God of War - OpenCritic/Metacritic 95 - Best selling PlayStation exclusive record broken in 10 days

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by Samuel_1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Still no dispatch email; damn it Shopto! :(

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by jawafour » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Samuel_1 wrote:Still no dispatch email; damn it Shopto! :(

...it doesn't come out until Friday, dude :lol: . With ShopTo, for "Friday" games, I find that they usually ship on Wednesday and often arrive on Thursday; so you still may receive it early :toot: .

User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by Samuel_1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:46 pm

I know, but was hoping for the best.....

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by KjGarly » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:30 am

Well everything from the Deluxe Edition has downloaded overnight now just to wait for that bleedin timer to go down :x

Image Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by Rex Kramer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 am

My GoW has shipped from Smyths. :D

User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by Floex » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:18 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:My GoW has shipped from Smyths. :D


\o/ It is time.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by Tafdolphin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:My GoW has shipped from Smyths. :D


Ditto!

I mean, I won't get it for another week or two as my folks will have to send it to me but still

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by Samuel_1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:My GoW has shipped from Smyths. :D


Ditto!

I mean, I won't get it for another week or two as my folks will have to send it to me but still

Shopto has dispatched too :D :D :D :D :D

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by jawafour » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Samuel_1 wrote:Shopto has dispatched too :D :D :D :D :D

Believe, Samuel :datass: .

User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by Samuel_1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:14 pm

jawafour wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:Shopto has dispatched too :D :D :D :D :D

Believe, Samuel :datass: .

:wub:

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - Due for release on 20/04 - Rated 95 and 94 on OpenCritic and Metacritic respectively
by Tafdolphin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Even Waypoint had good things to say about this!

(thread)


*falls off chair*


WELL.

Listening to the latest waypoint podcast it will surprise no-one (well, no-one with a passing knowledge) that Austin Walker didn't really like it, almost entirely because of its politics.

Even for someone like myself, with my...passion for issues around games and gender, his analysis was hard to swallow. One issue that was continuously raised was "Sure this game explores Kratos' violent past, but why did Kratos need revisiting at all?" Of course, it's only at the very end that the concept of marketing is briefly raised. Another was the lack of representation for Kratos' dead wife (not a spoiler, obvs). I mean strawberry float, what do they even want here? It's like asking "Why didn't we get more flashback scenes of Joel and his daughter?"

I do love Waypoint but they can definitely go too far.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.
Newsletter!
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - Due for release on 20/04 - Rated 95 and 94 on OpenCritic and Metacritic respectively
by Hime » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:43 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Even Waypoint had good things to say about this!

(thread)


*falls off chair*


WELL.

Listening to the latest waypoint podcast it will surprise no-one (well, no-one with a passing knowledge) that Austin Walker didn't really like it, almost entirely because of its politics.

Even for someone like myself, with my...passion for issues around games and gender, his analysis was hard to swallow. One issue that was continuously raised was "Sure this game explores Kratos' violent past, but why did Kratos need revisiting at all?" Of course, it's only at the very end that the concept of marketing is briefly raised. Another was the lack of representation for Kratos' dead wife (not a spoiler, obvs). I mean strawberry float, what do they even want here? It's like asking "Why didn't we get more flashback scenes of Joel and his daughter?"

I do love Waypoint but they can definitely go too far.

I wondered who would fill the 'king of the edge lords' void left behind by Arthur Gies. I like Waypoint but it's equal parts thought provoking and controversy creating click bait.

*Edit*Still, this is a positive if even they can mostly enjoy this game.

Image
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by Rubix » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Want this but will have to wait a month

Playing: PS4: GT Sport, Bioshock 2 Switch Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Watching: Lost in Space S1, Westworld S2
Reading: TBC
The RPG Thread | Top Gear | Star Wars
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by Venom » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:15 pm

I've received a dispatch email at 23:14. Unless the notification process is a bit slow then I expect this will arrive Friday.

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by NickSCFC » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:49 am

Venom wrote:I've received a dispatch email at 23:14. Unless the notification process is a bit slow then I expect this will arrive Friday.


Who did you order from?

Image Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by Hime » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:52 am

Is there any way you can check that the digital copy has completely downloaded?

Image
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by Godzilla » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:01 am

Go to it on your home screen. Press options. Select the information. It'll say something like 45 gig.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by Godzilla » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:01 am

Patch just downloaded for it today too

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by Venom » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:31 am

NickSCFC wrote:
Venom wrote:I've received a dispatch email at 23:14. Unless the notification process is a bit slow then I expect this will arrive Friday.


Who did you order from?


ShopTo. It was 10 quid cheaper than SimplyGames. Are you getting it?

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: God of War - Out this week! - Rated 95 on OpenCritic and Metacritic
by NickSCFC » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:33 am

Venom wrote:
NickSCFC wrote:
Venom wrote:I've received a dispatch email at 23:14. Unless the notification process is a bit slow then I expect this will arrive Friday.


Who did you order from?


ShopTo. It was 10 quid cheaper than SimplyGames. Are you getting it?


Currently playing Zelda BOTW, I have a £60 CEX voucher for trading in Shenmue 1/2 last weekend, I'll probably use that.

Image Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bertie, Errkal, Finish.Last, Frank, Google [Bot], Mafro, PaperMacheMario, Pedz and 42 guests