Update: Results revealed on p3
The summer of sport is upon us, and with the Rio Olympics about to get underway this month's GRecommends is to find the 10 greatest sports games of all time.
The definition, as always, is up to you – but here's what Wikipedia has to say:
A sports game is a video game that simulates the practice of sports.
Just list your top 10 below (each counts for one vote, so ranking them isn't important).
There will be separate GRecommends in the future for Racing games and Beat 'em ups, so you might want to keep your powder dry for some of them.
Voting is open for a month and closes on 31 August.
I'm looking forward to see what gets nominated.
The Edge list from 2003 was:
• Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe (Amiga, 1988)
• International Track & Field (PSOne, 1996)
• Sega Bass Fishing (Dreamcast, 1999)
• Mario Tennis (N64, 2000)
• Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS2, Xbox, GameCube, 2001)
• Jimmy White's Cueball World (PC, 2001)
• Amped (Xbox, 2001)
• Madden NFL 2003 (PS2, Xbox, 2002)
• Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball (Xbox, 2003)
• Winning Eleven 7 (PS2, 2003)