Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew)

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostInstagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew)
by Dual » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:59 pm

Image
http://instagr.am/

Instagram is a free photo sharing application that allows users to take a photo, apply a digital filter, then share it on a variety of social networking services including Instagram's own. A distinctive feature confines photos into a square shape, in homage to both the Kodak Instamatic and Polaroid cameras. This contrasts with the 4:3 aspect ratio more typically used by mobile device cameras.


Twitter with photos. Great for pictures of cats, coffee cups and other hipster stuff :3

Accounts can be linked up to your Twitter/Facebook so it's reet easy to get going.

Image

GRCADE INSTAGRAM:

Code: Select all

Dual - @JayTeaWhy
Cuttooth - @quilatoo
Mafro - @mafro
Jigger Jay - @JiggerJay
Knoyleo - @Knoyleo
Harry Bizzle - @habiz



Here's some recommended users to follow:

Cole Rise - @colerise
David Loftus - @davidloftus
Kai W - @thekman
Lauren Randolph - @laurenlemon
Mike Tyson - @mike_tyson
Last edited by Dual on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Dual » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Mafro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:29 pm

:fp:
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Cuttooth
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Cuttooth » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Mafro wrote::fp:

Image
User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Bunni » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Taking pictures of boring things with instagram does not suddenly make them interesting. It just means you downloaded the same app that a million others have to make their boring lives seem interesting. Nor does it make you a professional.

@Mafro and @Knoyleo.

Stop spamming my twitter with boring breakfast pictures. If I wanted to look at bagels in a fuzzy tint I'd wear sunglasses with no prescription.
User avatar
Exxy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Dodems

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Exxy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Bunni wrote:Taking pictures of boring things with instagram does not suddenly make them interesting. It just means you downloaded the same app that a million others have to make their boring lives seem interesting. Nor does it make you a professional.


Cynicism towards people taking photos :fp: No one claims to be a professional/pretending their life is interesting by editing a photo. Instagram's fine, it performs the same role as a Photoshop/Lightroom, adding some nice post-processing effects to an otherwise plain photo.
User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Bunni » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 pm

But the photos still plain and boring right?

Seriously. This stuff only makes it easier for teenage further education students to think they're photographers. And the mates pulling faces as 'models'. :fp:
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Dual » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:03 pm

I don't think anyone takes it as seriously as you're making out Bunni.
User avatar
Exxy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Dodems

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Exxy » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Bunni wrote:Seriously. This stuff only makes it easier for teenage further education students to think they're photographers. And the mates pulling faces as 'models'. :fp:

This attitude annoys me, but whatever. What Dual said.
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Dual » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:26 pm

:lol: :fp:

Did you use any filters on those $$? They look really hi-res for iPhone shots.
User avatar
Cuttooth
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Cuttooth » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Exxy wrote: Instagram's fine, it performs the same role as a Photoshop/Lightroom, adding some nice post-processing effects to an otherwise plain photo.

Eh, it's hardly brilliant from the little play around with it. It's a very limited style of filters, although they are pretty good at making images look nostalgic.

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Mafro » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Image

EDIT: $ilva what are you doing, mate?
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Cuttooth
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Cuttooth » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:38 pm

How do you make a diptych, Dual?
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Dual » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:45 pm

I've got another app (PicFrame) that does it and then I edit again in Instagram. Not sure if it's on android but there's got to be something similar.

Here's some recommended users to follow:

Cole Rise - @colerise
David Loftus - @davidloftus
Kai W - @thekman
Lauren Randolph - @laurenlemon
Mike Tyson - @mike_tyson
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Mafro » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Dual wrote:I've got another app (PicFrame) that does it and then I edit again in Instagram. Not sure if it's on android but there's got to be something similar.

Here's some recommended users to follow:

Cole Rise - @colerise
David Loftus - @davidloftus
Kai W - @thekman
Lauren Randolph - @laurenlemon
Mike Tyson - @mike_tyson

My Instagram username is mafro :)
HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
JiggerJay
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by JiggerJay » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:01 pm

JiggerJay is my Instagram.
Skarjo wrote:You can buy all the fancy houses you want, we still remember you in a bath covered in ketchup for a free copy of CSI.

Image
Instagram Twitter
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Knoyleo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:12 pm

Bunni wrote:@Mafro and @Knoyleo.

Stop spamming my twitter with boring breakfast pictures. If I wanted to look at bagels in a fuzzy tint I'd wear sunglasses with no prescription.

Image


Username is Knoyleo.
User avatar
Harry Bizzle
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Instagram Thread - Mobile Photography iOS + Android (#Ew
by Harry Bizzle » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:19 pm

The reason I like using Instagram is that my phone takes horrific photos that are just awful to look at unless you go all instagram on them.

You can find my hipster rubbish here:

http://web.stagram.com/n/HaBiz/

Image

Image
instagram: @habiz

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, Denster, Photek, Qikz, Snowcannon, wensleydale and 35 guests