GRcade Travel Topic

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by KingK » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:13 am

8 days into our Orlando holiday and its strawberry floating amazing. Tiring, but amazing. Have visited 5 of the 6 Disney parks (8-10 hrs each day) plus Disney Springs and both Universal theme parks. Fantastic place and it's very hot (85-95 F each day).

Taken hundreds of photos ranging from the Mickeys, Plutos, Goofys etc to a ton of Star Wars characters like Vader, BB8, Chewy. Kids are loving it as am I. Off to Typhoon Lagoon water park tomorrow then SeaWorld and Aquatica later in the week.

Orlando :wub:
Image
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Parksey » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Rightey, I can't believe you complained about the soft drinks not being refillable, in the land of nomihodai.

Not only does that give you unlimited soft drinks for 90 mins/two hours, but you get them in bars and they include a fuckton of unlimited booze.
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Rightey » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:16 pm

Parksey wrote:Rightey, I can't believe you complained about the soft drinks not being refillable, in the land of nomihodai.

Not only does that give you unlimited soft drinks for 90 mins/two hours, but you get them in bars and they include a fuckton of unlimited booze.


I've heard about that but never seen it myself as I never went to any bars while I was over there.
Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Parksey » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:49 pm

It isn't just bars. Quite a lot of restaurants have them too, and not just Japanese ones. I went to an Indian restaurant on Friday that was all you can eat (tabehodai) and all you can drink. Then the okonomiyaki place on Saturday also did it. A lot of places, especially what the Japanese call family restaurants, all have drink bars too. Just the soft drink ones are usually self-service.

It's really easy to eat and drink cheaply here if you avoid tourist haunts and can eat things other than stable Western meals. They tend to be a bit pricier, but still not too bad.

There is almost always a "set" option where you can refills and the like in, and izakayas almost always do nomihodai.
User avatar
Kinetic
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Abraham, Son of Man

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Kinetic » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Also, all you can drink karaoke. A black hole of pure pleasure.
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Rightey » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:03 pm

Parksey wrote:It isn't just bars. Quite a lot of restaurants have them too, and not just Japanese ones. I went to an Indian restaurant on Friday that was all you can eat (tabehodai) and all you can drink. Then the okonomiyaki place on Saturday also did it. A lot of places, especially what the Japanese call family restaurants, all have drink bars too. Just the soft drink ones are usually self-service.

It's really easy to eat and drink cheaply here if you avoid tourist haunts and can eat things other than stable Western meals. They tend to be a bit pricier, but still not too bad.

There is almost always a "set" option where you can refills and the like in, and izakayas almost always do nomihodai.


I went to some family restaurants and did see the self serve drink machines but the drink flavours were not really to my taste. I can't remember what they were off the top of my head but I can't recall any sort of caffeine free soda (like Sprite, 7UP or Ginger Ale) being offered at any of them. I seem to recall them having grape soda.
Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by KingK » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:04 am

Going back to Universal Orlando and Islands of Adventure in 9 hrs time! Just cause why not? Looking forward to doing some of the rides we didn't do last week, plus a few repeats where possible.

This holiday :wub:
Image
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Rightey » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:36 am

KingK wrote:Going back to Universal Orlando and Islands of Adventure in 9 hrs time! Just cause why not? Looking forward to doing some of the rides we didn't do last week, plus a few repeats where possible.

This holiday :wub:


If you're in Florida I hope you went to see the Kennedy Space Centre. I was in Florida to see one of the last space shuttle launches, but sadly was unable to actually go to the centre. :cry:
Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by KingK » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:51 pm

I've previously visited KSC about 20 yrs ago. My wife felt our kids aren't old enough yet to fork out £200 for 4 tickets to go there so I'm saving that trip for next time whenever that is
Image
User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Kezzer » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Greetings from Medellin! :toot:
Image
Image
Image

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread |
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Rocsteady » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:39 pm

How's the cocaine?
Image
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by KingK » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:12 pm

Back home. Slept 15 hrs last night after managing just 90 mins on the 8hr flight. Body clock all over the place and off to London tomorrow for a meeting :lol:

Just copied 1465 photos from cameras, phones and off the Disney Memory Maker site (an ace addition and a must have for anyone going to Disney). Just got 100Gb worth of video to copy off the Go Pro and I'm done. But not tonight I feel.

Need another holiday to get over this one
Image
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Rightey » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:54 am

On hold now with United, hoping I can get some seats with more leg room as my wife is pregnant. I called them once and they told me sure thing and changed them for me, but then I found a shorter flight, so I cancelled my original itinerary as it was still within 24 hours and I could get a refund. I called them again to ask for the same thing and then they said it would cost $250/person :|

WTF!

So I'm trying to call them again to see if they'll give me these seats, you know seeing as they should probably focus a bit on customer service now what with that whole tasering the poor old guy in Chicago, which is where I will also be flying out of.
Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Tafdolphin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Rightey wrote:On hold now with United, hoping I can get some seats with more leg room as my wife is pregnant. I called them once and they told me sure thing and changed them for me, but then I found a shorter flight, so I cancelled my original itinerary as it was still within 24 hours and I could get a refund. I called them again to ask for the same thing and then they said it would cost $250/person :|

WTF!

So I'm trying to call them again to see if they'll give me these seats, you know seeing as they should probably focus a bit on customer service now what with that whole tasering the poor old guy in Chicago, which is where I will also be flying out of.




:dread:
Goat wrote:Guy probably decided not to show up because he heard Taffy was a Cow-exploding fantasist mentalist.

Bloggy blog blog blog.
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Rightey » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:13 pm

:lol:

Well United gave me the seats with extra leg room with no hassle. I wonder if it was because of what happened, or I just got lucky. Hopefully we don't get bumped off. :slol:
Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Tomous » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:09 am

Rightey wrote::lol:

Well United gave me the seats with extra leg room with no hassle. I wonder if it was because of what happened, or I just got lucky. Hopefully we don't get bumped off. :slol:


I imagine it's a pretty good time to try and get something out of United's customer services :slol:

Can't see them bumping a pregnant woman from a flight right now either...
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Tomous » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:33 pm

First day in Japan and I've already seen people driving round Tokyo in go karts dressed like Mario characters. Good to see Japan is exactly how I imagined it to be :slol:
User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by SandyCoin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:46 pm

Off to Krakow in a month, so any recommendations? Not been to Poland before but hear very good things about Krakow.

On the list are Auschwitz and probably the Salt Mines.
-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Kezzer » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:13 am

Tomous wrote:First day in Japan and I've already seen people driving round Tokyo in go karts dressed like Mario characters. Good to see Japan is exactly how I imagined it to be :slol:



:lol: :lol:
Image
Image
Image

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread |
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Rightey » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:05 am

I came across this in Osaka the other day...

Image
Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Return to “Stuff”