GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (Results revealed, p4)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Miguel007
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Co. Durham

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by Miguel007 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:24 pm

GameCube :wub:

Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
F-Zero-GX
Kururin Squash!
Luigi's Mansion
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metroid Prime
Pikmin
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Resident Evil 4
Super Mario Sunshine
Image
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by Super Dragon 64 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Twin Snakes is fantastic :wub:
Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by Alvin Flummux » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:29 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:Twin Snakes is a terrible port?

Them's fighting words. Wrong on both fronts, first it's not terrible far from it secondly it's not a port it's a full remake like Resident Evil on GameCube was.


Apologies, I figured it was just a port. Anyway, all I can remember as far as Twin Snakes goes from that time is that whenever it was brought up on the old Gamesradar forums, it was met with shudders of revulsion and all kinds of bitching.

I would've bought it, but for you guys.
Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by Ironhide » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:44 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:Twin Snakes is a terrible port?

Them's fighting words. Wrong on both fronts, first it's not terrible far from it secondly it's not a port it's a full remake like Resident Evil on GameCube was.


Apologies, I figured it was just a port. Anyway, all I can remember as far as Twin Snakes goes from that time is that whenever it was brought up on the old Gamesradar forums, it was met with shudders of revulsion and all kinds of bitching.

I would've bought it, but for you guys.


Twin Snakes was far better than the PS1 original.

Was quite disappointed that they didn't include the VR missions as a bonus though.
Last edited by Ironhide on Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by IAmTheSaladMan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:48 pm

Ironhide wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:
IAmTheSaladMan wrote:Twin Snakes is a terrible port?

Them's fighting words. Wrong on both fronts, first it's not terrible far from it secondly it's not a port it's a full remake like Resident Evil on GameCube was.


Apologies, I figured it was just a port. Anyway, all I can remember as far as Twin Snakes goes from that time is that whenever it was brought up on the old Gamesradar forums, it was met with shudders of revulsion and all kinds of bitching.

I would've bought it, but for you guys.


Twin Snakes was far better than the PS1 original.


See, this guy knows :datass:
Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by Alvin Flummux » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:40 pm

So why didn't any of you say that at the time? :lol:

Hope it gets remade again.
Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:12 pm

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Super Smash Bros. Melee
3. Timesplitters 2
4. F-Zero GX
5. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
6. Mario Kart: Double Dash
7. Resident Evil (2002)
8. Star Wars: Rogue Leader
9. Mario Power Tennis
10. 1080: Avalanche

Wanted to include TS3 but it's just a little too similar to its predecessor to justify putting them both in.
Image Image
User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by chalkitdown » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:21 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:So why didn't any of you say that at the time? :lol:

Hope it gets remade again.


Only problem I had with the game were the ridiculous cut-scenes. Some were good(the hallway fight between Snake & Ninja was excellent) but most were cringeworthy. Snake jumping over the doorway ranks as one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by Super Dragon 64 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:04 pm

chalkitdown wrote:
Alvin Flummux wrote:So why didn't any of you say that at the time? :lol:

Hope it gets remade again.


Only problem I had with the game were the ridiculous cut-scenes. Some were good(the hallway fight between Snake & Ninja was excellent) but most were cringeworthy. Snake jumping over the doorway ranks as one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

Image
Image
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by Qikz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:19 pm

1. Super Smash Bros Melee
2. Mario Kart Double Dash
3. Wind Waker
4. Pikmin
5. Metroid Prime
6. F-Zero GX
7. Super Monkey Ball 2
8. Super Mario Sunshine
9. Luigi's Mansion
10. 1080 Avalanche
Honestly, this isn't even half of my favourite games on the console. Such a godly console.
Last edited by Qikz on Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by IAmTheSaladMan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Qikz wrote:1. Super Smash Bros Melee
2. Mario Kart Double Dash
3. Wind Waker
4. Pikmin
5. Metroid Prime
6. F-Zero GX
7. Super Monkey Ball 2
8. Super Mario Sunshine
9. Luigi's Mansion
10. 1080 Snowboarding

Honestly, this isn't even half of my favourite games on the console. Such a godly console.


Your GameCube plays N64 games... what witchcraft is this? I'm assuming you mean 1080 Avalanche.
Image
User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by Qikz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:37 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
Qikz wrote:1. Super Smash Bros Melee
2. Mario Kart Double Dash
3. Wind Waker
4. Pikmin
5. Metroid Prime
6. F-Zero GX
7. Super Monkey Ball 2
8. Super Mario Sunshine
9. Luigi's Mansion
10. 1080 Snowboarding

Honestly, this isn't even half of my favourite games on the console. Such a godly console.


Your GameCube plays N64 games... what witchcraft is this? I'm assuming you mean 1080 Avalanche.


Your forum quotes errors that never existed... what witchcraft is this? :shifty:
Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by IAmTheSaladMan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:38 pm

I like it :lol:

To be fair the GameCube did play N64 games, I can think of at least 3.
Image
User avatar
PaperMacheMario
Member
Joined in 2011
AKA: The Traitor

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by PaperMacheMario » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 pm

In no particular (apart from the first one, believe it or not)...

- Paper Mario: TTYD
- Mario Kart: Double Dash
- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
- Super Smash Bros Melee
- Super Monkey Ball
- Super Monkey Ball 2
- Mario Party 4
- Mario Party 5
- Mario Smash Football
- Timesplitters 2

Probably my favourite console of all time :wub: definitely quality over quantity for me. Eternal Darkness and Warioware just missed out. Couldn't include Luigi's Mansion or Super Mario Sunshine because I've never properly played either. :shifty:
HSH28 wrote:Sounds what you really need is a sense of humour.
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by IAmTheSaladMan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:07 pm

PaperMacheMario wrote:Couldn't include Luigi's Mansion or Super Mario Sunshine because I've never properly played either. :shifty:


Image
User avatar
PaperMacheMario
Member
Joined in 2011
AKA: The Traitor

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by PaperMacheMario » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:24 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
PaperMacheMario wrote:Couldn't include Luigi's Mansion or Super Mario Sunshine because I've never properly played either. :shifty:



I know! The worst thing is I actually own Luigi's Mansion :fp: and am aware that Sunshine isn't too expensive to get hold of (when I last checked, anyway). I really need to crack on and play them. Feel like Jawa. :dread:

:wub:
HSH28 wrote:Sounds what you really need is a sense of humour.
User avatar
SerialCeler
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Booripides
Location: Stuck in the Tron machine

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by SerialCeler » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:14 am

I'm pleased this thread has brought back so many happy memories. I feel the GameCube line-up was a little underrated compared to the Xbox and PS2 at the time, but it certainly stands up when you look at it today.

Here's my top 10:

• 1080 Avalanche
• Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
• F-Zero GX
• Metroid Prime
• Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
• Resident Evil 4
• Soulcalibur II
• Star Wars: Rogue Leader
• Viewtiful Joe
• Wave Race: Blue Storm
Image
GRecommends by platform: Xbox 360 | Wii | PS3 | Nintendo DS | PSP | Xbox | GameCube
GRecommends by genre: Platformers | Sports | First-person shooters | Racers | Puzzlers | Beat 'em ups | RPGs | Shoot 'em ups

Xbox Live: Serial Celer Nintendo Network ID: SerialCeler
User avatar
SMPL
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by SMPL » Sun May 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Wind Waker
MK Double Dash
F Zero GX
Mario Sunshine
Smash Bros Melee
Viewtiful Joe
Burnout 2
Soul Calibur 2
SSX 3
Star Fox Assault

There's so many I had to exclude. XIII, Timesplitters, NBA/NFL Street, Mario Golf/Tennis, Twilight Princess (which I played on Wii).
User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by dmin » Tue May 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Had to leave some great games out; but, these were the ones I spent the most time with and got the most enjoyment out of.

1. Metroid Prime
2. Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
3. Eternal Darkness
4. Super Mario Sunshine
5. Resident Evil 4
6. Soul Calibur II
7. Winning Eleven 6 FE
8. Skies of Arcadia
9. F-Zero GX
10. Pikmin
Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: GRecommends: Top 10 GameCube games (vote now, deadline 12 May)
by Tomous » Tue May 09, 2017 4:09 pm

Prime
Smash
Double Dash
Wind Waker
RE4
Sunshine
Animal Crossing
Pikmin
Eternal Darkness
Twilight Princess

Honourable mentions to Twin Snakes, Pikmin 2, F-Zero GX and Mario Strikers.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balloon Sod, chanticleer, CuriousOyster, ignition, Monkey Man, Rax, Rodders9, Skippy, zXe and 46 guests