GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 17/18 Starts Page 11 New code in OP

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:11 pm

It's unlikely I can pick a time that will work for everybody.

It's completely impossible for me to do so when everyone tells me when they can't do it, but never gives me any timeslots they can. :lol:

Sykes, DML - if you want to do one tonight, for example - fair play, get a league setup, I'll join in for sure! (You can join a max of 3 leagues for free.)

User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by PsychicSykes » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:07 pm

Apologies, I would be able to do a live draft any time past 8pm this week. If that's suitable for everyone else, awesome, if not please continue without me. If we do get the chance to draft live, I suggest maybe doing it after all the games have played this first gameweek, allowing everyone to start fairly, rather than giving some people an extra game with the Monday night one this week.

User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:34 pm

I don't think it'll count this week if we start mid-gameweek.

Like I said, multiple leagues are allowed, so if someone wants to start up a post-8pm one for one night this week then I'll join that too :-)

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by DML » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:21 am

I just think its about a million times less fun if I'm not drafting the players live against others also drafting them live. I'll do it any evening bar Thursday, but later the better for me. I cant do it during work hours.

Image
User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:28 am

Well, if one of you (Psykes/DML) sets it up - then there's three of us for sure already, plus anyone else who wants to do it live on a weekday night after 8pm. Then we've got one league for a late night draft and one league for a working day draft and everyone's happy.

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by DML » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:49 am

Fries. Wedges. Crisps? wrote:Well, if one of you (Psykes/DML) sets it up - then there's three of us for sure already, plus anyone else who wants to do it live on a weekday night after 8pm. Then we've got one league for a late night draft and one league for a working day draft and everyone's happy.


You keep referring to the day crew, but I dont see anyone who has posted who couldnt do it in the evening? Why split the league when we could just find a time when six or seven or us could all do it together? It'd be a lot more fun with more people.

Image
User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:44 am

"You keep referring to the day crew, but I dont see anyone who has posted who couldnt do it in the evening?" - That's because it's the weekend, DML, so they're not around!
I can make the same argument to you. You suggest that there are 'six or seven' people who could do an evening draft - who are these people?

Can we not keep going around in circles here? If you want the night draft to happen - make it so!

User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:20 am

D'you know what, DML, as I'm nice - I've done it for you. :-)
But - there's a condition!

You can join the Official Retro Mondays league here.

Or use the league ID: KXdwT5zpYoEkfNphr
The password is retroretro

It'll kick off Monday night at 7:30pm.
And hey, while you're online, glued to your computer screen playing the draft, why not watch Pedz tackle another classic game in the latest live stream of Retro Mondays?

I fully expect viewing numbers to be up by at least six or seven. :P

Now we have a league for people who want to draft during working hours tomorrow, and people who want to draft in the evening tomorrow. Sorted!
And, hey, if you want to join both, and stick it on auto-pick - there's nowt stopping you! ;-)

See you boys for a full day of drafting tomorrow! :mrgreen: :toot:

User avatar
GrinWithoutaKat
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by GrinWithoutaKat » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:17 pm

Doing a draft with these guys in work again, but instead of just having ordered picks, we bid on players. Get 50m to buy 11 players, and there's 10 of us playing. Go to a pub a week or two before the season starts and spend 4-5 hours doing it, it's brilliant. There are transfers every thursday, where you can go for unattached players in a blind bid system.

Image
User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Brighton

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by PatSharpsMullet » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:48 pm

I've joined both leagues. Not sure if I will be able to draft live tomorrow morning, but the evening one should be fine.

Image
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by DML » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:20 pm

Fries. Wedges. Crisps? wrote:D'you know what, DML, as I'm nice - I've done it for you. :-)
But - there's a condition!

You can join the Official Retro Mondays league here.

Or use the league ID: KXdwT5zpYoEkfNphr
The password is retroretro

It'll kick off Monday night at 7:30pm.
And hey, while you're online, glued to your computer screen playing the draft, why not watch Pedz tackle another classic game in the latest live stream of Retro Mondays?

I fully expect viewing numbers to be up by at least six or seven. :P

Now we have a league for people who want to draft during working hours tomorrow, and people who want to draft in the evening tomorrow. Sorted!
And, hey, if you want to join both, and stick it on auto-pick - there's nowt stopping you! ;-)

See you boys for a full day of drafting tomorrow! :mrgreen: :toot:


Im finding this quite annoying and a little passive aggressive at this point when honestly I'm just pointing out the obvious. :?

I just think...


:arrow: Why pick 10.30am? Its an incredibly weird time of day. I don't think anyone has ever arranged a group activity for that time.
:arrow: If you'd just be less stubborn on the weird time which no-one but yourself is insisting on, we could all be in one league, all draft live and it'd be loads more fun. I also said I didn't want to split the players, so I'm not sure why you're suggesting this a solution specifically for me.
:arrow: Your time is so early in the morning its unlikely to that the work crew will have enough time to react to it thus making that reasoning probably pointless.
:arrow: I'm not being forced to watch a stream I don't want to watch just because you say so.
:arrow: As it so happens, 7.30pm is smack bang in the middle of when I commute, so I couldnt play at that time. Thats more my fault (at least its a normal time), but why just insist on a time when we could all...oh I don't know...communicate and agree a time that suits everyone?
:arrow: Auto-listing is obviously no fun. Stop insisting like thats an option.

If anyone thinks I'm being bang out of order tell me, but I don't see why its unreasonable to agree a time with everyone to make this really fun. :?

Image
User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:37 pm

DML wrote:Why pick 10.30am? Its an incredibly weird time of day. I don't think anyone has ever arranged a group activity for that time.


Because if the league gets full the draft will finish in the late afternoon. If I started it later people would do half the draft and then end up going home. It's designed for people who are generally available to be online between nine and five (i.e. the majority). I did the maths and if the league fills up it will take x hours meaning a later start would mean a finish at commute times.

DML wrote:If you'd just be less stubborn on the weird time which no-one but yourself is insisting on, we could all be in one league, all draft live and it'd be loads more fun. I also said I didn't want to split the players, so I'm not sure why you're suggesting this a solution specifically for me.


I have been actively encouraging you to set up a night league - I even said I'd join in! - but instead of this you instantly complained because I picked a time you couldn't do and since then you've been negative about this whole thing.
No-one else has given me an exact time so I can't set it up based on information I don't have, I just set up a league I thought people could do. Four have signed up already so I can't be totally out of touch.
You didn't make a league for the evening players that you keep referring to, so I did. If you're still annoyed at this fair enough but IDK why.

DML wrote:why just insist on a time when we could all...oh I don't know...communicate and agree a time that suits everyone?

I don't see why its unreasonable to agree a time with everyone


I'd love it if that had happened, but it hasn't. So I'm doing something. Because if I didn't then no-one else would and nothing would have happened. I just want to play this draft league.

DML wrote:I'm finding this quite annoying and a little passive aggressive at this point


I'm sorry if you feel that way - however consider how the tone of the following is likely to make the intended recipient feel

DML wrote:Your time is so early in the morning its unlikely to that the work crew will have enough time to react to it thus making that reasoning probably pointless.

I'm not being forced to watch a stream I don't want to watch just because you say so.

Auto-listing is obviously no fun. Stop insisting like thats an option.


DML wrote:If anyone thinks I'm being bang out of order tell me


I think you're being a bit out of order, yes.
I'm sorry if you found my tone 'passive aggressive' but I thought it would be more productive to try and be tongue-in-cheek with my replies, and maybe try and drum up some traffic for Pedz' stream, than to reply with "DML stop bitching", which would be pretty shitty of me.

I wanted to do the draft league. I set up a draft league. You didn't like the time so I suggested you set up a night draft league and I'd join in with that too. You complained at that so I went ahead and set up a night league and have invited lots of people. You've complained about that too and at me.

This has sucked a fair bit of the fun out of the whole thing for me now, DML. Which is a shame.

Play if you want, or don't if you don't want to or can't.

But obviously expecting me to survey every single other potentially interested person and asking them what times work best for them personally, then studying the data and identifying an optimum time to play, is clearly not going to work, because: One, the season has begun; Two, people generally don't volunteer that info - plenty of people have said "I can't do that time" but no-one bar yourself has really told me when they could do a time.

I just want to play this game. I have said all along I will happily tailor it to the majority. I'll even move the night draft if the majority want me to (see below)

EDITED to be less irritable and to include the fact that I am open to editing the time of the night draft :)

Last edited by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? on Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:47 pm

So that this thread doesn't just end up as a Dan vs DML argument, and so that I can actually post something constructive:

- if the players who all want to do the draft Monday night can all agree on a more preferable start time than 7:30pm, please do so and I will change it.

User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Brighton

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by PatSharpsMullet » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:03 pm

I'd be happy with any time in between 8:30pm and 9pm if it's a more suitable for DML. Any later than that, the draft could go on into the early hours of the morning depending on how many teams enter.

Image
User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:48 pm

PatSharpsMullet wrote:I'd be happy with any time in between 8:30pm and 9pm if it's a more suitable for DML. Any later than that, the draft could go on into the early hours of the morning depending on how many teams enter.

Thanks for letting us know. I know Psykes said he could do a later time:
PsychicSykes wrote:Apologies, I would be able to do a live draft any time past 8pm this week. If that's suitable for everyone else, awesome, if not please continue without me. If we do get the chance to draft live, I suggest maybe doing it after all the games have played this first gameweek, allowing everyone to start fairly, rather than giving some people an extra game with the Monday night one this week.

(quoting so it notifies him)

Again, happy to go with the majority so if the three of you all agree on a better time I'll shift the league start time in settings

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by DML » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:09 pm

I don't know what to say! All I said was where are all the people who want to draft in the morning and ever since then you've been setting up new leagues, telling me to watch streams, telling me to auto-draft and not actually answering that question, and just accusing me of moaning. All I was trying to pint out was about five people in the thread said they wanted to play, and two of us couldn't play the way you had set it up. You've instead taken it as me maoning and as some personal insult, and its not meant as either.

I could set have set up another league, but I want us all to do the same one! As I said!

Plus, me and Sykes clearly wanted to choose another time and rather than negotiate a time, youve just put us in another league. You have to see why I think theres a lack of communication. Lets all agree what time is best for everyone! Why are we even rushing into it? Lets all choose a time together and make it awesome.

All the 'watch a stream and I'll forgive you' bollocks just makes me pissed off TBH. I find that really rude.

Also, drafting these leagues doesnt take hours. One with a 60 second clock with six players and youre looking at an hour and a half at most.

Overall I just cant get over what a bizarre choice of time 10.30am was. How you can come to the conclusion thats the best time I have no idea. Its probably not that hard to get the five or six of us onboard to work out a decent time. If you take that as moaning, there is absolutely nothing I can do about your perception, but honestly to me this is just me trying to talk some common sense into you. You havent actually asked anyone anything.

Do it later in the evening and I can play, y'know the sort of time GRCade tend to do things like this.

Image
User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:42 pm

DML wrote:All the 'watch a stream and I'll forgive you' bollocks just makes me pissed off TBH. I find that really rude.

OK I shall be direct in my dealings with you from now on.

DML wrote:Do it later in the evening and I can play, y'know the sort of time GRCade tend to do things like this.

Could you give a specific time, please. Then I can change the night league KO time.

DML wrote:I don't know what to say! All I said was where are all the people who want to draft in the morning

Well five people have joined the day league so far, three of whom have also signed up to the evening league. But no-one as of yet has only joined the night one, suggesting the daytime works best. Whereas...

DML wrote:I could set have set up another league, but I want us all to do the same one! As I said! Plus, me and Sykes clearly wanted to choose another time and rather than negotiate a time, youve just put us in another league.


But the alternative would be putting the daytime players in a separate league - or them not playing at all. Which is shitty for them.
Yes it would be nice if everyone was in the same league but if everyone wants to draft live that is not going to happen, clearly.
So I'm just trying to get a game played, that I want to try out, and do what is best for the most interested people.
Judging by the numbers that appears to be how this is playing out, which is good.

DML wrote:Overall I just cant get over what a bizarre choice of time 10.30am was. How you can come to the conclusion thats the best time I have no idea. Its probably not that hard to get the five or six of us onboard to work out a decent time.

Five people are signed up to play the draft tomorrow daytime so I'm not going to argue it's the "best" time but it's clearly not terrible or unworkable or - to use your own phrasing - "bizarre".

DML wrote:you've been setting up new leagues

So you could play

DML wrote:telling me to watch streams

At no point did I do this.

DML wrote:telling me to auto-draft

At no point did I do this.

DML wrote:All I was trying to pint out was about five people in the thread said they wanted to play

Yes, and now five people are signed up to the league draft kicking off tomorrow AM

DML wrote:and two of us couldn't play the way you had set it up

And I've said tell me what time do you want me to switch the night league draft to and you've still not answered.

Like I said, a few people have signed up to do both anyway, so if you both join the night league and I set it to a time that works for the two of you, it may end up being a larger league anyway. If that ends up being the case, I can't imagine you'd have an issue that some people who can only draft live during the daytime have their own league so that they can do just that.

Can you let me know what time would work best for you so that I can change it.
Let's not derail the thread any further.

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by DML » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:56 pm

I can't do this anymore. I can do something like 9pm to 12pm but having every post analysed to death when I was only trying to make a very simple point makes me not want to play. I've never been involved in such a bizarre sign up thread in my life. :?

Image
User avatar
Hank Scorpio
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17. It's getting draughty in here.
by Hank Scorpio » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:10 pm

That thread title has just made me chuckle. I'm slightly regretting triple captaining Aguero yesterday as well.

20 times, 20 times, Man United...
User avatar
Fries. Wedges. Crisps?
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: GRcade Premier League Fantasy Football 16/17 New code in OP
by Fries. Wedges. Crisps? » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:47 pm

DML wrote:I can't do this anymore. I can do something like 9pm to 12pm but having every post analysed to death when I was only trying to make a very simple point makes me not want to play. I've never been involved in such a bizarre sign up thread in my life. :?

As you, PSM and Psykes have all said similar times I'll change the night league to 9pm. The rest of the stuff you have PM'd me about so I shall just reply to that.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mic, Snowcannon, Yahoo [Bot] and 48 guests