Re: Killing Floor 2 - Krampus is coming for you.

Anything to do with games at all.

KF dialogue, good or good?

Reminds me of a bunch of Pikeys!
1
5%
I've met smarter donkeys than you lot!
1
5%
Who do you think you are? Bleedin' action man?
4
21%
Cha-ching! Money money money!
10
53%
Christ, I can't move! Get off me, you bloody nonce!
2
11%
Someone hitting the evil monster gym?
0
No votes
.50 cal fun time!
0
No votes
Invisibility? Tricky little gooseberry fool.
1
5%
 
Total votes: 19
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. PC Early Access is here. Volter Manor added.
by Xeno » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:23 pm


Falsey wrote:
Xeno wrote:Chewing takes effort. What he needs is Emma Watson to chew his food then transfer it to him for him to swallow.

I dont know why, but that sounds strawberry floating incredible.

Wuijibobo wrote:You're a funny man Xeno. I like you... That's why I'm going to kill you last.
Direar
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps & Perks.
by Direar » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:19 am

never did get round to buying this, have the players numbers increased or still around 2k??

User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps & Perks.
by Brerlappin » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:44 am

Well the game is still i nearly access, you cant expect a game that shipped with 3 maps and only a handful of perks to maintain its initial player numbers of 20k+
But theres still loads of people playing. Youre never left looking for players, tho ive no idea how many in total are playing it.
The new update is great too. I never played demo in KF1 but in KF2 its so much fun. Especially with Flex turned on, a well placed rocket will have gibs and entrails flying all over the place. The new maps are good too, and the tweaks to the zeds are great. When this finally does leave EA im pretty confident its goign to be the best co-op shooter around, hands down.

User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps & Perks.
by Brerlappin » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:01 pm

This is 33% off and a free weekend this weekend

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps & Perks. 33% off this weekend (£13.32)
by Saint of Killers » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:57 pm

Killing Floor 2 is getting review bombed after developer adds cosmetic microtransactions

Dev saying they're listening to feedback but it's too late to change the update.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps & Perks. 33% off this weekend (£13.32)
by Brerlappin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Its a ridiculous knee-jerk reaction. All these people hear is "Microtransactions" before reaching for the negative review button. They simultaneously forget that KF1 had strawberry floating MOUNTAINS of DLC. KF2 is adding a marketplace where you can sell the items you pick up in game. You actually want to buy a new skin? Sell a bunch of the ones you picked up, and buy a new one. Its cost you nothing. Its all cosmetic items, nothing is changing the gameplay.
But as usual the internet as a whole loves nothing more than blind outrage over nothing. An ongoing revenue stream for Tripwire to afford to keep giving FREE content int he form of maps, modes, weapons and holiday events?? strawberry float THAT MICROTRANSACTIONS IM LITERALLY OUTRAGED THE GAME IS A TROJAN HORSE VIRUS INFECTING ME WITH DLCCCCCC etc etc

User avatar
Trelliz
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps & Perks. 33% off this weekend (£13.32)
by Trelliz » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:18 pm

I think it's the unfortunate timing more than anything; the Payday 2 shitstorm is still blowing and this has been caught up in it.

Tragic Magic wrote:It's so pink when he bangs it on teh floor. Pi mm p boy pink.

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps & Perks. 33% off this weekend (£13.32)
by Xeno » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:18 pm

New update was released.

The brand new Return of the Patriarch Content Pack for KILLING FLOOR 2 includes the following:
New Boss – The Patriarch
2 New Maps – Farmhouse and Black Forest
1 New Perk – Gunslinger
1 New Playable Character - Oisten Jaegerhorn
Zed-conomy and Trading Floor Store
Other New Features including server welcome screen, various bug fixes and improvements, steam mod and map workshop added and much more!



Full list of the update

New Perk:

Gunslinger


New Weapons

Remington Army Model 1858 revolver (single/dual)
M1911 pistol (single/dual)
Desert Eagle (single/dual)
.500 Magnum Zed Collector revolver (single/dual)
Nailbomb Grenade


New Maps

Black Forest
Farmhouse



New Character

Oisten Jaegerhorn - obtained by being part of the KF 2 Steam Community


New Features

New Boss - Patriarch - What have you done to his children?
Full Steam Mod Workshop Support
Upload or subscribe to your favorite mods and maps as a client!
Servers can subscribe to and stay up to date when the maps and mods change!
Clients will automatically download maps directly from Steam workshop for servers that are subscribed to workshop maps
New dual pistol aiming style (centered), toggle by alt fire
Body flashlights
Zed-Conomy and Trading Floor Store
Server Welcome Screen - brand your server with an image, website link, and message of the day


Improvements and Additions
General

Updated controller scheme
Reduced the amount of map collectables needed to unlock achievements
Physics is now more prominent on dead players
When players are killed they take into account the velocity of the attack that killed them. Player ragdolls fly through the air, splat against walls, make crunching sounds when they impact, and leave behind bloodstains.
Added many new achievements
Perk Rank Up Achievement set - 5, 10, 15, 20, 25
Perk Hot Shot Achievement set - Beat each difficulty as a particular perk


Perk Changes and Additions

Berserker
Fortitude skill changed to 75% health increase (previously 100%)
Vampire skill increased by 1 health per kill (now 4 instead of 3)
Smash does 25% extra damage (down from 100%)
Demolitions
Nuke radius reduced
Medic
Armament 25% less effective heal and will heal 1% armor (down from 10% less effective and 2% armor)
Vaccination Now grants 2% armor (down from 4%)
Gunslinger
Lvl 5
Scoot ‘n’ Shoot - Move 50% faster in iron sights with reduced weapon bob
Quick Draw - 50% faster weapon switch, automatic weapon switch if you run out of ammo
Lvl 10
Rack ‘em Up - Consecutive headshots increase damage by 10% up to 70% (missing head shots drops 10%)
Bone Breaker - 20% more damage with gunslinger weapons
Lvl 15
Advanced Techniques - 20% faster reload
Penetration - Increased zed penetration by 1 extra zed
Lvl 20
Center Mass - Chest shots have 30% more stumble power
Leg Shots - SHots to the legs have 30% more knockdown power when zeds are sprinting
Lvl 25
Fanfire - Shoot 3x faster in Zed time
Uber Ammo - Never run out of ammo in Zed time


Zed Changes

Added cinematic camera and new boss intro and victory animations for both bosses.
Hans taunts will now shoot guns in the air with fx and sounds.
Stalker now fades in and out of cloak
Addressed surrounding Hans exploit - when surrounded Hans gas will now do more damage and has some explosive power


Weapon Changes

Players will now default to centered aiming with dual pistols (based on community voting) and can now switch to the offset aiming with the alt fire key (default middle mouse).
Increased ammo pickup amounts on certain weapons (boomstick, flamethrower, microwave gun, RPG-7) to get them more consistent across the board
Zweihander Damage Reduced
Heavy attacked reduced to 195(previously 290)
Standard attack reduced to 85 (previously 90)
Bash damage reduced to 63 (previously 120)


UI/Effects

New audio sliders
Master Volume
SFX Volume
Dialog Volume
New controller options
Aimed sensitivity
Aim Assist lock-on
Aim Assist Rotation
Aim Assist Slowdown
Vibration
New mouse options
Aimed Sensitivity
Mouse Smoothing
New Keyboard options
Last Used Weapon
Trader Menu
Off Perk weapons now show at the bottom of each specific perk list
Added icons to MAG and FILL buttons to better clarify what they do for new players
Improved using the Trader menu with controllers
Bumpers now swap between PERKS, TYPE, FAVORITES, and ALL
Triggers now swap between perk/weapon type subcategory
Pressing left/right on l-stick will swap between the TRADER's inventory and yours, respectively
Improved the overall look and functionality of the main menu
Removed the 3d transform on main menus to make better use of the space
Moved the menu bar to the very top for easier navigation
Added an orange highlight state for better highlighting
Moved the player character to center of screen
Darkened the black background of all UI assets to better stand out
General spacing tweaks to keep all UI assets on a grid
Remade and resized controller icons for better visibility
Supplier-type perk talents (Support: Supplier, Demolitionist: Grenade Supplier) now show an icon over the squadmate who has an active supplier skill available to the player
Changed Download OK button to cancel


Audio

New 9mm sounds
Added Hans Entry and Victory sounds
Modifications to reverb system to increase clarity
Continued improvements to game mix
Added a Voice volume slider
Performance improvements
Improved player impact sounds for better feedback
Added random sound position emitter functionality
Added functionality to attach sounds to particle FX


Map Exploit Fix

Burning Paris catwalk exploit


Editor

Added default material for custom terrain materials


Bug Fixes

Fixed AI not attacking players blocking them from their original target
Fixed AI attack and pathing near corners
Fixed clots clipping into walls when stumbled
Fixed tracers not colliding with walls
Fixed fleshpound sound loop at the point of its death
Fixed player battle chatter echo still being audible with battle chatter set to 0
Fixed several battle chatter lines that were cut short
Fixed weapon recoil being different offline vs online
Fixed perks changing unintentionally due to mouse inputs being registered when menus were closed
Several other minor bug fixes


Known Issue

High Nvidia Flex settings have been disabled. Players running Flex on High will be limited to the Low performance setting to avoid stability issues. We’re currently working with Nvidia to resolve these stability issues so we can re-enable the feature.
Steam Workshop tool updates will be added in the near future.
Achievements for leveling up perks will not immediately unlock for players who already have a perk at level 25.
Players buying multiple dual pistols in a single trader interaction will sometimes not be granted one of their pistols after leaving the trader.
These will be addressed in a patch in the next day or so...


User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps and a return of the Patriarch.
by Brerlappin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:28 pm

strawberry float yesssssss! Trying this out later on for sure

User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps & Perks. 33% off this weekend (£13.32)
by Qikz » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:55 pm

Xeno wrote:New update was released.

The brand new Return of the Patriarch Content Pack for KILLING FLOOR 2 includes the following:
New Boss – The Patriarch
2 New Maps – Farmhouse and Black Forest
1 New Perk – Gunslinger
1 New Playable Character - Oisten Jaegerhorn
Zed-conomy and Trading Floor Store
Other New Features including server welcome screen, various bug fixes and improvements, steam mod and map workshop added and much more!



Full list of the update

New Perk:

Gunslinger


New Weapons

Remington Army Model 1858 revolver (single/dual)
M1911 pistol (single/dual)
Desert Eagle (single/dual)
.500 Magnum Zed Collector revolver (single/dual)
Nailbomb Grenade


New Maps

Black Forest
Farmhouse



New Character

Oisten Jaegerhorn - obtained by being part of the KF 2 Steam Community


New Features

New Boss - Patriarch - What have you done to his children?
Full Steam Mod Workshop Support
Upload or subscribe to your favorite mods and maps as a client!
Servers can subscribe to and stay up to date when the maps and mods change!
Clients will automatically download maps directly from Steam workshop for servers that are subscribed to workshop maps
New dual pistol aiming style (centered), toggle by alt fire
Body flashlights
Zed-Conomy and Trading Floor Store
Server Welcome Screen - brand your server with an image, website link, and message of the day


Improvements and Additions
General

Updated controller scheme
Reduced the amount of map collectables needed to unlock achievements
Physics is now more prominent on dead players
When players are killed they take into account the velocity of the attack that killed them. Player ragdolls fly through the air, splat against walls, make crunching sounds when they impact, and leave behind bloodstains.
Added many new achievements
Perk Rank Up Achievement set - 5, 10, 15, 20, 25
Perk Hot Shot Achievement set - Beat each difficulty as a particular perk


Perk Changes and Additions

Berserker
Fortitude skill changed to 75% health increase (previously 100%)
Vampire skill increased by 1 health per kill (now 4 instead of 3)
Smash does 25% extra damage (down from 100%)
Demolitions
Nuke radius reduced
Medic
Armament 25% less effective heal and will heal 1% armor (down from 10% less effective and 2% armor)
Vaccination Now grants 2% armor (down from 4%)
Gunslinger
Lvl 5
Scoot ‘n’ Shoot - Move 50% faster in iron sights with reduced weapon bob
Quick Draw - 50% faster weapon switch, automatic weapon switch if you run out of ammo
Lvl 10
Rack ‘em Up - Consecutive headshots increase damage by 10% up to 70% (missing head shots drops 10%)
Bone Breaker - 20% more damage with gunslinger weapons
Lvl 15
Advanced Techniques - 20% faster reload
Penetration - Increased zed penetration by 1 extra zed
Lvl 20
Center Mass - Chest shots have 30% more stumble power
Leg Shots - SHots to the legs have 30% more knockdown power when zeds are sprinting
Lvl 25
Fanfire - Shoot 3x faster in Zed time
Uber Ammo - Never run out of ammo in Zed time


Zed Changes

Added cinematic camera and new boss intro and victory animations for both bosses.
Hans taunts will now shoot guns in the air with fx and sounds.
Stalker now fades in and out of cloak
Addressed surrounding Hans exploit - when surrounded Hans gas will now do more damage and has some explosive power


Weapon Changes

Players will now default to centered aiming with dual pistols (based on community voting) and can now switch to the offset aiming with the alt fire key (default middle mouse).
Increased ammo pickup amounts on certain weapons (boomstick, flamethrower, microwave gun, RPG-7) to get them more consistent across the board
Zweihander Damage Reduced
Heavy attacked reduced to 195(previously 290)
Standard attack reduced to 85 (previously 90)
Bash damage reduced to 63 (previously 120)


UI/Effects

New audio sliders
Master Volume
SFX Volume
Dialog Volume
New controller options
Aimed sensitivity
Aim Assist lock-on
Aim Assist Rotation
Aim Assist Slowdown
Vibration
New mouse options
Aimed Sensitivity
Mouse Smoothing
New Keyboard options
Last Used Weapon
Trader Menu
Off Perk weapons now show at the bottom of each specific perk list
Added icons to MAG and FILL buttons to better clarify what they do for new players
Improved using the Trader menu with controllers
Bumpers now swap between PERKS, TYPE, FAVORITES, and ALL
Triggers now swap between perk/weapon type subcategory
Pressing left/right on l-stick will swap between the TRADER's inventory and yours, respectively
Improved the overall look and functionality of the main menu
Removed the 3d transform on main menus to make better use of the space
Moved the menu bar to the very top for easier navigation
Added an orange highlight state for better highlighting
Moved the player character to center of screen
Darkened the black background of all UI assets to better stand out
General spacing tweaks to keep all UI assets on a grid
Remade and resized controller icons for better visibility
Supplier-type perk talents (Support: Supplier, Demolitionist: Grenade Supplier) now show an icon over the squadmate who has an active supplier skill available to the player
Changed Download OK button to cancel


Audio

New 9mm sounds
Added Hans Entry and Victory sounds
Modifications to reverb system to increase clarity
Continued improvements to game mix
Added a Voice volume slider
Performance improvements
Improved player impact sounds for better feedback
Added random sound position emitter functionality
Added functionality to attach sounds to particle FX


Map Exploit Fix

Burning Paris catwalk exploit


Editor

Added default material for custom terrain materials


Bug Fixes

Fixed AI not attacking players blocking them from their original target
Fixed AI attack and pathing near corners
Fixed clots clipping into walls when stumbled
Fixed tracers not colliding with walls
Fixed fleshpound sound loop at the point of its death
Fixed player battle chatter echo still being audible with battle chatter set to 0
Fixed several battle chatter lines that were cut short
Fixed weapon recoil being different offline vs online
Fixed perks changing unintentionally due to mouse inputs being registered when menus were closed
Several other minor bug fixes


Known Issue

High Nvidia Flex settings have been disabled. Players running Flex on High will be limited to the Low performance setting to avoid stability issues. We’re currently working with Nvidia to resolve these stability issues so we can re-enable the feature.
Steam Workshop tool updates will be added in the near future.
Achievements for leveling up perks will not immediately unlock for players who already have a perk at level 25.
Players buying multiple dual pistols in a single trader interaction will sometimes not be granted one of their pistols after leaving the trader.
These will be addressed in a patch in the next day or so...




Awwwwwesome! :D

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
Qazwsxedc
Member
Joined in 2014

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps and a return of the Patriarch.
by Qazwsxedc » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:36 pm

I have an interview with the Director of this game...

http://prankster101.com/articles/interv ... g-floor-2/

Last edited by Qazwsxedc on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps and a return of the Patriarch.
by Xeno » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:13 pm

I'm just hoping that peeps on the PS4 enjoy KF2.

User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps and a return of the Patriarch.
by Brerlappin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:27 pm

If anyone hasn't played it recently, it's the best it's ever been right now. The new SWAT update is fantastic. Player numbers are up, and the reviews on steam are back to positive.

User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps and a return of the Patriarch.
by Samuel_1 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Xeno wrote:I'm just hoping that peeps on the PS4 enjoy KF2.

Is it out?

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps and a return of the Patriarch.
by Mafro » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:36 pm

Keys for the PS4 beta are available from Gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/articles/killin ... 0-6445020/

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Death's Head
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps and a return of the Patriarch.
by Death's Head » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Is this something you can play with randoms (PC)? Did sort of think about it but the graphics look a bit cack and it seems to be multiplayer only.

Yes?
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps and a return of the Patriarch.
by Brerlappin » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:09 pm

Death's Head wrote:Is this something you can play with randoms (PC)? Did sort of think about it but the graphics look a bit cack and it seems to be multiplayer only.


You can play with randoms (ive beaten almost every map on hell on earth difficulty with randoms)
Graphics are nice, great animations, but not gonna blow you away
Its MP only, you can play offline with bots and there is an offline training section, but really its not great.

Its a fantastic game tho. Great gameplay, plenty to unlock, great maps, well recommended.

User avatar
Hulohot
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps and a return of the Patriarch.
by Hulohot » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:45 am

Loving the beta, wish it was longer though.

Original is my favourite shooter of all time and this looks to be shaping up to be even better.

User avatar
Qikz
Member ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps and a return of the Patriarch.
by Qikz » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:02 am

Was playing this the other night.

Firebug is sooooooo much more fun than it was in the original.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Stay Dead...
User avatar
Hulohot
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

PostRe: Killing Floor 2 - PC & PS4. New Maps and a return of the Patriarch.
by Hulohot » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:23 pm

Qikz wrote:Was playing this the other night.

Firebug is sooooooo much more fun than it was in the original.


Firebug was my class of choice in the original and I absolutely loved it, all this time I've been hoping they wouldn't nerf it in 2 and my brief try at it last night proves they haven't :wub:

Level 5 firebug was a tank.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Damian, Errkal, Finish.Last, floydfreak, Gemini73, HSH28, Lagamorph, Pedz, Photek, Red 5 stella, Robbo-92, Saint of Killers, Tafdolphin, Trelliz and 41 guests