GRcade Travel Topic

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Corazon de Leon » Fri May 12, 2017 11:04 pm

Legit? Bastards!

EDIT: Aaah, no. Surely not. :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Tomous » Mon May 15, 2017 12:21 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:When is it cheapest to book flights? Is there a specific day of the week and time that you search for flights?
Recently I noticed that Thursdays I have found cheap flights. I am going to Hong Kong in July and yesterday saw flights for £455 on Lufthansa but today they have gone up to £605. Absolutely gutted I didn't book...not sure if to book tonight or wait until next Thursday hmmm



Download Hopper. It forecasts price movements on airline tickets and tells you whether it's a good time to buy or whether to wait. You can also get it to save a rote you're interested in and it'll notify you of price drops.

User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Mon May 15, 2017 4:01 pm

Tomous wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:When is it cheapest to book flights? Is there a specific day of the week and time that you search for flights?
Recently I noticed that Thursdays I have found cheap flights. I am going to Hong Kong in July and yesterday saw flights for £455 on Lufthansa but today they have gone up to £605. Absolutely gutted I didn't book...not sure if to book tonight or wait until next Thursday hmmm



Download Hopper. It forecasts price movements on airline tickets and tells you whether it's a good time to buy or whether to wait. You can also get it to save a rote you're interested in and it'll notify you of price drops.

Thanks Tomous. I actually downloaded it already after googling for flight apps
It's a great little app. Fingers crossed tomorrow the prices will drop. It is thought that airlines return to work after the weekend and start discounting seats depending on weekend sales. So Tuesday should be the day :)

User avatar
OnlyShallow
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cigarette City

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by OnlyShallow » Thu May 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Booked the ferry and accommodation in Croatia for my trip in August. Just need to fill in all the bits around it now.

Plans so far.
Night 1 travel hotel in Calais
Night 2 Colmar/Alsace region
Drive to the Italian lakes via Switzerland
Venice
Night 5 or 6 Rovinj
5 nights in Rovinj
Vague ideas about Slovenia or Krk
Lake Garda
Lichtenstein?
Something something
In Bruges
Traffic jam outside Dover

Image
Many Lives -> 49 MP wrote:People like you OnlyShallow are terrible banana splits. I hate you forever.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Moggy » Thu May 25, 2017 3:52 pm

OnlyShallow wrote:In Bruges


It's like a strawberry floating fairytale.

User avatar
OnlyShallow
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cigarette City

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by OnlyShallow » Thu May 25, 2017 4:10 pm

If it's anything like my experience of driving in Ghent then maybe that's what hell is, the entire rest of eternity spent in (trying to get out of) strawberry floating Bruges.

Image
Many Lives -> 49 MP wrote:People like you OnlyShallow are terrible banana splits. I hate you forever.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Moggy » Thu May 25, 2017 4:22 pm

OnlyShallow wrote:If it's anything like my experience of driving in Ghent then maybe that's what hell is, the entire rest of eternity spent in (trying to get out of) strawberry floating Bruges.


How's a fairytale town not somebody's strawberry floating thing? How can all those canals and bridges and cobbled streets and those churches, all that beautiful strawberry floating fairytale stuff, how can that not be somebody's strawberry floating thing, eh?

User avatar
OnlyShallow
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cigarette City

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by OnlyShallow » Thu May 25, 2017 4:48 pm

You know, there's that big dual carriage way when you get off the train.

Image
Many Lives -> 49 MP wrote:People like you OnlyShallow are terrible banana splits. I hate you forever.
User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by SandyCoin » Thu May 25, 2017 10:45 pm

Off to Krakow tomorrow. Looking forward to it actually as I've not been away (bar moving to Hamburg) since September I believe.
Then a month later heading off to Canada for a couple of weeks. It's been about 5 yrs since my last long haul flight :fp:

-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Floex » Sun May 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Off to Berlin in a couple of weeks, anyone got any places to visit?

Probably going to do a graffiti & Bowie walk, seen some abandon theme parks and maybe head to Berghain/Panorama Bar one night to see what it's about.

This place looks great but not sure what will be on when we're there http://www.kraftwerkberlin.de/en/location.html

User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Bunni » Sun May 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Good luck getting into Berghain. Kraftwerk bar looks a good shout, we were gunna go last weekend but ended up getting kebab instead. Kit Kat club is around the corner and is also highly recommended for adult entertainment.

If you're going over a weekend, mauer park karaoke is an absolute must.

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Rightey » Sun May 28, 2017 6:00 pm

Bunni wrote:Also when you're browsing use incognito mode because they'll track your searches and put the prices up knowing it's what you're after.


I've also heard about this. Apparently they use your cookies to determine it's you. Not sure if it's actually true though.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.
User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Bunni » Sun May 28, 2017 6:40 pm

I did it the other day for one of the lassies at work. Same holiday package cost £90 more on the computer on our ward which we'd been looking on compared to going straight to booking on the computer on another ward.

User avatar
Banjo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nobody cares

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Banjo » Sun May 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Yeah I've noticed it when looking for hostels and gooseberry fool. I delete cookies so often nowadays.

User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Mon May 29, 2017 11:31 pm

Holiday report....
Just got back from a weekend in Jersey (luckily it was on Easyjet (not BA) but still had a 4 hour delay as the plane broke so I may get 250EURO compensation. Put my claim in online yesterday). Nice little island with loads of beaches, some castles, a town/city centre that reminded me of Chester. People were very friendly and drivers couldn't wait to stop for pedestrians to cross the roads lol. I was shocked they all stopped at the zebra crossings when i was still like a mile away from walking across the road haha.

But overall its not my kind of holiday. It was good to experience it but I learnt that I am definitely not one for such rural places. I got bored easily and just felt that there wasn't enough going on. Will be sticking to mostly city breaks (major cities/world capitals) from now on....or city breaks with the odd day trip out of the city. Just don't think I can spend more than a day in any rural area without getting bored and tired.

User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by zXe » Tue May 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Floex wrote:Off to Berlin in a couple of weeks, anyone got any places to visit?

Probably going to do a graffiti & Bowie walk, seen some abandon theme parks and maybe head to Berghain/Panorama Bar one night to see what it's about.

This place looks great but not sure what will be on when we're there http://www.kraftwerkberlin.de/en/location.html

I'm going in a few weeks also, I read online they put a fence around that abandoned park recently as I was looking it up also. Google comments suggested it wasn't worth going now. But who knows ay might be worth a look anyway, hmm. Also you can book a visit to the Reichstag Building's dome for free if you go to the official site. Apparently it has some great views of the city, but you need to register and book a visit. It's free.

https://www.bundestag.de/en/visittheBun ... ion/245686

So yeah I was wondering similarly about Berlin, any good affordable restaurants in the city anyone can recommend. Also what foods and beers to try?

User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Brerlappin » Wed May 31, 2017 10:33 am

zXe wrote:
Floex wrote:Off to Berlin in a couple of weeks, anyone got any places to visit?

Probably going to do a graffiti & Bowie walk, seen some abandon theme parks and maybe head to Berghain/Panorama Bar one night to see what it's about.

This place looks great but not sure what will be on when we're there http://www.kraftwerkberlin.de/en/location.html

I'm going in a few weeks also, I read online they put a fence around that abandoned park recently as I was looking it up also. Google comments suggested it wasn't worth going now. But who knows ay might be worth a look anyway, hmm. Also you can book a visit to the Reichstag Building's dome for free if you go to the official site. Apparently it has some great views of the city, but you need to register and book a visit. It's free.

https://www.bundestag.de/en/visittheBun ... ion/245686

So yeah I was wondering similarly about Berlin, any good affordable restaurants in the city anyone can recommend. Also what foods and beers to try?


For places to visit i guess you cant go wrong with a day in the Tiergarten, its gorgeous. Berlin Zoo is great too. The Reichstag and Brandenburg gate / Checkpoint Charlie are all quite close together too if i remember rightly and all worth a look.

No idea about restaurants but you literally cannot go wrong eating some mummy strawberry floating currywurst. God damn i love that gooseberry fool. As for beer, the best beer i had over there hands down, Lowenbrau. You can drink that gooseberry fool like water. So good.

User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Bunni » Wed May 31, 2017 10:27 pm

Anyone wanting to go to America Norwegian Air have a deal on the now. FLYUSA99 code for £99 flights to Boston, New York, and a few others.

The airports are a bit out of the way but it's direct flights at good times and at that price it's really no big deal. Very tempted to book a return to New York for £160 and pop down to Philadelphia for a few days. Offer runs till 3rd June so I'll think about it.

User avatar
zXe
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by zXe » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:14 am

Brerlappin wrote:For places to visit i guess you cant go wrong with a day in the Tiergarten, its gorgeous. Berlin Zoo is great too. The Reichstag and Brandenburg gate / Checkpoint Charlie are all quite close together too if i remember rightly and all worth a look.

No idea about restaurants but you literally cannot go wrong eating some mummy strawberry floating currywurst. God damn i love that gooseberry fool. As for beer, the best beer i had over there hands down, Lowenbrau. You can drink that gooseberry fool like water. So good.


Cheers brer, going to order me those no doubt. Also tips on places, I'll will see all of those and the zoo if I can squeeze it in. Should be able too, but was considering going to Potsdam on one of the days. Just going to see what time I have,

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Rocsteady » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:57 am

Bunni wrote:Anyone wanting to go to America Norwegian Air have a deal on the now. FLYUSA99 code for £99 flights to Boston, New York, and a few others.

The airports are a bit out of the way but it's direct flights at good times and at that price it's really no big deal. Very tempted to book a return to New York for £160 and pop down to Philadelphia for a few days. Offer runs till 3rd June so I'll think about it.

Jesus, nice, I'll have to check that out.

Image

Return to “Stuff”