HDYFRN - Official SONM Memorial Thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by Moggy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:09 pm

RichardUK wrote:I am not really that fussy or bothered about it


Nobody could ever accuse you of being fussy.

User avatar
Rik_
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by Rik_ » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:11 pm

What do you do with your old vacs after their 4 weeks are up Richard? Please tell me you give them to charity shops or something, just chucking them would be a massive waste

User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by still » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 pm

Well, this is all fascinating! What do you do for a living Richard? Gold miner?

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by Moggy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:25 pm

still wrote:Well, this is all fascinating! What do you do for a living Richard? Gold miner?


He ram raids Currys stores.

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by RichardUK » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Riksilver wrote:What do you do with your old vacs after their 4 weeks are up Richard? Please tell me you give them to charity shops or something, just chucking them would be a massive waste


I did used to take them to the recycling centre where they would put them in an area and give them away but I started seeing them on shpock for sale so now I take them to the Barnardos charity shop, its handy because its next to Argos and Tesco where I buy the new ones from when I drop off the old ones!

still wrote:Well, this is all fascinating! What do you do for a living Richard? Gold miner?


Mainly property development and rentals, but also random smaller businesses that involve importing various things and selling them mainly to trade, we have had loads of failed businesses from a garden centre to an estate agent

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by still » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:03 pm

RichardUK wrote:
Riksilver wrote:What do you do with your old vacs after their 4 weeks are up Richard? Please tell me you give them to charity shops or something, just chucking them would be a massive waste


I did used to take them to the recycling centre where they would put them in an area and give them away but I started seeing them on shpock for sale so now I take them to the Barnardos charity shop, its handy because its next to Argos and Tesco where I buy the new ones from when I drop off the old ones!

still wrote:Well, this is all fascinating! What do you do for a living Richard? Gold miner?


Mainly property development and rentals, but also random smaller businesses that involve importing various things and selling them mainly to trade, we have had loads of failed businesses from a garden centre to an estate agent


Property development! That explains it. (I prefer Moggy’s suggestion of a white goods ram-raider though - no offence!)

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by RichardUK » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:07 pm

still wrote:
Property development! That explains it. (I prefer Moggy’s suggestion of a white goods ram-raider though - no offence!)


white goods ram-raider is more of my hobby, something I do just for fun :lol:

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by still » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:17 pm

RichardUK wrote:
still wrote:
Property development! That explains it. (I prefer Moggy’s suggestion of a white goods ram-raider though - no offence!)


white goods ram-raider is more of my hobby, something I do just for fun :lol:


Fair enough. Always good to have a hobby!

User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by Rightey » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:33 am

Moggy wrote:
RichardUK wrote:I buy 3 new vacuum cleaners every 4 weeks


strawberry float me :lol:


Genuine lol from me.

I have a super cheap Bissel Zing canister vacuum that I bought on sale for $70 which works great...

https://www.amazon.ca/Bissell-2156C-Bag ... ter+vacuum

52 weeks in a year, divided by 4, multiplied by 3 vacuums at $70 = $2730 on vacuum cleaners per year. :lol:

Wouldn't it be better to buy in bulk at this point? Or maybe just buy a shop vac that can handle wet and dry and after each dry use get it to suck up some soapy water then dry the filter in your dryer?

Frankly, I think I'm more impressed by your entrepreneurial skills, you must be good if you can afford to spend this much on vacuums a year. I wonder how much Elon Musk spends on stuff like this.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by Frank » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:49 am

Rightey wrote:Frankly, I think I'm more impressed by your entrepreneurial skills, you must be good if you can afford to spend this much on vacuums a year. I wonder how much Elon Musk spends on stuff like this.


The worrying thing is he keeps complaining he's in financial troubles :shifty: Surely just stop buying vacuum cleaners and two thousand pounds of animals every few weeks...

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by Moggy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:50 am

Frank wrote:
Rightey wrote:Frankly, I think I'm more impressed by your entrepreneurial skills, you must be good if you can afford to spend this much on vacuums a year. I wonder how much Elon Musk spends on stuff like this.


The worrying thing is he keeps complaining he's in financial troubles :shifty: Surely just stop buying vacuum cleaners and two thousand pounds of animals every few weeks...


And just imagine how much he spends on flags. :dread:

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by Vermilion » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:45 am

My vacuum has personality...

Image

User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by Rax » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:42 am

I though Rik and his Xbox obsession was bad but this nonsense is on a whole other level.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by Moggy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:45 am

Rax wrote:I though Rik and his Xbox obsession was bad but this nonsense is on a whole other level.


Remember the innocent days when we laughed at N1FFF for spending too much on a wallet?

User avatar
Rik_
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by Rik_ » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Rightey wrote:
Moggy wrote:
RichardUK wrote:I buy 3 new vacuum cleaners every 4 weeks


strawberry float me :lol:


Genuine lol from me.

I have a super cheap Bissel Zing canister vacuum that I bought on sale for $70 which works great...

https://www.amazon.ca/Bissell-2156C-Bag ... ter+vacuum

52 weeks in a year, divided by 4, multiplied by 3 vacuums at $70 = $2730 on vacuum cleaners per year. :lol:

Wouldn't it be better to buy in bulk at this point? Or maybe just buy a shop vac that can handle wet and dry and after each dry use get it to suck up some soapy water then dry the filter in your dryer?

Frankly, I think I'm more impressed by your entrepreneurial skills, you must be good if you can afford to spend this much on vacuums a year. I wonder how much Elon Musk spends on stuff like this.


strawberry float me that's like two-thirds of my year's rent
Richard give me your old vacs and I'll build a house out of them

Rax wrote:I though Rik and his Xbox obsession was bad but this nonsense is on a whole other level.

This confused me because I've never bought an xbox but then i remembered you guys had another much less cool and handsome Rik before I arrived

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by Jenuall » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Is RichardUK secretly Monica from friends?

I've not looked that far back in the thread so apologies if this has already been covered, but is there a reason you are so anal about these things?

The vacuum conversation just made me think back and I realise I've been using the same vacuum cleaner for 11 years now! It also has various labels on it saying that certain parts should be cleaned every 1 to 3 months. It has never been cleaned. :datass:

ImageImage
User avatar
Wrathy
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Location: Location: Location:

PostRe: MYVDYO - How many vacuums do YOU own?
by Wrathy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Flat I rent came with two vacuums. Looking forward to the day I can buy my own though, its not the best or anything.

User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: HDYFERN - How do you? Flat Earth, Right Now!
by Errkal » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Jenuall wrote:Is RichardUK secretly Monica from friends?

I've not looked that far back in the thread so apologies if this has already been covered, but is there a reason you are so anal about these things?

The vacuum conversation just made me think back and I realise I've been using the same vacuum cleaner for 11 years now! It also has various labels on it saying that certain parts should be cleaned every 1 to 3 months. It has never been cleaned. :datass:


Monica only had 2, a normal one and a dust buster to clean the main one with, hence the line "If only there was a smaller one to clean this one"

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: MYVDYO - How many vacuums do YOU own?
by Moggy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:30 pm

I’ve no idea how old our vacuum is, we just took my sister-in-law’s old one when she got a new one. :lol:

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: MYVDYO - How many vacuums do YOU own?
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:48 pm

The single most useful household appliance I've ever bought was one of those handheld dysons.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blue Eyes, Dowbocop, Errkal, Garth, Grumpy David, ignition, Johnny Jalfrezi, lex-man, massimo, Preezy, Rightey, Snowcannon, Ste, wensleydale and 66 guests