GRcade Travel Topic

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Cosmo
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Cosmo » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:57 pm

I've been to France....yeah.

I'd love to go to Norway, Australia, Italy, USA, Canada, New Zealand and Japan though. Better get a job, I suppose. :shifty:

"Danny Duberstein is good at two things. That's Math, and strawberry floatin'."
Twitch - CosBroKramer
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Captain Kinopio » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:03 pm

Bigerich wrote:
Deadpool wrote:I've been to:

England
Scotland
Wales
The Republic of Ireland
Spain
Poland


What a pathetic list. :?


I've been to:

Norway


What's worth seeing/going to

User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by abcd » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:40 am

Been to...

France
Ireland
Germany
Holland
Belgium
Austria
Italy
Vatican City
Spain
Monaco
Portugal
Switzerland
Liechtenstein
Menorca
Rhodes/Greece

Australia

USA

Dominican Republic

Am going to...

Maldives

Would like to go to

Thailand
Vietnam
Japan
Mexico
New Zealand
Lots of places I suppose.

Image
User avatar
Beans
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Beans » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:47 am

Been to:

Spain
France
Beligium
Holland
Germany
USA (Florida & Las Vegas)

Want to go to:

New York
San Francisco
LA
Chicago
Washington DC
Miami
Australia
Hong Kong
Japan
Brazil

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Floex » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Ah just the topic I need, has anyone been to Hong Kong? I'm stopping over there for like 3/4 nights before Veitenam... I forget the exact number of nights

I watched Bloodsport last night and my excitement level went through the roof :mrgreen: But enough about Bloodsport, Hong Kong anyone, where to stay, places to see?

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Moggy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:10 pm

I used to travel a lot and loved going to different places but don’t seem to have the money anymore. :(

Anyway have been to

All of the UK (except Northern Ireland)
Republic of Ireland
France
Germany
Belgium
Holland
Spain
Greece
Portugal
USA
Canada
Thailand
Singapore
Australia
Tunisia

Would like to go to

Anywhere that’s reasonably safe! If I had a free ticket to go anywhere I would probably pick Brazil at the moment to complete the set of permanently inhabited continents. :D Or I would just pick Antarctica and demand to go via Argentina. ;)

User avatar
Mr Yoshi
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Mr Yoshi » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:13 pm

Been to:

UK
Australia
New Zealand
France
Spain
Italy
Germany
Greece
Cyrpus
Czech Republic
Netherlands
Tunisia
United States
Colombia
Peru
Bolivia
Chile

Want to go:

Argentina
Mexico
Brazil
South Africa
China
Japan
Cambodia
Laos
Vietnam
India
Jordan
Syria
Israel

User avatar
Fatal Exception
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover
Location: ಠ_ಠ

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Fatal Exception » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:20 pm

Been to:
France
Italy
Switzerland (though)
Holland
Canary Islands.
Wales
Spain
Belgium

Want to go to:
strawberry floating everywhere. Want to find someone to go with. :x Really interested in going around Asia.

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Image
User avatar
Beans
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Beans » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:02 pm

Fatal Exception wrote:Been to:
France
Italy
Switzerland (though)
Holland
Canary Islands.
Wales
Spain
Belgium

Want to go to:
******* everywhere. Want to find someone to go with. :x Really interested in going around Asia.


Do it on your own. I've not been travelling, but I know people who have and they said you meet so many people anyway.

User avatar
Mr Yoshi
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Mr Yoshi » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Travelled Europe, America and South America on my own for 6 months. Best thing I ever did, do it.

User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by SandyCoin » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Mr Yoshi wrote:Travelled Europe, America and South America on my own for 6 months. Best thing I ever did, do it.


How did you go about meeting people? Did you stay in hostels with other travellers?

I would love to go across America one day. Europe would be easier obviously, but there's not that many places I want to see in Europe. Never been interested in Spain apart from Barcelona. Been to Italy quite a bit as I have relatives there and plan to go there again next year but in the North and make my way down south to where they live.

I'd quite like to see Germany though. Eastern Europe has never interested me, especially now it's just "cheap stag do holidays".

I'd love to go to Hong Kong too. Just need money. :(

-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Lotus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Floex wrote:Ah just the topic I need, has anyone been to Hong Kong? I'm stopping over there for like 3/4 nights before Veitenam... I forget the exact number of nights

I watched Bloodsport last night and my excitement level went through the roof :mrgreen: But enough about Bloodsport, Hong Kong anyone, where to stay, places to see?

Yes...

Give me a minute and I'll post some details. :D

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:48 pm

Mr Yoshi wrote:Travelled Europe, America and South America on my own for 6 months. Best thing I ever did, do it.


How did you get the money?

User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Lotus » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Lotus wrote:
Floex wrote:Ah just the topic I need, has anyone been to Hong Kong? I'm stopping over there for like 3/4 nights before Veitenam... I forget the exact number of nights

I watched Bloodsport last night and my excitement level went through the roof :mrgreen: But enough about Bloodsport, Hong Kong anyone, where to stay, places to see?

Yes...

Give me a minute and I'll post some details. :D

Ok.

Probably staying in either Kowloon or Wanchai would be best for being at the centre of things. Kowloon is on the mainland, Wanchai is on Hong Kong island. I stayed in Wanchai and found it a good base. The hotel I stayed in was taken over by Novotel, but Novotel are a good chain, so you could always check it out.

In terms of attractions...

> Victoria Peak
> Happy Valley Racecourse
> Temples
> Malls
> Disneyland or Ocean Park
> Stanley Market

Depends what you're into really. Getting around is easy enough. The subway is cheap and really punctual, and the Star Ferry that goes between the mainland and HK Island cost about 20p a ride when I was there a few years ago. If you've got any more questions let me know. I really want to go again now. :lol: :fp:

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Peter Crisp » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:54 pm

Is space a viable destination?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Igor
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Not telling...

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Igor » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:Is space a viable destination?


Sure, if you like boring places.

User avatar
Fatal Exception
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Racist chinese lover
Location: ಠ_ಠ

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Fatal Exception » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:56 pm

Beans wrote:
Fatal Exception wrote:Been to:
France
Italy
Switzerland (though)
Holland
Canary Islands.
Wales
Spain
Belgium

Want to go to:
******* everywhere. Want to find someone to go with. :x Really interested in going around Asia.


Do it on your own. I've not been travelling, but I know people who have and they said you meet so many people anyway.


I don't meet people in my day to day life. What makes you think I'd meet people half way across the world?

The above post, unless specifically stated to the contrary, should not be taken seriously. If the above post has offended you in any way, please fill in this form and return it to your nearest moderator.
Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Peter Crisp » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:58 pm

OK then I'd like to go on a grand tour of the solar system.

Places I might actually be able to afford to go would be Canada to kayak round the Great Lakes and Yellowstone Park.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Igor
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Not telling...

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Igor » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:08 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:Places I might actually be able to afford to go would be Canada to kayak round the Great Lakes and Yellowstone Park.


That would be incredible. I'd love to just spend a couple of weeks exploring the place, surviving on nothing but my wits, a knife, and a satellite phone in case of emergency.

I've read a Ray Mears book so I'm all set.

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade Travel Topic
by Floex » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Lotus wrote:
Lotus wrote:
Floex wrote:Ah just the topic I need, has anyone been to Hong Kong? I'm stopping over there for like 3/4 nights before Veitenam... I forget the exact number of nights

I watched Bloodsport last night and my excitement level went through the roof :mrgreen: But enough about Bloodsport, Hong Kong anyone, where to stay, places to see?

Yes...

Give me a minute and I'll post some details. :D

Ok.

Probably staying in either Kowloon or Wanchai would be best for being at the centre of things. Kowloon is on the mainland, Wanchai is on Hong Kong island. I stayed in Wanchai and found it a good base. The hotel I stayed in was taken over by Novotel, but Novotel are a good chain, so you could always check it out.

In terms of attractions...

> Victoria Peak
> Happy Valley Racecourse
> Temples
> Malls
> Disneyland or Ocean Park
> Stanley Market

Depends what you're into really. Getting around is easy enough. The subway is cheap and really punctual, and the Star Ferry that goes between the mainland and HK Island cost about 20p a ride when I was there a few years ago. If you've got any more questions let me know. I really want to go again now. :lol: :fp:


Thanks alot dude! :mrgreen: Saves me alot of hassle of knowing which areas to stay in. There will be no doubt I have more questions to ask over the coming days


Return to “Stuff”