KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Ironhide » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:57 pm

I wonder if anyone was offended by this



Those poor hens and unfertilized eggs.
Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Preezy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:58 pm

KK wrote:
Media Week wrote:the depiction of chickens is “offensive and distressing” for vegetarians, vegans and children

Image
Image
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Floex » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:26 pm

Ironhide wrote:I wonder if anyone was offended by this



Those poor hens and unfertilized eggs.


I am actually because a great deal of free range hens is a farce. I get these things happen but hate this blantant false advertising.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror ... 634201.amp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... on-ethical
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Irene Demova

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Dual » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:39 pm

I'm now a vegetarian after watching that video.
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Knoyleo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:50 pm

9 out of ten people go vegetarian after watching this video - you won't believe how it ends!
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Ad7 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:28 pm

Karl wrote:
“offensive and distressing” for vegetarians, vegans and children


:lol:


Amazing :lol:
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Rocsteady » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:39 pm

Knoyleo wrote:
Albear wrote:Not that I find the advert offensive, but surely marketing 101 is that when advertising a meat based food you dont remind everybody that you are eating what was once a live hip-hop listening animal....

Why? I think it's an entirely positive thing that meat products are linked to the animals that they come from. If people are uncomfortable with the idea of the food on their plate having once been a living animal, then they shouldn't be eating meat. To suggest that it's better marketing to avoid associating your food with its living source is to support wilful dishonesty.

You're viewing it from the wrong perspective though, wilful dishonesty can be very useful in marketing.
Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:01 pm

This advert cracked me up the first time I saw it. That chicken has got a real swagger 8-).
Image
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Albear » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:11 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:
Albear wrote:Not that I find the advert offensive, but surely marketing 101 is that when advertising a meat based food you dont remind everybody that you are eating what was once a live hip-hop listening animal....

Why? I think it's an entirely positive thing that meat products are linked to the animals that they come from. If people are uncomfortable with the idea of the food on their plate having once been a living animal, then they shouldn't be eating meat. To suggest that it's better marketing to avoid associating your food with its living source is to support wilful dishonesty.

You're viewing it from the wrong perspective though, wilful dishonesty can be very useful in marketing.



Exactly, thank you.

I'm not saying it's the wrong thing to do. I'm saying as a business I am very surprised KFC signed off on this advert or that the media agency put it forward. The cynic in me thinks it was done on purpose to cause debate\interest.
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Gemini73 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:02 pm

Definitely not "Winner, winner, chicken dinner"

:slol:
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Squinty » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:22 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:This advert cracked me up the first time I saw it. That chicken has got a real swagger 8-).


Yeah, I guess you could say, he will get all the chicks.
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Blue Eyes » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:16 pm

Is that Graphic Content warning a joke or something? That advert has nothing on any MacDonalds advert.
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by IAmTheSaladMan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:57 pm

Hmm, linking hip-hop music with fried chicken... because that's not a stereotype or anything.
Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Denster » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:00 pm

People will find and actively seek offence in almost anything. I find it best to ignore such people or better still completely dismiss any nonsense they come out with.
Love list


Super Dragon 64
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by <]:^D » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:01 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:Hmm, linking hip-hop music with fried chicken... because that's not a stereotype or anything.


you know, hip-hop is so mainstream now i wouldnt immediately believe it was a reinforcement of a stereotype. maybe im being generous though.
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by captain red dog » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:05 pm

It's a bad advert on the grounds that it's a basic rule that you don't really connect the meat to an actual living animal. It's like that Strand Cigarette ad, which portrayed smoking as a pretty miserable lonely experience!

It did make me want some KFC though so I suppose that's kind of a success. :lol:
User avatar
Lucien
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Lucien » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Denster wrote:People will find and actively seek offence in almost anything. I find it best to ignore such people or better still completely dismiss any nonsense they come out with.


The blanket ignoring of criticism is just as bad.

The advert is obviously disgusting, but knuckle draggers will love it so in that sense I suppose it will get more people into KFC.
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Errkal » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:10 pm

How is it obviously disgusting? It is a dancing chicken. strawberry float me get over yourself.
User avatar
Lucien
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Lucien » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:14 pm

Errkal wrote:How is it obviously disgusting? It is a dancing chicken. strawberry float me get over yourself.


It's an (exploited) dancing chicken advertising an establishment that slaughters exploited chickens (in awful conditions). You'd literally have to be either a child or irredeemably dense to find it funny or acceptable.
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: KFC's new offensive, misleading and distressing TV commercial...
by Blue Eyes » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:15 pm

Yeah I don't think it's disgusting, particularly. It's definitely very gooseberry fool, though.

Return to “Stuff”