GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - AWARD AND AIR FRESHENER WINNING EVENT!

Our best bits.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:24 pm

Delusibeta wrote:Tested the mobile donation system, it appears to work.

And we're off! :D

Some man Delusi, some man! 8-)

EDIT: That initial donation has placed us 5th overall so far. Our very own NBK is top of the list. :D

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Somebody Else's Problem » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:06 pm

I think I might do product placement for the "Larger As In The Drink Larger" glass during my stream, too.

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:28 pm

Someone has just made a donation of £20! :D
No idea who, so thank you very much!

We're off to a flying start! I'd not expected to get any donations until much closer to the time, so to have £23 pounds after a day is just excellent.

We're gonna absolutely tank this guys. 8-)

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Somebody Else's Problem » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:03 am

Turns out GTA1 really doesn't work well with modern Windows. Might have to drop that one.

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Cheeky Devlin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:18 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:Turns out GTA1 really doesn't work well with modern Windows. Might have to drop that one.

Not tried it myself but this might help: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3246/t1782271-how-to-correctly-run-gta-1-on-windows-7/
EDIT: And this: http://gtamp.com/gta1/

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Somebody Else's Problem » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:21 am

Cheeky Devlin wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:Turns out GTA1 really doesn't work well with modern Windows. Might have to drop that one.

Not tried it myself but this might help: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/3246/t1782271-how-to-correctly-run-gta-1-on-windows-7/


That's sorted it, thanks!

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Photek » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:56 pm

Interesting in doing this, can we play any game at all? could we try and play in some games online together?

Image
Grcades resident banana split.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Cheeky Devlin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Photek wrote:Interesting in doing this, can we play any game at all? could we try and play in some games online together?

Anything you feel like. If you were so inclined you could play Solitaire or Minesweeper for 24 hours. :dread:

But getting some things going online would be possible. If people want to do that then we can do that. Hopefully we'll have enough people to accommodate a variety of different things as well. If Staydead was taking part though we'd end up playing TTT for 24 hours straight. :lol:

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Pedz
Member
Joined in 2009

Post
by Pedz » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:52 pm

So, this is basically playing games for 24hours while streaming via twitch?

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe:
by Cheeky Devlin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Pedz wrote:So, this is basically playing games for 24hours while streaming via twitch?

You don't even have to stream it. Some of us will though, because its fun and means people can see how you're doing at 3am when they come in from the pub. :lol:

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Re:
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:36 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:
Pedz wrote:So, this is basically playing games for 24hours while streaming via twitch?

You don't even have to stream it. Some of us will though, because its fun and means people can see how you're doing at 3am when they come in from the pub. :lol:


I will be playing in a pub, to ensure maximum drunkenness visibility.

Image Image
User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by NBK » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:10 pm

I don't log on for a few days and then :o

Awesome to see so many folk interested already, some brilliant ideas!
Cheeky Devlin wrote:
Minty14 wrote:I'm in.

Is the JustGiving Page a team? I feel a bit odd about asking people to donate to a GRcade page and would be much happier setting my own and linking it to the rest. :oops:

Yeah the Just Giving account is a team. One of our goals with this was to help raise the profile of GRcade as well as a load of money, as such we're working as one big GRcade team, with a shared total.

If you would feel better doing it individually though then that's entirely up to yourself. You'd need to set up a JG page then link it to the SKSP6 page (Link in the OP and on our JG page). I think NBK already had his set up and going before we launched this (He's Neil Gow on the SKSP6 team list) so you wouldn't be the only person.

Yep, that's me :)

I'm going with a 'Family Friendly' theme as I'll be getting my kids involved, anything rated above PEGI 7 is off limits. Which means no Bloodborne, Dragon Age or Destiny (this occurred to me after I'd set it up :fp: ). I'll probably set up a swear jar too and donate the proceeds from that.

Pedz wrote:So, this is basically playing games for 24hours while streaming via twitch?

"Basically", yes. But don't under estimate how hard it can be! I started at about 9pm on the Friday the past couple of times I've done it and found it to weigh out like this:

+ You get to go to bed at a normal time after you've finished.
+ You have Sunday to recover.

- You (potentially) have to work a full day beforehand.

As Cheeky Devlin says, you don't need to stream it if you don't want to. Twitter is a really good way of keeping folk updated with how you're getting on and can end up being a highlight of the weekend.
Cheeky Devlin wrote:We're gonna absolutely tank this guys. 8-)

Image

Image
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Karl » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:47 pm

We should add NBK's £250 target to our own in the OP (and link to his JustGiving as well) - it brings us up to £1000. Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to keep track of a combined total. The higher our pledge the more people will take notice and donate. :D

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Corazon de Leon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:51 am

NBK wrote:I don't log on for a few days and then :o

Awesome to see so many folk interested already, some brilliant ideas!
Cheeky Devlin wrote:
Minty14 wrote:I'm in.

Is the JustGiving Page a team? I feel a bit odd about asking people to donate to a GRcade page and would be much happier setting my own and linking it to the rest. :oops:

Yeah the Just Giving account is a team. One of our goals with this was to help raise the profile of GRcade as well as a load of money, as such we're working as one big GRcade team, with a shared total.

If you would feel better doing it individually though then that's entirely up to yourself. You'd need to set up a JG page then link it to the SKSP6 page (Link in the OP and on our JG page). I think NBK already had his set up and going before we launched this (He's Neil Gow on the SKSP6 team list) so you wouldn't be the only person.

Yep, that's me :)

I'm going with a 'Family Friendly' theme as I'll be getting my kids involved, anything rated above PEGI 7 is off limits. Which means no Bloodborne, Dragon Age or Destiny (this occurred to me after I'd set it up :fp: ). I'll probably set up a swear jar too and donate the proceeds from that.

Pedz wrote:So, this is basically playing games for 24hours while streaming via twitch?

"Basically", yes. But don't under estimate how hard it can be! I started at about 9pm on the Friday the past couple of times I've done it and found it to weigh out like this:

+ You get to go to bed at a normal time after you've finished.
+ You have Sunday to recover.

- You (potentially) have to work a full day beforehand.

As Cheeky Devlin says, you don't need to stream it if you don't want to. Twitter is a really good way of keeping folk updated with how you're getting on and can end up being a highlight of the weekend.
Cheeky Devlin wrote:We're gonna absolutely tank this guys. 8-)

Image


Swear jar is a fantastic idea NBK - Resident Evil frustrates the undead hell out of me sometimes, so I'll follow suit with that. Will need to keep it to about 10p though, to make sure I don't end up having to sell my car to meet the donation total or something. :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Ironhide » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:58 pm

I won't be taking part but will be making a donation.

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Cheeky Devlin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:14 pm

Ironhide wrote:I won't be taking part but will be making a donation.

Ironhide - Utter Legend 8-)

Cheers man! That donation put us on top of the list for amount raised so far! :toot:

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Somebody Else's Problem » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:05 pm

How does one go about streaming? I want to get set up and make sure everything is working in plenty of time, and get some practice in.

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:21 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:How does one go about streaming? I want to get set up and make sure everything is working in plenty of time, and get some practice in.


Assuming you're talking about streaming from a PC to a site such as Twitch here's a quick guide to setting up OBS.

Here's some more in depth stuff about OBS settings, with respect to Twitch.

This will help you choose the best bitrate settings for your connection speed.

I'd spend plenty of time doing test streams and getting the hang of what you can do with OBS. It's free and quite versatile. There's loads of ways to tweak the stream.

Test each game you want to stream individually. Different games can "hook" into streaming software with greater degrees of success than others so make sure you know how to get each game working properly.

If you're going to be playing multiple games over the course of your stream, test out the transition from game to game. If you have a second monitor you can set it as a "projector" which shows exactly what image you're sending out.

Learn how to load images, text elements and so on into your stream. Plugins can be extremely useful for adding in dynamic elements such as timers, chat logs etc.

If possible have another PC, or tablet next to you, that you can view the stream on. That way you see what your viewers will see along with any problems you might not be aware of on your end.

Finally, do a dry run before hand with everything in place. Make sure you can transition between games, all your elements work properly and that it streams to the site ok.

If it's console games you want to stream then you have two options.
1. On PS4/XBOne you can use the built in streaming capabilities, but you lose the higher resolutions and all the customisation options.
2. Get a capture device that takes the signal from the console and feeds it to the PC, where you can run it through OBS, complete with all the same abilities as PC games. The Elgato HD60 is pretty good from what I hear.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:39 am

On a related note...
Karl wrote:[*] IMO we should have a single Twitch stream that periodically cuts between all the different members doing this throughout the days it is happening, potentially with a cheerful chap "hosting" and commentating too. (We can just rotate who is host so it isn't a burden on anyone.)

It shouldn't be particularly difficult to do this, you just need to put one person in charge of a Twitch channel in "Host mode" and they can restream any of the members' channels they like. From there it just takes a little bit of showsmanship and keeping an eye on all the streams to make sure we're showing the most exciting one at any given time, but of course giving all of them a fair showing too. I know this sounds ambitious but IMO we could have a good chance of picking up some randomers from Twitch/Reddit and they may well donate if we make our text-to-donate link available.


There is a way we can do something like that. I'd been thinking about how you could do it, other than just rehosting the stream as you'd be just as well linking to the persons actual stream. Especially if you want to do commentary over it.

So I messed around a bit and tried this.
http://www.twitch.tv/cheekydevlin/c/6573974
Basically I found two random hitbox streams and captured them, before arranging them on OBS. You could do up to say four at a time, choosing to focus on a specific one that you want. It also allows you to then overlay your own images, text and other elements. Not to mention sound.

So say we have four streams being shown. A,B,C,D. We decide that A,B and D aren't doing anything cool at the moment, but C is (Boss fight or something). We could expand that stream to fill the screen. Additionally, if we use mumble, we could conduct a chat with that streamer on the air. Ask them how they're doing, what's going on in the game etc. That would then all get sent out as one co-ordinated package.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Takes On Sick Kids Save Point 2015 - Sign Ups Now!
by Karl » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:56 am

That's great, it sounds like you have brilliant plans pal. I'm looking forward to it!


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests