jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Qikz » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:30 am

StarCraft Broodwar
World of Warcraft

aaand probably

Red Orchestra 2.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by jawafour » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:34 am

Qikz wrote:StarCraft Broodwar...

I imagine that your StarCraft total would be... *a lot*, Qikz? Dat commentary time :datass: .

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Moggy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:53 am

I dread to think how much time I have put into the Trials series. :dread:

I think my total on the Xbone version of Trials Fusion was about 8 days, but I have been replaying it on PS4 since it was a PS+ game so another few days of my life has been lost to it there. Add in Trials Evolution and Trials HD and I have spent weeks just trying to get a motorbike to the next checkpoint.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Drumstick » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:01 am

PsychicSykes wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Football Manager 2012 - 1,892 hours

Come on you Bulls. :D

Image

:lol: :fp:

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Seven » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:23 am

Honestly some people achieved 70 everything in less time, and I play on few characters... Still got one class left on current main that's not 70 yet!

Shame I'm fed up of it. The content was getting samey in 4.x so I'm taking long break I think, and it's giving me lot of time to play other games

Image
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Wedgie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:26 pm

The Last of Us - I must have replayed this four times (once on the PS3) and I know the game inside Anne outside as I managed to finish it on Survivor difficulty. Grounded mode is next target.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Tafdolphin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:43 pm

Fallout 3: At least 120 hours
The Witcher 3: Probs about the same
Elite Dangerous: 100 hours
BioShock 1: Completed it at least 9 or 10 times, so probably getting close to 80 hours
BoTW: Less than half the way done, 75 hours in
Stardew Valley: 60 hours.

That's a lot of time.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Drumstick » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:45 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:BioShock 1: Completed it at least 9 or 10 times, so probably getting close to 80 hours

WTF, did not expect that. :lol:

You have been doing an immense amount of complaining recently about a game you have completed so many times.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Tafdolphin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:BioShock 1: Completed it at least 9 or 10 times, so probably getting close to 80 hours

WTF, did not expect that. :lol:

You have been doing an immense amount of complaining recently about a game you have completed so many times.


100%! It's in my top 5 favourite games of all time, and I've probably played it once a year since its release but it's not perfect. For me, the potential of the first two thirds makes the latter third all the more disappointing, but it's all relative.

It's still one of the games that codified the way we think of the medium in the present day, it just gooseberry fools its pants towards the end.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Moggy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:52 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:BioShock 1: Completed it at least 9 or 10 times, so probably getting close to 80 hours

WTF, did not expect that. :lol:

You have been doing an immense amount of complaining recently about a game you have completed so many times.


100%! It's in my top 5 favourite games of all time, and I've probably played it once a year since its release but it's not perfect. For me, the potential of the first two thirds makes the latter third all the more disappointing, but it's all relative.

It's still one of the games that codified the way we think of the medium in the present day, it just gooseberry fools its pants towards the end.


At least Bioshock Infinite fixed all of those issues.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Tafdolphin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Moggy wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:BioShock 1: Completed it at least 9 or 10 times, so probably getting close to 80 hours

WTF, did not expect that. :lol:

You have been doing an immense amount of complaining recently about a game you have completed so many times.


100%! It's in my top 5 favourite games of all time, and I've probably played it once a year since its release but it's not perfect. For me, the potential of the first two thirds makes the latter third all the more disappointing, but it's all relative.

It's still one of the games that codified the way we think of the medium in the present day, it just gooseberry fools its pants towards the end.


At least Bioshock Infinite fixed all of those issues.


I liked the bit where it inferred racism was bad.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
SerialCeler
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Booripides
Location: Stuck in the Tron machine

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by SerialCeler » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:49 am

Checked my Pokemon Shuffle time this morning. 733 hours - not bad for a free game! And that’s been racked up by playing around 15-20 minutes a day.

Image

Latest GRecommends:

Nintendo Network ID: SerialCeler (Switch: 5559-9603-3982) | Xbox Live: Serial Celer
User avatar
SMPL
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by SMPL » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:17 pm

Probably an old local multiplayer game like Smash Bros. Melee or one of the Mario Karts. Maybe Fifa as a series? And from current gen it'll be Bloodborne or Witcher 3.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Hime » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:46 pm

I'm probably more in line with Taf in that I've put 40 hours + into a few games but I don't think there is anything that I've put hundreds of hours into, FM or Pro Evo 2 might be the ones though :shifty: .

I'd love to know how much time I put into Pokémon Red. That was definitely my first taste of gaming addition.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Errkal » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:18 pm

Minecraft

User avatar
Dangerblade
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Dangerblade » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:35 pm

DJ Max series, thousands of hours across PSP/PC/PSV/PS4 from 2006 to the present day. 300+ hours on DJMAX Respect in just over a year.

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Cuttooth » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:57 pm

Preezy wrote:Football Manager

I'm sure I've done a list like this before but couldn't find it. But anyway, I've put a lot of time into the series. The below doesn't include the Championship Manager series, which I also poured many weekends into:

FM09 - 1,302 hours
FM11 - 1,023 hours
FM12 - 1,194 hours
FM14 - 1,404 hours
FM17 - 532 hour
FM18 (Switch) - 300 hours and counting

240 days of my life :dread:


Same, just shy of 4,000 hours on Steam with however much on FM06 - 08.

FM10 - 1,354 hours
FM12 - 1,526 hours
FM14 - 122 hours
FM17 - 995 hours

There's an underlying... shame (?) to the amount of time I've spent on a series considering the amount of games I haven't completed or even really played over the years. I think I'm probably done with the series unless there's a major reinvention on SI's part though.

User avatar
Sandy
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Akuma / Akumalovesyou
Location: Surrey, darling

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Sandy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:00 pm

jawafour wrote:
Seven wrote:...Final Fantasy XIV - 4,500 hours off memory. That's on Steam alone, I have played it on PS4 for a year or so too...

:shock: . So... at five years, that makes it roughly 900 hours a year... which is around 17 hours per week. Excluding the PS version which I know you also put a ton of time into! Seven, I now understand how your characters are level 70 in *everything* ;) .


I don't think I even get 17 free hours in a week. Do you never get bored of it?

User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by Seven » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:01 am

Most of it was down to social thing really.

But I've not played since start of last month as social aspect was low, I didn't seem want to put in effort (or not know how to, I guess) so I took break.

That and content has been pretty much samey in Stormblood, Heavenward was when it was really good for me.

Image
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: jawa asks... What videogames have you put most time into?
by dmin » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:19 pm

Street Fighter 2, Super Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Championship Manager, Pro Evolution and Wow, I've put lots and lots of hours into.

Franchise wise; Zelda, Mario, Metroid are well up there.

More recently; Yakuza 0 and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Image

Return to “Games”