GTASC 2018 // Week 19 // Banned from playing easy crap for a whole week.

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostGTASC 2018 // Week 19 // Banned from playing easy crap for a whole week.
by more heat than light » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:12 am

Image

Hi and welcome to the 2018 edition of the GTASC (Great True Achievement Score Challenge). This year we're taking things a little differently, as teams of just two players do battle against each other to be crowned the winner. We'll be following the progress of two teams this year, GRcade and Prestige Worldwide.

So who is representing GRcade?

Glad you asked. Two of the very best Achievement whores that GRcade has to offer.

more heat than light (heatlight)
Manuel Pablo (PrayedManuel)

Who the strawberry float are Prestige Worldwide?

An offshoot team led by former GRcade legend hamm sandwich and his brother FREEWINGRADICAL. Think of them as the villains of the piece. :twisted:

How does the GTASC work?

Basically your team tries not to be one of the lowest scoring teams of the week. Teams are eliminated every week before scores are reset. You can read more about it here

How can I follow GRcade and Prestige Worldwide's progress?

The GRcade homepage can be found here. Prestige Worldwide's homepage is here. These show our current score, position and distance from the elimination zone. You can also see a feed of our recent achievements.

If you want to see the full leaderboard it can be found here.

There is also a solo competition running simultaneously, we are all entered for this as well. You can check out the leaderboard for this right here.

How can I help?

We're always happy to receive tips and advice on games or achievements, and encouragement/adulation is always welcome. But the best way to get involved is to boost achievements with us, be it passive (eg gifting coins or items in games that require them) or active (generally standing around so we can shoot you in the face repeatedly). If you fancy helping out, feel free to post in the thread.

Who made that amazing logo?

That would be jawafour. Again. :wub: :wub:

Last edited by more heat than light on Wed May 16, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 19 times in total.
jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
hamm sandwich
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // GRcade vs Prestige Worldwide // Starts Today @ 4PM
by hamm sandwich » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:24 am

:lol: great work guys! Love the logo Jawa, feeling pumped pre-contest but after last year's miserable showing I'll need to raise my game to save face in these parts :lol:

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // GRcade vs Prestige Worldwide // Starts Today @ 4PM
by more heat than light » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:43 am

hamm sandwich wrote::lol: great work guys! Love the logo Jawa, feeling pumped pre-contest but after last year's miserable showing I'll need to raise my game to save face in these parts :lol:


You're going down, traitor! :nod:

PS - get your brother in here for extra bants.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:10 pm

We are off!




Force Unleashed completed. 8-)

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Rax » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Grcade in 3rd place. :datass:

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:00 pm

Rax wrote:Grcade in 3rd place. :datass:


I feel that may not last. :lol:

Also worth pointing out that there's a team bonus this week for getting 6000G. Seems a lot, but it's probably a possibility if we want to go for it. What say you, Manuel?

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by rinks » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:08 pm

Good luck, lads. And BOOOO! to Prestige Worldwide.


myrrh heat than light wrote:Also worth pointing out that there's a team bonus this week for getting 6000G. Seems a lot, but it's probably a possibility if we want to go for it. What say you, Manuel?

Hmm, sounds like a deliberate ploy by the organisers to tempt people into burning their easy Gs early on.

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:11 pm

Normally I wouldn't even contemplate it as the reward isn't really worth the effort. But I've been dragging my heels for ages waiting for the competition to start and I feel the need to blast through some easy G's

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by rinks » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:17 pm

You know you'll regret it later, when you really need them!

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:20 pm

I dunno, I always seem to have something in the backlog that I can use for a quick boost. I'll see what my teammate thinks when he pops his head in, I'm not doing all the work. :lol:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Manwell Pablo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:59 pm

myrrh heat than light wrote:I dunno, I always seem to have something in the backlog that I can use for a quick boost. I'll see what my teammate thinks when he pops his head in, I'm not doing all the work. :lol:


I'm off work with sinusitis so this weeks probably gonna be easy.....assuming I can actually summon the energy to play. Gonna stick horizon 3 on for a bit shortly. Didn't think we'd started till midnight tif.

What do we get for this bonus. Hanging around for a long time is going to take careful management don't want to spunk aload of reserve cheevos unless it's worth it.

Image
User avatar
hamm sandwich
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // GRcade vs Prestige Worldwide // Starts Today @ 4PM
by hamm sandwich » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:08 pm

myrrh heat than light wrote:
hamm sandwich wrote::lol: great work guys! Love the logo Jawa, feeling pumped pre-contest but after last year's miserable showing I'll need to raise my game to save face in these parts :lol:


You're going down, traitor! :nod:

PS - get your brother in here for extra bants.


You've clearly never met my brother :lol:

User avatar
hamm sandwich
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by hamm sandwich » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:09 pm

Still waiting for my first achievement of 2018 but when it comes, it's going to be a big one.

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:26 am

Manwell Pablo wrote:What do we get for this bonus. Hanging around for a long time is going to take careful management don't want to spunk aload of reserve cheevos unless it's worth it.


You get a 2000TA boost to use at any time, which can be very handy if you're having a bad week, going on holiday or whatever. So there's definitely an argument to be had about saving our easy games for a later stages although don't forget the competition runs on TA score so easy stuff isn't necessarily always the best stuff to be going with anyway.

It's up to you. If you think you can manage 2000G before Wednesday, I'm pretty sure I can pull off 4000. I'd rather not make the effort though if you don't think you can. No pressure, this competition is meant to be fun after all. :-)

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:48 am

hamm sandwich wrote:when it comes, it's going to be a big one.

Image

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Manwell Pablo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:58 pm

more heat than light wrote:
Manwell Pablo wrote:What do we get for this bonus. Hanging around for a long time is going to take careful management don't want to spunk aload of reserve cheevos unless it's worth it.


You get a 2000TA boost to use at any time, which can be very handy if you're having a bad week, going on holiday or whatever. So there's definitely an argument to be had about saving our easy games for a later stages although don't forget the competition runs on TA score so easy stuff isn't necessarily always the best stuff to be going with anyway.

It's up to you. If you think you can manage 2000G before Wednesday, I'm pretty sure I can pull off 4000. I'd rather not make the effort though if you don't think you can. No pressure, this competition is meant to be fun after all. :-)


I probably could fairly easily....that'd be a useful bonus tbf....if I'm reading this right everybody already has one of these bonuses too already?

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 pm

Manwell Pablo wrote:
more heat than light wrote:
Manwell Pablo wrote:What do we get for this bonus. Hanging around for a long time is going to take careful management don't want to spunk aload of reserve cheevos unless it's worth it.


You get a 2000TA boost to use at any time, which can be very handy if you're having a bad week, going on holiday or whatever. So there's definitely an argument to be had about saving our easy games for a later stages although don't forget the competition runs on TA score so easy stuff isn't necessarily always the best stuff to be going with anyway.

It's up to you. If you think you can manage 2000G before Wednesday, I'm pretty sure I can pull off 4000. I'd rather not make the effort though if you don't think you can. No pressure, this competition is meant to be fun after all. :-)


I probably could fairly easily....that'd be a useful bonus tbf....if I'm reading this right everybody already has one of these bonuses too already?


Yup, you get one freebie bonus to start with and then can earn more with the challenges. There are separate challenges for the team and the solo competition, if it's anything like last year they alternate between the two each week.

I just blasted through Mr Pumpkin's Adventure so that's 1300G for me already this week. :-)

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Manwell Pablo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:21 pm

more heat than light wrote:
Manwell Pablo wrote:
more heat than light wrote:
Manwell Pablo wrote:What do we get for this bonus. Hanging around for a long time is going to take careful management don't want to spunk aload of reserve cheevos unless it's worth it.


You get a 2000TA boost to use at any time, which can be very handy if you're having a bad week, going on holiday or whatever. So there's definitely an argument to be had about saving our easy games for a later stages although don't forget the competition runs on TA score so easy stuff isn't necessarily always the best stuff to be going with anyway.

It's up to you. If you think you can manage 2000G before Wednesday, I'm pretty sure I can pull off 4000. I'd rather not make the effort though if you don't think you can. No pressure, this competition is meant to be fun after all. :-)


I probably could fairly easily....that'd be a useful bonus tbf....if I'm reading this right everybody already has one of these bonuses too already?


Yup, you get one freebie bonus to start with and then can earn more with the challenges. There are separate challenges for the team and the solo competition, if it's anything like last year they alternate between the two each week.

I just blasted through Mr Pumpkin's Adventure so that's 1300G for me already this week. :-)


You do appear to have gone balls deep early :D

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by more heat than light » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:44 pm

Manwell Pablo wrote:You do appear to have gone balls deep early :D


:lol:

Well that's one way of looking at it! Like I said earlier, I was just chilling until the competition started. It's been awful looking at my Gamerscore leaderboard and seeing so many people ahead of me. I can get back to business now. :datass:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Manwell Pablo
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: GTASC 2018 // Week 1 // Let battle commence!
by Manwell Pablo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:59 pm

more heat than light wrote:
Manwell Pablo wrote:You do appear to have gone balls deep early :D


:lol:

Well that's one way of looking at it! Like I said earlier, I was just chilling until the competition started. It's been awful looking at my Gamerscore leaderboard and seeing so many people ahead of me. I can get back to business now. :datass:


Agreed it's not been great not being able to unlock anything.

On the subject of the 6k I'm more than likely going to aim for 3k myself to make sure I stay in given most people on their way out are going to use a 1k boost....although at the moment you've got to be negative to be in there....how does that even work surely a achievement is worth its base score at least.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cal, Earfolds, Heskimo, Hime, Kanbei, NickSCFC, OldSoulCyborg, Parksey, Peter Crisp, PsychicSykes, Robbo-92, Samuel_1, SandyCoin and 46 guests