GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
LewisD
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by LewisD » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:29 am

  • When you are waiting to cross a road, but there's a car blocking your route between pavements because he's waiting to pull out at the junction.
  • So you walk round the back of his car and he pulls away.
  • You're now blocking the car that was waiting behind him.
  • So you do a nervous walk/run from the knees down and a quick wave and mouth "sorry mate"

strawberry floating happened to me twice this morning.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Moggy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:40 am

My 2 year old lost his mobile phone last night and spent hours crying and saying “need my phone, need my phone, need my phone!”

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by jawafour » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:46 am

LewisD wrote:
  • When you are waiting to cross a road, but there's a car blocking your route between pavements because he's waiting to pull out at the junction.
  • So you walk round the back of his car and he pulls away.
  • You're now blocking the car that was waiting behind him.
  • So you do a nervous walk/run from the knees down and a quick wave and mouth "sorry mate"

strawberry floating happened to me twice this morning.

Lewis... don't do the walk/run bit, dude. Stride out confidently! As a pedestrian you have a right to cross the road and, if you're crossing in a reasonable manner, vehicles do not have right of way. They'll have to slow down - perhaps even stop - whilst you cross. In this case, they've already stopped and, by seeing you crossing, the driver of the second vehicle should cheerily wave you across before advancing.

Of course, most drivers will instead glare / shout / toot but... strawberry-float 'em.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Ad7 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:16 pm

I just realised that I forgot to take the chicken and bacon pasta my wife cooked the other evening out of the freezer this morning, so she'll have to cook me something else this evening :(

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Curls » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Moggy wrote:My 2 year old lost his mobile phone last night and spent hours crying and saying “need my phone, need my phone, need my phone!”



Has the world changed THAT much that a two year old has a phone?! Or is your kid extremely spoilt?

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Moggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Curls wrote:
Moggy wrote:My 2 year old lost his mobile phone last night and spent hours crying and saying “need my phone, need my phone, need my phone!”



Has the world changed THAT much that a two year old has a phone?! Or is your kid extremely spoilt?


Since posting the above I’ve been waiting for somebody to say that. :lol:

It’s my wife’s old phone, it doesn’t have a SIM, can’t connect to wi-fi and is rarely even charged up. He just likes playing with it and it keeps him away from our proper phones.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Ad7 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Get him a rusty hammer like any other normal kid would have

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Moggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Ad7 wrote:Get him a rusty hammer like any other normal kid would have


You sick strawberry float.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... y%20hammer

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Ad7 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:10 pm

I'm not clicking a purple link :capnscotty:

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Curls » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Moggy wrote:
Curls wrote:
Moggy wrote:My 2 year old lost his mobile phone last night and spent hours crying and saying “need my phone, need my phone, need my phone!”



Has the world changed THAT much that a two year old has a phone?! Or is your kid extremely spoilt?


Since posting the above I’ve been waiting for somebody to say that. :lol:

It’s my wife’s old phone, it doesn’t have a SIM, can’t connect to wi-fi and is rarely even charged up. He just likes playing with it and it keeps him away from our proper phones.


This is very good that it's not real. 2 years olds would just post Instagrams of their dumps.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Moggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Curls wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Curls wrote:
Moggy wrote:My 2 year old lost his mobile phone last night and spent hours crying and saying “need my phone, need my phone, need my phone!”



Has the world changed THAT much that a two year old has a phone?! Or is your kid extremely spoilt?


Since posting the above I’ve been waiting for somebody to say that. :lol:

It’s my wife’s old phone, it doesn’t have a SIM, can’t connect to wi-fi and is rarely even charged up. He just likes playing with it and it keeps him away from our proper phones.


This is very good that it's not real. 2 years olds would just post Instagrams of their dumps.


When he does manage to get hold of my phone, he does know how to do a selfie. I sometimes look at my photos and find some interesting snaps that he must have taken. :lol:

User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Bunni » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:33 pm

Ad7 wrote:I just realised that I forgot to take the chicken and bacon pasta my wife cooked the other evening out of the freezer this morning, so she'll have to cook me something else this evening :(


I left my dinner in the fridge so will starve on nightshift.

User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: RE: Re: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Death's Head » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Ad7 wrote:I just realised that I forgot to take the chicken and bacon pasta my wife cooked the other evening out of the freezer this morning, so she'll have to cook me something else this evening :(
Meanwhile, over on "All men are cocks and the best way to divorce them" forum....

Yes?
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:12 am

The battery on my Bluetooth headphones died this morning on my way to work so I had to sit in silence on the train.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: GRcade's thread of first world problems. We're in this together :cry:
by Ad7 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:23 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:The battery on my Bluetooth headphones died this morning on my way to work so I had to sit in silence on the train.


:(

I only had time to listen to 2 songs on the way to work before I arrived.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Frank, Google [Bot], Photek, Snowcannon and 55 guests