GRcade Podcast - #24 - Nintendo's Wild Odyssey

Anything to do with games at all.

Should we use our forum names or our real names on the Podcast?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:35 pm

Real Names
10
48%
Forum Names
11
52%
 
Total votes: 21
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Ad7 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:15 am

suzzopher wrote:Why is this 2.0? This is at least the sixth podcast this forum has tried to launch....I'll not get involved so hopefully this one lasts :shifty:


Do some more retrocollect ones, it's been over a year!

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Ad7 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:15 am

suzzopher wrote:Why is this 2.0? This is at least the sixth podcast this forum has tried to launch....I'll not get involved so hopefully this one lasts :shifty:


Do some more retrocollect ones, it's been over a year!

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:19 am

suzzopher wrote:Why is this 2.0? This is at least the sixth podcast this forum has tried to launch....I'll not get involved so hopefully this one lasts :shifty:

I was only aware of 3 other ones. There's three on iTunes and only one was called the GRcade Podcast, hence the 2.0.

But I might drop that though. We'll see. Things are still very much open for tweaking.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Errkal » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:22 am

Cheeky Devlin wrote:
suzzopher wrote:Why is this 2.0? This is at least the sixth podcast this forum has tried to launch....I'll not get involved so hopefully this one lasts :shifty:

I was only aware of 3 other ones. There's three on iTunes and only one was called the GRcade Podcast, hence the 2.0.

But I might drop that though. We'll see. Things are still very much open for tweaking.


Steal the name GR Now :D

I quite like the idea of having an brand name thing for our news / blog / magazine style whatever output.

Might be worth having a section of "On the Forum this week" where the biggest moving threads from that week are discussed, and maybe a nod to something that didn't get the traction it could have as a way to say to people "hey heres stuff being discussed, join in"

User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by suzzopher » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:32 am

Ad7 wrote:
suzzopher wrote:Why is this 2.0? This is at least the sixth podcast this forum has tried to launch....I'll not get involved so hopefully this one lasts :shifty:


Do some more retrocollect ones, it's been over a year!


That one has died due to the cast not agreeing on lots of things, there are three unreleased episodes on my PC, I should probably upload them somewhere.

I am on another show these days and currently working out a Patreon to start a Game Boy centric podcast/blog thing.

User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Pedz » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:34 am

Errkal wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:
suzzopher wrote:Why is this 2.0? This is at least the sixth podcast this forum has tried to launch....I'll not get involved so hopefully this one lasts :shifty:

I was only aware of 3 other ones. There's three on iTunes and only one was called the GRcade Podcast, hence the 2.0.

But I might drop that though. We'll see. Things are still very much open for tweaking.


Steal the name GR Now :D

I quite like the idea of having an brand name thing for our news / blog / magazine style whatever output.

Might be worth having a section of "On the Forum this week" where the biggest moving threads from that week are discussed, and maybe a nod to something that didn't get the traction it could have as a way to say to people "hey heres stuff being discussed, join in"


GRcast.

ImageImageImageImage.
Image
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Karl » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:35 am

Yo Suzz, you should let the site staff know when you're doing these things so that we can pop you in the affiliates bar down the bottom. :)

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Ad7 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:41 am

suzzopher wrote:
Ad7 wrote:
suzzopher wrote:Why is this 2.0? This is at least the sixth podcast this forum has tried to launch....I'll not get involved so hopefully this one lasts :shifty:


Do some more retrocollect ones, it's been over a year!


That one has died due to the cast not agreeing on lots of things, there are three unreleased episodes on my PC, I should probably upload them somewhere.

I am on another show these days and currently working out a Patreon to start a Game Boy centric podcast/blog thing.


As long as it's not 3 more atari jaguar centric ones then I want to hear them.

User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Hyperion » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Ad7 wrote:
suzzopher wrote:
Ad7 wrote:
suzzopher wrote:Why is this 2.0? This is at least the sixth podcast this forum has tried to launch....I'll not get involved so hopefully this one lasts :shifty:


Do some more retrocollect ones, it's been over a year!


That one has died due to the cast not agreeing on lots of things, there are three unreleased episodes on my PC, I should probably upload them somewhere.

I am on another show these days and currently working out a Patreon to start a Game Boy centric podcast/blog thing.


As long as it's not 3 more atari jaguar centric ones then I want to hear them.


True :toot:

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Green Gecko » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:57 pm

This is hardly Fox News "fair and balanced" Photek. Let it rest if you just want fan media to agree with you.

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Captain Kinopio » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:11 pm

Nobody was even criticising the XBox

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Ad7 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:46 pm

I hope everyone who listened is saving up for a PC on staydead's advice, after all:

*serial killer voice* "they're only about 800 pounds"

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Karl » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:33 am

Ad7's discovered a new joke? Better buckle up for a few thousand serial killer themed shitposts. I can't wait for him to combine it with a NeoGAF meme. Oh! I know! How about "the state of that voice"?



;)

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Ad7 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:43 am

Logo should link to the thread.

User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Karl » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:48 am

:lol:

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Ad7 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:32 pm

I'm serious :datass:

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:56 am

The poll has ended with Forum names narrowly winning out with 52% of the vote. Are the forum name voters happy with their vote? Did they not realise what they were voting for? Will society now crumble as we finally realise just what we've done?

Of course not. Forum names it is. Though we'll play it by ear going forward.

For the free slot on Friday I currently only have Cuttooth putting his name forward. Anyone else wishing to take part please say so in the thread as I'll be finalising the line-up tonight.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Super Dragon 64 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:44 am

I thought that Pedz and I were also taking part. Perhaps it's time for a vote of no confidence in this party podcast leader ;)

Edit: the poll is actually split 52 to 48 :lol:

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:18 am

Super Dragon 64 wrote:I thought that Pedz and I were also taking part. Perhaps it's time for a vote of no confidence in this party podcast leader ;)

Edit: the poll is actually split 52 to 48 :lol:


For the free slot on Friday...

You have based your assumption on falsehoods and untruths.

Super Eagle 64

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Podcast 2.0 - It Lives!
by Super Dragon 64 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:51 pm

:oops:

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hime, Photek, Rightey, Saint of Killers and 53 guests