Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by KingK » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Press the Y button to keep the bar around the fish. Apparently some fish are impossible to catch until you level your fishing up. I think I got lucky with a basic fish as I've failed on several others elsewhere

Image
Oblomov Boblomov on 4 Nov 2017 wrote:We're losing 4-1 and Forest are winning 4-0. Someone pass me the strawberry floating wine.
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by still » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:05 pm

KingK wrote:Press the Y button to keep the bar around the fish. Apparently some fish are impossible to catch until you level your fishing up. I think I got lucky with a basic fish as I've failed on several others elsewhere


Cheers. Might go fishing tonight. Seeing as Mario O hasn’t arrived. Thank you Tesco......

User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by still » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:33 am

KingK wrote:Press the Y button to keep the bar around the fish. Apparently some fish are impossible to catch until you level your fishing up. I think I got lucky with a basic fish as I've failed on several others elsewhere


My record stands at..... one fish!

User avatar
KingK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by KingK » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:12 am

Mine too

Image
Oblomov Boblomov on 4 Nov 2017 wrote:We're losing 4-1 and Forest are winning 4-0. Someone pass me the strawberry floating wine.
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by still » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:04 am

Played this for hours and hours yesterday. I don't think I've actually sat and played something as solidly as this before. There is something deeply relaxing, (meditational?) about the repetitive daily chores and then there is the (very) slow drip-feed of new possibilities.

Even once you've saved - I'll stop now... - you then wake up and you just want to go outside your little house and see what might be happening - and then you've just got to water those crops and then you are in for another day.... Very difficult to break away from!

Not going near it today though - too many real world chores to do I'm afraid.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by Preezy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:05 am

Gah, so nearly bought this last night on the PS store, only £11.99. It’s still sat in my cart mocking me :dread:

Must resist.

Image
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by still » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:06 am

I've been looking at images of other people's farms via Google. I now feel totally inadequate!! Must 'work' (a lot) harder.....

User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by still » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 am

Apparently the incoming patch fixes the static sound on the left speaker. Good because it's been bugging the hell out of me. Faster saves too.

User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes
Contact:

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by Rog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:54 pm

Faster saving is a godsend. Also it includes video recording!

User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by still » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:11 pm

Rog wrote:Faster saving is a godsend. Also it includes video recording!


Yeah, not sure what you'd want to record!!

User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes
Contact:

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by Rog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:12 pm

still wrote:
Rog wrote:Faster saving is a godsend. Also it includes video recording!


Yeah, not sure what you'd want to record!!


Harvesting a sweet iridium tier starfruit.

User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by still » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:13 pm

Rog wrote:
still wrote:
Rog wrote:Faster saving is a godsend. Also it includes video recording!


Yeah, not sure what you'd want to record!!


Harvesting a sweet iridium tier starfruit.


Don't rub it in, I've not got that far yet!!

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by Fade » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:57 pm

I was thinking of getting this but maybe on PC. What would you guys recommend.

PC or PS4?

Image
User avatar
andretmzt
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Lincolnshire

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by andretmzt » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:06 pm

This game has pretty much taken over my Switch time. In the middle of summer now and loving every minute. It's taking a while to get the money and upgrades going, probably because I don't quite know what I'm doing compared to Harvest Moon. There is still so much to full each day with, be it fishing, talking to all the villagers or just gradually clearing the farm.

HSH28 wrote:No Last Guardian.
No new exclusive PS4 games.
No longer free MP for PS4.

Microsoft win E3.
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by still » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:20 am

Fade wrote:I was thinking of getting this but maybe on PC. What would you guys recommend.

PC or PS4?


Switch ;-)

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by Rex Kramer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Just coming up to the winter festival in Year 1 having picked up my save the other week. I'm pretty certain this is my GOTY, I just absolutely adore it. Whether it's the pacing, the music, the freedom or the atmosphere, it just all comes together for me. It's also the main reason I'm going to pick up a switch and I will have no issue with starting a whole new farm.

Favourite bit so far - Dance of the moonlight jellies. Just utterly entrancing.

Image
Current castaway: Rax can be found here. All the previous contributors can be found here.
Tackling the pile of shame part 2 - http://grview.grcade.co.uk/articles/the-7-commandments-of-tackling-the-pile-of-shame/
User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by still » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:47 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:Just coming up to the winter festival in Year 1 having picked up my save the other week. I'm pretty certain this is my GOTY, I just absolutely adore it. Whether it's the pacing, the music, the freedom or the atmosphere, it just all comes together for me. It's also the main reason I'm going to pick up a switch and I will have no issue with starting a whole new farm.

Favourite bit so far - Dance of the moonlight jellies. Just utterly entrancing.


Yeah, that bit was amazing! I missed it the first year - doh! Just walking around talking to everyone is great - they all have interesting personalities and back stories. Music is pure earworms. It's just so relaxing to play. Stopping playing is nigh on impossible!

User avatar
still
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by still » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:54 am

Moar game coming:-

https://gonintendo.com/stories/295528-e ... multiplaye

Should arrive before the end of the year apparently.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by jawafour » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:34 pm

So... is this pretty good? I've seen plenty of GRcadians playing it on Switch. still, I noticed that you've clocked up 55 hours already :o ... and Grum seems to be getting into it, too!

I enjoy playing Animal Crossing and this appears to have a similar style of gameplay. The only thing putting me off is that - for me - the styling doesn't seem to be quite as attractive. Hmmn...

Image <<< Thanks to Hyperion for my ace Christmas sig :wub: Image > Enter Mastaba
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Help I'm addicted to Stardew Valley!
by Rex Kramer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:50 pm

How much is it on switch?

Image
Current castaway: Rax can be found here. All the previous contributors can be found here.
Tackling the pile of shame part 2 - http://grview.grcade.co.uk/articles/the-7-commandments-of-tackling-the-pile-of-shame/

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 27 guests