GTASC 2018 // Week 27 // The End. Well, kinda.

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:30 pm

Manwell Pablo wrote:how does that even work surely a achievement is worth its base score at least.


It's called ratio decay and is a bit tricky to explain. In the GTASC they take a snapshot of your TA score at the start of the week. Your current score for the week is recorded as (Your current TA score - The start of the week TA score). This can throw up some anomalies.

Imagine you unlocked a rare achievement before the cutoff worth 100 points. After the cutoff a lot more people unlock that achievement, and it becomes less rare. It's now worth just 75 points. This gives you a weekly score of -25.

This is why it's best to avoid getting hard achievements on new games, as they will always be high scoring to start with and then drop as time goes on. It works the other way too though, if you've completed a game which becomes a Game With Gold for instance, loads more people will start the game, increasing those ratios and giving you a large boost.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Manwell Pablo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:44 pm

more heat than light wrote:
Manwell Pablo wrote:how does that even work surely a achievement is worth its base score at least.


It's called ratio decay and is a bit tricky to explain. In the GTASC they take a snapshot of your TA score at the start of the week. Your current score for the week is recorded as (Your current TA score - The start of the week TA score). This can throw up some anomalies.

Imagine you unlocked a rare achievement before the cutoff worth 100 points. After the cutoff a lot more people unlock that achievement, and it becomes less rare. It's now worth just 75 points. This gives you a weekly score of -25.

This is why it's best to avoid getting hard achievements on new games, as they will always be high scoring to start with and then drop as time goes on. It works the other way too though, if you've completed a game which becomes a Game With Gold for instance, loads more people will start the game, increasing those ratios and giving you a large boost.


.......k :D :fp:

I'm not going to worry about it as I'm too crap to get hard Chevos and too poor to buy new games....that'll be my official excuse for not understanding anyway.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:57 pm

I explained it badly, don't worry. TA scores go up and down. Dont worry about it too much. :-)

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Manwell Pablo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:14 pm

more heat than light wrote:I explained it badly, don't worry. TA scores go up and down. Dont worry about it too much. :-)


I get how TA scores work just not how you could ever end up negative if it's all relative to one week. but yeah we will leave it at that :D

Anyone need any forza (apart from 6) online achievements? I'll even extend the offer to prestige world as they are going home at the moment

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:26 pm

I do have one of the Forza games on my hard drive, I think it might be Forza 5. Got it free with the Xbox, they're not really my thing but I'm happy to boost at some point. :-)

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Manwell Pablo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:54 pm

more heat than light wrote:I do have one of the Forza games on my hard drive, I think it might be Forza 5. Got it free with the Xbox, they're not really my thing but I'm happy to boost at some point. :-)


Erf, the only ones I need on 5 are paint job and tune related. Which would have outstanding ratios but they are a massive ball ache, plus you'd have to do literally all the work for minimal personal reward.

Perhaps have a look if you somehow end up out of the individual before team :D

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:39 am

Made a small amount of progress this morning. :shifty:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Manwell Pablo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 pm

more heat than light wrote:Made a small amount of progress this morning. :shifty:


:lol:

I think we are safe now!

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Manwell Pablo wrote:
more heat than light wrote:Made a small amount of progress this morning. :shifty:


:lol:

I think we are safe now!


Yeah, but we gotta get that bonus. Should be plain sailing from this position though.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Manwell Pablo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:22 pm

more heat than light wrote:
Manwell Pablo wrote:
more heat than light wrote:Made a small amount of progress this morning. :shifty:


:lol:

I think we are safe now!


Yeah, but we gotta get that bonus. Should be plain sailing from this position though.


I'm gonna need 1600 (at least) to stay safe in the individual comp given everyone has that crazy bonus so will keep so we will get it.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Don't worry too much, not everyone remembers to use their bonus. First weeks cutoff should be fairly low.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Manwell Pablo » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:08 pm

more heat than light wrote:Don't worry too much, not everyone remembers to use their bonus. First weeks cutoff should be fairly low.

It's not even a positive figure ATM :D

Image
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Manwell Pablo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:35 pm

Ok so Xbox live is broken and I'm owed about 400 GS :lol:

Do hope this gets sorted.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:39 pm

Are you playing on Xbox One? If so it should be fine, those achievements usually sort themselves out.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Manwell Pablo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:45 pm

more heat than light wrote:Are you playing on Xbox One? If so it should be fine, those achievements usually sort themselves out.


Yep I've had it before and it's been ok just under current circumstances slightly concerning.

EDIT: you might want to hold fire and think about next week now I may have accidentally unlocked a lot of achievements and we might have enough for bonus :lol: I'll leave the Xbox on over night as they are leaking through

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:19 am

Haha, nice! I'll continue my plod through Dark Souls 3 then. :-)

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:18 am

Prestige Worldwide in the drop zone. :dread:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
hamm sandwich
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by hamm sandwich » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Not for much longer, hopefully.

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:44 pm

hamm sandwich wrote:Not for much longer, hopefully.


That's good to know. :-)

We're still a good 1500G away from the bonus target this week. Do you have anything else in the tank Manuel? Happy to pump a bit more in if needs be.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Manwell Pablo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:59 pm

more heat than light wrote:
hamm sandwich wrote:Not for much longer, hopefully.


That's good to know. :-)

We're still a good 1500G away from the bonus target this week. Do you have anything else in the tank Manuel? Happy to pump a bit more in if needs be.


I thought it was 6000?

Yeah I can do if we need it.

Oh. I bet it's 6000G not TA

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, Garth, kerr9000, more heat than light, Poser, Tafdolphin and 56 guests