GTASC 2018 // Week 20 // The Minecraft For Dummies Thread

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by more heat than light » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:22 pm

It's actually not that bad, the graphics are remastered (with the option to view the original in game) and it's still as visually iconic as it ever was. I've been enjoying it anyway.

To check if you have any 3G achievements click on 'Easy Achievements' on TA and then click the GS header to sort all the achievements you have locked in order. I have a couple of options on Windows Phone games.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by Manwell Pablo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:45 am

more heat than light wrote:It's actually not that bad, the graphics are remastered (with the option to view the original in game) and it's still as visually iconic as it ever was. I've been enjoying it anyway.

To check if you have any 3G achievements click on 'Easy Achievements' on TA and then click the GS header to sort all the achievements you have locked in order. I have a couple of options on Windows Phone games.


Well that didn't work but probably as I've never actually opened civilisation revolution which appears to have an easy 3G so happy days.

Image
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by Manwell Pablo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:13 am

So I downloaded the Fall and Another World and that's pretty much me for the week :lol:

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by more heat than light » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:44 am

You're one of us now... :nod:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by Manwell Pablo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:56 am

more heat than light wrote:You're one of us now... :nod:


:lol:

Back when the 360 first hit the shelfs I literally just bought easy games for the first year to get GS up (due to the fact there were no good ones aside from Perfect Dark) I have since softened my stance on Trophies/Achievements though.

TBF £2.80 odd for two reasonable games, one of which I've been looking at for awhile anyway is ridiculously good value outside of this competition anyway.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by more heat than light » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:22 pm

Manwell Pablo wrote:TBF £2.80 odd for two reasonable games, one of which I've been looking at for awhile anyway is ridiculously good value outside of this competition anyway.


Yeah definitely, although I've just finished Another World and I don't remember it being so short! :lol:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by Manwell Pablo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:46 pm

more heat than light wrote:
Manwell Pablo wrote:TBF £2.80 odd for two reasonable games, one of which I've been looking at for awhile anyway is ridiculously good value outside of this competition anyway.


Yeah definitely, although I've just finished Another World and I don't remember it being so short! :lol:


Oh it's a tiny game, one of the main reasons I refused to pay £7 for it despite the memories but £1.20 isn't even half a larger these days, I probably lose more down the back of my sofa most weeks.

Anyway not really the week for it but thinking about some of the other games, Halo 5 Halo Wars 2 and Evolve (ratios are ridiculous) are another three games with potential co-op point-age.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by more heat than light » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:15 am

I've pretty much had to sack off my chase for the bonus this week as my lad has been off school with a sickness bug. Will ensure we have enough points for survival though.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
hamm sandwich
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by hamm sandwich » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:21 pm

I know it’s not in the spirit of this pantomime rivalry you’ve created for us but if you need any help boosting any MP stuff to help you with the bonus, just give me a shout :lol:

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by more heat than light » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:39 am

hamm sandwich wrote:I know it’s not in the spirit of this pantomime rivalry you’ve created for us but if you need any help boosting any MP stuff to help you with the bonus, just give me a shout :lol:


:lol:

Thanks man, but I'm not too fussed about individual anyway. I could probably manage it but it would take up a lot of my remaining time to complete.

Also I'd never be seen dead boosting with the likes of you, you dirty traitor! Anything you need too, just shout. ;-)

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by Manwell Pablo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:25 pm

more heat than light wrote:I've pretty much had to sack off my chase for the bonus this week as my lad has been off school with a sickness bug. Will ensure we have enough points for survival though.


We will be fine I'm going to try and get the fall done tonight and find the remaining 13 points tonight n tomorrow.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by more heat than light » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:34 pm

The Fall was a cool game. Just announced a sequel too. :-)

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by Manwell Pablo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:20 pm

more heat than light wrote:The Fall was a cool game. Just announced a sequel too. :-)


It is, it'd be a lot more fun without a first run walk through but sadly I'm short of time :lol:

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by more heat than light » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:46 pm

Manwell Pablo wrote:
more heat than light wrote:The Fall was a cool game. Just announced a sequel too. :-)


It is, it'd be a lot more fun without a first run walk through but sadly I'm short of time :lol:


Honestly I play most games these days with a walkthrough in front of me. I got told off by the community by playing Dark Souls with a guide, so I'm tackling DS3 on my own. It's made me horribly OCD about missing anything! Thankfully you need to have three playthroughs for the full 1K so I'll just use the guide next time round.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by Manwell Pablo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:29 pm

more heat than light wrote:
Manwell Pablo wrote:
more heat than light wrote:The Fall was a cool game. Just announced a sequel too. :-)


It is, it'd be a lot more fun without a first run walk through but sadly I'm short of time :lol:


Honestly I play most games these days with a walkthrough in front of me. I got told off by the community by playing Dark Souls with a guide, so I'm tackling DS3 on my own. It's made me horribly OCD about missing anything! Thankfully you need to have three playthroughs for the full 1K so I'll just use the guide next time round.


Having the plat (played on PS4) for DS3 I can safely say missing the odd thing on play through one is not a big deal. Most of the stuff needed to upgrade weapons to a good level isn't that far off most naturally explored paths.

For a from software game it's actually pretty tame, well the base game is 2nd dlc is the stuff of nightmares.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by more heat than light » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:48 am

Yeah, it's been pretty manageable so far, certainly nothing approaching Fume Knight levels of rage anyway. I have the 1000G on the first two games so it'll be nice to complete the set. There aren't any achievements for the DLC so I'll probably never play it. :shifty:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by Manwell Pablo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:14 am

more heat than light wrote:Yeah, it's been pretty manageable so far, certainly nothing approaching Fume Knight levels of rage anyway. I have the 1000G on the first two games so it'll be nice to complete the set. There aren't any achievements for the DLC so I'll probably never play it. :shifty:


I actually never finished the 2nd as it got left by the wayside once I upgraded to current gen, the first one I finished and immediately smashed an important NPC round the back of the head to make sure I never tried to play it again as getting through it once was just two weeks of stress. :slol:

My 2018 is done, so that's me for the week, we look well safe at the moment.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by more heat than light » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:07 am

Manwell Pablo wrote:the first one I finished and immediately smashed an important NPC round the back of the head to make sure I never tried to play it again as getting through it once was just two weeks of stress. :slol:


:lol:

Nice work man, two bonuses on the bounce is sterling work. I'll be more help next week, this week has just been a bit rubbish for gaming time.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by Manwell Pablo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:42 am

more heat than light wrote:
Manwell Pablo wrote:the first one I finished and immediately smashed an important NPC round the back of the head to make sure I never tried to play it again as getting through it once was just two weeks of stress. :slol:


:lol:

Nice work man, two bonuses on the bounce is sterling work. I'll be more help next week, this week has just been a bit rubbish for gaming time.


TBF I think you need to take some credit for pointing those deals out to me :lol: I have also actually had a pretty terrible week gaming time wise, had I not had two games that scored 1950 points from about 5 hours gaming I'd of not got anywhere near it.

Image
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 2 // GRcade nail the first bonus, PW... not so much.
by Manwell Pablo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Both teams survive again, I think we're all still in the Solo competition as well. Although only I got the bonus


Viral Achievement.....I must have one somewhere :slol: Although a pointless task if you do not have one MHTL

EDIT: I've got one, Sunset Overdrive DLC one that should unlock without me buying the DLC

Image

Return to “Games”