love to see hatton win but i just cant picture him beating pacman at all


Yup, great post Phatman.

Froch - Taylor: Has the potential to be a great fight. Taylor as you say is technically more accomplished but I've never felt he has the heart to be great in the sport. If Froch manages to turn it into a brawl early on he'll win within 5 IMO. If Taylor works the jab and stays on the outside he could win on points. I can't see Froch getting knocked down, as he's got a strawberry floating granite chin. Some of the shots he took in the Pascal fight would have felled an elephant.

Prediction - I see a cagey opening from both fighters, lots of jabs. It'll warm up near the middle rounds and I see a knockout by Froch round about the 7th, 8th round. Too much power, wants it more. This is his chance to be the new Calzaghe (at least in his eyes).

Hatton - Pacquiao: Really torn on this one. Pacquiao's stepping up in wieght and Ricky's always been best at light-welterweight. However, just look at the state of Oscar's face after the Pacquiao fight and you'll see that Manny took his power up with him. Even though Hatton's made huge improvements with Mayweather Sr, he's got a hell of a contest on his hands.

Prediction - I can see this going one of three ways: 1) Hatton's power is too much and he bullies Pacquiao on to the back foot, starts landing clean shots around the 3rd/4th round and wins by KO around the 6th. 2) Pacquiao's speed and accuracy are too much for Hatton and he takes a prolonged pummelling resulting in a landslide points loss or his corner throws in the towel in a late round. 3) (And I had a dream that this was how it would go) It's a close-fought contest with both fighters rocking the other throughout. However, Manny's handspeed and slashing shots to the face result in a nasty eye cut for Hatton and the ref stops it with Manny sneaking it on points.

Haye-Klitschko: First up, Haye's fighting the right brother. There's no way in hell Wlad can take more than a couple of Haye's straight rights and stay on his feet. It's one of the most brutal straight rights I've seen since Tommy Hearns. Not only is it heavy, it's fast. Wlad can jab and use his size advantage to push Haye backwards but I really think he's scared of Haye's power. However, Haye has a habit of running straight backwards when he defends and I can see him getting knocked down at some point. I don't think Wlad can knock him out, but he can knock him down and score a 10-8 round.

Prediction: Haye by KO, maybe as early as 4. I think Wlad will want to take this one the distance and stay on the outside but Haye's as quick as he is strong and Wlad can't avoid those right hands all night.

But, what I love about boxing is that it's all so unpredictable and the whole bout can turn on its head in a milisecond. That's why I'm putting a few quid on Hatton to win.

On a related note: Edwin Valero wants the winner of Hatton-Pacquiao. Now that is a strawberry floating fight. Anyone unfamiliar with Valero, all you need to know is this: 25 fights. 25 knock outs. 19 within the first round.

On an unrelated note: I was at an event for the THQ UFC game last week at Paul Taylor's gym where I met him and Bisping. Not really a UFC fan, but they both seemed like quality geezers.

User avatar
Phatman
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stockton-on-Tees
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC-100 Card Announced / MMA
by Phatman » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:47 pm

Petrocelli wrote:On a related note: Edwin Valero wants the winner of Hatton-Pacquiao. Now that is a strawberry floating fight. Anyone unfamiliar with Valero, all you need to know is this: 25 fights. 25 knock outs. 19 within the first round.


I'll surprised if he gets the winner. Huge risk, with little financial reward right now. The winner will probably get a fight with Mayweather. No doubt that Mayweather wants a huge money fight and ideally, I'm sure he wants Pacquiao. That said, if Hatton wins he has a legitimate excuse for giving a rematch. Hatton is the safer option and probably nets him more money.

Funnily enough I don't especially rate Valero yet. Now don't get me wrong, he is a good boxer and he will almost certainly knock out any pretenders with power like that, but I think his record thus far is a bit of a smoke & mirrors act. I'd like to see him in against a really skillful boxer to make a fair judgement, but it does look to me like he is asking to be countered at times. I have no idea what his chin is like.

Anyone here a fan of Kell Brook? I really feel he is easily Britain's best prospect. Brook has power in each hand, immense speed and a surprisingly patient ability to counter punch. Seems to be in the mould of Hamed, but with a better head on his shoulders.

"Fire Fighters are like Ghostbusters, except they fight fire - not ghosts"
User avatar
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Fight Club / Boxing / UFC-100 Card Announced / MMA
by Fuzzy Dunlop » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:00 pm

Phatman wrote:Anyone here a fan of Kell Brook? I really feel he is easily Britain's best prospect. Brook has power in each hand, immense speed and a surprisingly patient ability to counter punch. Seems to be in the mould of Hamed, but with a better head on his shoulders.


Never heard of him. But then I'm not into boxing that much. Any of his upcoming fights on TV? Did see an English (at least I think he was) boxer last Saturday goes by the name Tyson Fury. I'm sure you've heard of him Phat, you seem to have good knowledge of the sport. He looks quite promising.

The O'Donnell v Watson fight was a good one (on the same bill) too.

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chestnut Snowleaves, Garth of Christmas Future, Heskimo, satriales and 53 guests