GRcade Podcast - #24 - Nintendo's Wild Odyssey

Anything to do with games at all.

Should we use our forum names or our real names on the Podcast?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:35 pm

Real Names
10
48%
Forum Names
11
52%
 
Total votes: 21
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Karl » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:12 am

Super Dragon 64 wrote:I think that forum names would work better because it would help keep things consistent between the podcast, the forum and online gaming IDs like Steam names. This means that it would be easier for people to learn who is who, especially as they'd be referred to by their online names in pretty much every other way we interact.


I guess it depends who the content is primarily aimed at: I can see the argument that GRcadians would find it easier to contextualise GRcade names, but anyone on the outside might find it twee at best and silly at worst.

This isn't a big deal obviously so anything Cheeky Devlin decides is fine by me. I'll stop banging on about it now :slol:

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Errkal » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:09 am

We use Forum names on Streams and YouTube.
I would think forum names are better as they are sort of personalities from the forum which I think it good for the whole GR brand thing as I would think if people were to join GR from seeing or hearing our stuff and from that knowing names and things.

I'm listening to this now and it is good, the intro music nearly blew my ear drums but otherwise it is good so far :D

User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Hyperion » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:10 am

Just listened to it and it was very good, if a little long.
I would say stick to a couple of topics and spend time on them, try avoid going of on too many tangents or just spending a couple of minutes on a topic. Turn off notifications ;), and FOR GOD SAKE SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING IN THESE AWKWARD SILENCES!!!! :lol:
Nice to get a name drop twice :datass:
I'd be happy to take part in some as long as it's got a topic I can say something about. :toot:

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Rax » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:06 pm

Good stuff, really enjoyed the last series of podcasts so im looking forward to this, downloading now and will give it a listen on my way home.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by jawafour » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:19 pm

It's good to see that the Podcast is getting a positive reception; it seems that the mix of topics is popular and it has also been cool to see some constructive feedback to work on.

Well done to the guys who helped create this launch episode. I'd like to hear from then again in future podcasts, as well as looking forward to listening to other GRcadians who are willing to take part.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Ad7 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:49 pm

If you ever need someone to come on and discuss carpets or the state of things in general, you know where to find me.

Listened earlier, mostly good although it's about an hour too long. I'd say a 70-30 split towards gaming would be better as it's the main reason I think people would come back with the stuff making up in between topic chatter.

Could do with a sting to go in between segments to hide editing and promote the site. Maybe give out the web address periodically in case people don't make it through a whole episode.

Tone down the pc supremacy stuff too stay dead, not everyone wants a pc...

User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Green Gecko » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:11 pm

I like Pedz. His jolly loudness smothering the lifeless shell within puts things in perspective. It's moosic to my ears. But sure the more participation the better, I think that goes without saying. I'm happy to get involved! As long as I turn up! :shifty:

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Errkal » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:02 pm

Green Gecko wrote:I like Pedz. His jolly loudness smothering the lifeless shell within puts things in perspective. It's moosic to my ears. But sure the more participation the better, I think that goes without saying. I'm happy to get involved! As long as I turn up! :shifty:


Just be a random character that sort of appears without announcement every now and then :D

I'd be happy to join in if I'm needed / wanted. I'm not a massive gamer like but happy to help out and provide points of view based on no evidence.

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Cuttooth » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:37 pm

Hyperion wrote:I would say stick to a couple of topics and spend time on them, try avoid going of on too many tangents or just spending a couple of minutes on a topic. Turn off notifications ;), and FOR GOD SAKE SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING IN THESE AWKWARD SILENCES!!!! :lol:

I'd even say to not be afraid to do retakes on the fly. I wouldn't treat it as a 'live' radio show or stream unless that's what's intended.

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:40 am

Just a quick note to say that the podcast is now listed in iTunes. Just search GRcade and it should show up!

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by PsychicSykes » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:08 pm

I'd knock the politics stuff on the head but enjoyed the podcast overall. Looking forward to the next one.

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Pedz » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:08 pm

I listened to it all yesterday, good stuff. It was a little long, but I can see that being a regular thing with a 2 week gap, due to news and info that comes out, especially with the stuff included.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Photek » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Looking forward to different forum members taking part, wasn't biggest fan of the latest one, for obvious reasons.

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Karl » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Pedz wrote:I listened to it all yesterday, good stuff. It was a little long, but I can see that being a regular thing with a 2 week gap, due to news and info that comes out, especially with the stuff included.


What's the barrier to doing this weekly -- is it that Devlin feels he would burn out?

Cheeky Devlin wrote:.

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Pedz » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:26 pm

Probably time, I would guess with doing ARcade Attacks, this and work it's a lot for him to do, so it's understandable really. Though I can't answer for him, it's just a guess.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:54 pm

Karl wrote:
Pedz wrote:I listened to it all yesterday, good stuff. It was a little long, but I can see that being a regular thing with a 2 week gap, due to news and info that comes out, especially with the stuff included.


What's the barrier to doing this weekly -- is it that Devlin feels he would burn out?

Cheeky Devlin wrote:.

Pretty much. It takes up a decent chunk of my Saturday to edit it all together. Plus with ARcade Attacks back in two weeks that takes time as well. I'm only one man after all. :D

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by jawafour » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Photek wrote:...wasn't biggest fan of the latest one, for obvious reasons.

... :o ...obvious reasons, Phote?

Cheeky Devlin wrote:...It takes up a decent chunk of my Saturday to edit it all together. Plus with ARcade Attacks back in two weeks that takes time as well...

Yeah, looking back over just how much video content you've produced for GR during this year, I'd be a little cautious about over-extending yourself, Dev. It's great fun for us to watch / listen, but I'd hate to see the work involved become onerous and for it to diminish your enthusiasm. Take a breather now and again, dude.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Ad7 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:04 pm

Plus it gives staydead a week to do some more of the serial killing his voice hints at.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Photek » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:08 pm

jawafour wrote:
Photek wrote:...wasn't biggest fan of the latest one, for obvious reasons.

... :o ...obvious reasons, Phote?

Apparently "I don't know why anyone would buy an Xbox One" was allowed to stand, not debated or having someone be devils advocate, just agreed with. As I said hopefully some new forumites will freshen up the clique. :)

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by jawafour » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:15 pm

Photek wrote:Apparently "I don't know why anyone would buy an Xbox One" was allowed to stand, not debated or having someone be devils advocate, just agreed with. As I said hopefully some new forumites will freshen up the clique. :)

I think that there will always be comments in a podcast that don't necessarily match the listener's view... the show is a collection of, often unprepared, thoughts and ideas. I thought the Xbox comment was a little harsh but it was off-the-cuff - just as posts in the forum usually are. Maybe it'd be cool to see someone like yourself or, say, Monkey Man join a future recording? That'd be pretty neat.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frank, Google [Bot], KjGarly, Monkey Man, Poser, PuppetBoy, That's not a growth, Trelliz and 62 guests