GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by jawafour » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Lagamorph wrote:If your broadband is currently working ok then are you sure it's the actual phoneline and not the phone handset you have connected to it?

Yeah, I checked the handset, Laga, and then contacted BT who confirmed it is being an issue outside of my property. I just don't want to miss the reveal of Animal Crossing: Make Friends tonight, nor the announcement of a pre-Christmas release date.

User avatar
Yulehide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Yulehide » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Tsunade wrote:Ella got detention at school for not having the correct socks for PE


Seems overly harsh.

When I was at school (many moons ago), I used to get away with not wearing the proper school uniform on account of the trousers being extremely uncomfortable whilst sitting in my wheelchair - just as well really as the zip fly used to stick up in an unfortunate position :lol:

Image
User avatar
Minoru
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Minoru » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:25 pm

Tsunade wrote:Ella got detention at school for not having the correct socks for PE

Wow, that's seems very petty. At most that deserves a reminder to bring them next time. It's just a pair of socks! I would not be happy if that happend to my (hypothetical) kid.

Image
Image
User avatar
Vermi-Claus
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Vermi-Claus » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:29 pm

I turned up at school one time without my jumper because it was a warm day, turned out to be school photo day and i was the only one in class without anything black to wear over my white shirt (which meant i ended up centre stage in the class pic because i stood out so much).

Had i tried that now i'd have been crucified!

User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Advent7 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:16 pm

I've had a shower and I'm a little damp still so I have to sit on top of the duvet until I fully dry, meaning I'm not as comfortable as I should be.

Image
User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Saigon Slick » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:20 pm

Dry yourself properly for strawberry float’s sake :lol:

Image Image
User avatar
Snowballday
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Snowballday » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:48 am

Minoru wrote:
Tsunade wrote:Ella got detention at school for not having the correct socks for PE

Wow, that's seems very petty. At most that deserves a reminder to bring them next time. It's just a pair of socks! I would not be happy if that happend to my (hypothetical) kid.

Her PE kid consists of a black t-shirt (with the school logo on) black shorts, black trainers and specialist lacross socks. Every time I've gone in to the shop they haven't had her shoe size, but we were told she could wear black socks until they had the white ones in stock. I've been in 4 times about these bloody socks, she's a size 5, they only have size 7 - 11. And it's the only shop around here that sells these socks. (Maybe I should have posted this bit in the things that annoy you thread instead)

She said it was meant to be a 20 minute detention, she managed to persuade her way out within 10 :lol:

Image
Image
User avatar
Advent7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Advent7 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:29 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:Dry yourself properly for strawberry float’s sake :lol:


Image

Image
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Dowbocop » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:20 am

Ironhide wrote:
Tsunade wrote:Ella got detention at school for not having the correct socks for PE


Seems overly harsh.

When I was at school (many moons ago), I used to get away with not wearing the proper school uniform on account of the trousers being extremely uncomfortable whilst sitting in my wheelchair - just as well really as the zip fly used to stick up in an unfortunate position :lol:

I once got a detention in school for forgetting my History exercise book. It was doubly annoying as I'd only just got it back after my History teacher had mislaid it for six weeks after taking it in for marking.

User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Hyperion » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:53 am

Vermilion wrote:I turned up at school one time without my jumper because it was a warm day, turned out to be school photo day and i was the only one in class without anything black to wear over my white shirt (which meant i ended up centre stage in the class pic because i stood out so much).

Had i tried that now i'd have been crucified!

Probably more the police would be called because what the hell are you doing trying to get in a school photo?

Image
Ad7 wrote:stop moaning about it
User avatar
RichardYuleK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by RichardYuleK » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:31 am

Just tried ordering a new Apple Watch Series 4 for realease next Friday and it’s saying delivery won’t be until between the 8th and 15th of October :cry:

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Saigon Slick » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 am

The aux cable in my car is starting to fail, meaning my iPhone sound drifts in and out of the right speaker. It’ll cost £7 for a new one.

Image Image
User avatar
Satan's Claws
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Kelty, scotland
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Satan's Claws » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:15 am

Ad7 wrote:I've had a shower and I'm a little damp still so I have to sit on top of the duvet until I fully dry, meaning I'm not as comfortable as I should be.


I always finish drying myself with the hairdryer.

Trust me,it leaves you super dry and smooth.

Rapidly-greying is SHITE at games
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Hexx » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:22 am

Why would you stop drying yourself when you're not dry, and then sit down hoping to "air dry"

User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by abcd » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:30 am

My HR strap stopped working just before I went on my cycling holiday in the Alps.

I had to buy a new one but that one was faulty. So I sent it back and ordered another one.

I had two weeks of cycling without HR data. I was left mortified.

Image
User avatar
Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:52 am

How much for a 4 colour Bic pen?! :getfucked:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Bunni » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:07 pm

I’m forced to wear crocs in surgery. They’re comfortable and everyone else wears them but I still feel like a total dick.

User avatar
Snowballday
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Snowballday » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:00 pm

When you want to upholster your dining room chairs but can't decide on the material pattern you want

Image
Image
User avatar
Snowy
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Akuma / Dormin
Location: Surrey, darling

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Snowy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Tsunade wrote:
Minoru wrote:
Tsunade wrote:Ella got detention at school for not having the correct socks for PE

Wow, that's seems very petty. At most that deserves a reminder to bring them next time. It's just a pair of socks! I would not be happy if that happend to my (hypothetical) kid.

Her PE kid consists of a black t-shirt (with the school logo on) black shorts, black trainers and specialist lacross socks. Every time I've gone in to the shop they haven't had her shoe size, but we were told she could wear black socks until they had the white ones in stock. I've been in 4 times about these bloody socks, she's a size 5, they only have size 7 - 11. And it's the only shop around here that sells these socks. (Maybe I should have posted this bit in the things that annoy you thread instead)

She said it was meant to be a 20 minute detention, she managed to persuade her way out within 10 :lol:


You should tell the school to go and strawberry float itself

User avatar
Snowballday
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Snowballday » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Sandy wrote:
Tsunade wrote:
Minoru wrote:
Tsunade wrote:Ella got detention at school for not having the correct socks for PE

Wow, that's seems very petty. At most that deserves a reminder to bring them next time. It's just a pair of socks! I would not be happy if that happend to my (hypothetical) kid.

Her PE kid consists of a black t-shirt (with the school logo on) black shorts, black trainers and specialist lacross socks. Every time I've gone in to the shop they haven't had her shoe size, but we were told she could wear black socks until they had the white ones in stock. I've been in 4 times about these bloody socks, she's a size 5, they only have size 7 - 11. And it's the only shop around here that sells these socks. (Maybe I should have posted this bit in the things that annoy you thread instead)

She said it was meant to be a 20 minute detention, she managed to persuade her way out within 10 :lol:


You should tell the school to go and strawberry float itself

I would but she likes it there, even if this was extremely petty.

Image
Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: As Fat as Santa, Benzin, Christmas CrackErrkal, Parksey, poshrule_uk, Rax, Shug5891 and 61 guests