Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:40 pm

Moggy wrote:Anybody that suggest Sandy Hook was a hoax is a banana split of the highest order. Evil bastards.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... lying.html


I went out with a girl last year for a few months who was certain Sandy Hook didn't happen. Batshit.

Image Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Knoyleo » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:56 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Moggy wrote:Anybody that suggest Sandy Hook was a hoax is a banana split of the highest order. Evil bastards.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... lying.html


I went out with a girl last year for a few months who was certain Sandy Hook didn't happen. Batshit.

Please tell me you chucked her when you found out.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Moggy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:31 pm

Knoyleo wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Moggy wrote:Anybody that suggest Sandy Hook was a hoax is a banana split of the highest order. Evil bastards.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... lying.html


I went out with a girl last year for a few months who was certain Sandy Hook didn't happen. Batshit.

Please tell me you chucked her when you found out.


Of course he didn’t. He told her that chemtrails are real, vaccines cause autism and Bin Laden was Obama’s dad. Then he spent a night making sweet conspiracy love.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:23 pm

Moggy wrote:
Knoyleo wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Moggy wrote:Anybody that suggest Sandy Hook was a hoax is a banana split of the highest order. Evil bastards.

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... lying.html


I went out with a girl last year for a few months who was certain Sandy Hook didn't happen. Batshit.

Please tell me you chucked her when you found out.


Of course he didn’t. He told her that chemtrails are real, vaccines cause autism and Bin Laden was Obama’s dad. Then he spent a night making sweet conspiracy love.


:lol:

We were already pretty on the rocks by the time that came out. It was for the best.

Image Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Mafro » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:27 pm

:? I really don't understand why some people think stuff like that never happened

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Memento Mori » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:30 pm

Mafro wrote::? I really don't understand why some people think stuff like that never happened

Ignorance, lack of empathy, want to feel superior by knowing a secret.

User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Jam-Master Jay » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:43 pm

It's always a weird feeling when you come across someone who genuinely believes in various conspiracy theories.

I've been hearing from American gun owners about how cheap and easy it is to buy certain gun modifications in many US states. Apparently a bump-stock can turn a semi-automatic rifle into something which spits out rounds at a similar rate to a fully-automatic and it can be yours for as little as $100. It's crazy to think how easily someone could murder so many people.

ImageImage
User avatar
Irene Demova
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Irene Demova » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:00 pm

Mafro wrote::? I really don't understand why some people think stuff like that never happened

The psychology of it is that most of them are pretty powerless and desperate within their own lives, believing in a conspiracy lets you feel like you've got something over on the establishment that is making your life gooseberry fool. There's a great article on it somewhere I'll dig up

User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Memento Mori » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:07 pm

Irene Demova wrote:
Mafro wrote::? I really don't understand why some people think stuff like that never happened

The psychology of it is that most of them are pretty powerless and desperate within their own lives, believing in a conspiracy lets you feel like you've got something over on the establishment that is making your life gooseberry fool. There's a great article on it somewhere I'll dig up

Was it by David Aaronovitch? He wrote a book about conspiracy theories a few years back.

User avatar
Irene Demova
Member
Joined in 2009
AKA: Karl

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Irene Demova » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:13 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
Irene Demova wrote:
Mafro wrote::? I really don't understand why some people think stuff like that never happened

The psychology of it is that most of them are pretty powerless and desperate within their own lives, believing in a conspiracy lets you feel like you've got something over on the establishment that is making your life gooseberry fool. There's a great article on it somewhere I'll dig up

Was it by David Aaronovitch? He wrote a book about conspiracy theories a few years back.

Nah but he's also good for writing about them; I just found it https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/finally-someone-who-thinks-like-me/2016/10/01/c9b6f334-7f68-11e6-9070-5c4905bf40dc_story.html

Sidenote: I somehow read both David and Ben Aaronovitch's writing without twigging that they're related.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: rich_brad29

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Rex Kramer » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:25 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
Irene Demova wrote:
Mafro wrote::? I really don't understand why some people think stuff like that never happened

The psychology of it is that most of them are pretty powerless and desperate within their own lives, believing in a conspiracy lets you feel like you've got something over on the establishment that is making your life gooseberry fool. There's a great article on it somewhere I'll dig up

Was it by David Aaronovitch? He wrote a book about conspiracy theories a few years back.

That's a good book, I'd heartily recommend it. Called Voodoo Histories (or something similar).

Image
Current castaway: Rax can be found here. All the previous contributors can be found here.
Tackling the pile of shame part 2 - http://grview.grcade.co.uk/articles/the-7-commandments-of-tackling-the-pile-of-shame/
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by KK » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:39 pm

To her, the president seemed so far away, so oblivious to the decay she saw around her that when Donald Trump began suggesting that Obama was not American, it made sense. When Trump and others suggested that Obama was Muslim, to Melanie it seemed plausible. And when Obama started talking about, of all things, gay marriage and letting transgender people into bathrooms, it all came together: The president of the United States was a gay Muslim from Kenya working to undermine America.

Hilarious.

Image
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Alvin Flummux » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:29 am

It's the greatest South Park plot never written.

Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Rightey
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Rightey » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:24 am

Something from another forum that describes how these pro gun people think...

The worst mass shooting was "The Wounded Knee Massacre" In which the US government killed 250 to 300 Indians a lot of which were women and children, thus proving that if bureaucrats decide something is worth it, they will do it. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, This reinforces my want and need for the civilian population to have weapons so that we as a nation, can prevent the trampling of the rights we were given at birth, or even the direction we are takeing as a nation. Unfortunately it looks like we don't have just the government to worry about, but also a portion of the civilian populace that want to restrict our rights (any of them) as well as them wanting the country to go in a direction a lot feel it shouldnt.


Basically these shootings are just the price of freedom in their minds, so really until they are killed it doesn't matter how many people get murdered.

I do think the US genuinely has a different attitude towards the law and how acceptable it is to take it into your own hands than most of the world, and I think that mentality combined with the terrible health services probably leads to a lot of these shootings, more so than just lots of guns.

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Hime » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:45 am

Rightey wrote:Something from another forum that describes how these pro gun people think...

The worst mass shooting was "The Wounded Knee Massacre" In which the US government killed 250 to 300 Indians a lot of which were women and children, thus proving that if bureaucrats decide something is worth it, they will do it. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, This reinforces my want and need for the civilian population to have weapons so that we as a nation, can prevent the trampling of the rights we were given at birth, or even the direction we are takeing as a nation. Unfortunately it looks like we don't have just the government to worry about, but also a portion of the civilian populace that want to restrict our rights (any of them) as well as them wanting the country to go in a direction a lot feel it shouldnt.


Basically these shootings are just the price of freedom in their minds, so really until they are killed it doesn't matter how many people get murdered.

I do think the US genuinely has a different attitude towards the law and how acceptable it is to take it into your own hands than most of the world, and I think that mentality combined with the terrible health services probably leads to a lot of these shootings, more so than just lots of guns.

It's the talk of restricting rights and second amendment stuff I find most baffling. Mainly the idea that a set of laws written 200 years ago is still applicable today and are "birth rights". Also, the country doesn't seem too worried about overlooking some of the other amendments when it suits.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Moggy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:09 am

Hime wrote:It's the talk of restricting rights and second amendment stuff I find most baffling. Mainly the idea that a set of laws written 200 years ago is still applicable today and are "birth rights". Also, the country doesn't seem too worried about overlooking some of the other amendments when it suits.


Don't be silly, the founding fathers knew best. That's why they owned other human beings.

User avatar
lex-man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by lex-man » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:13 am

I have a friend who lives in Arizona whose just given up his guns because of this shooting.

User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by captain red dog » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:52 am

Hime wrote:
Rightey wrote:Something from another forum that describes how these pro gun people think...

The worst mass shooting was "The Wounded Knee Massacre" In which the US government killed 250 to 300 Indians a lot of which were women and children, thus proving that if bureaucrats decide something is worth it, they will do it. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, This reinforces my want and need for the civilian population to have weapons so that we as a nation, can prevent the trampling of the rights we were given at birth, or even the direction we are takeing as a nation. Unfortunately it looks like we don't have just the government to worry about, but also a portion of the civilian populace that want to restrict our rights (any of them) as well as them wanting the country to go in a direction a lot feel it shouldnt.


Basically these shootings are just the price of freedom in their minds, so really until they are killed it doesn't matter how many people get murdered.

I do think the US genuinely has a different attitude towards the law and how acceptable it is to take it into your own hands than most of the world, and I think that mentality combined with the terrible health services probably leads to a lot of these shootings, more so than just lots of guns.

It's the talk of restricting rights and second amendment stuff I find most baffling. Mainly the idea that a set of laws written 200 years ago is still applicable today and are "birth rights". Also, the country doesn't seem too worried about overlooking some of the other amendments when it suits.

If they had the birth right to gooseberry fool in the streets I honestly think they would be going about it proudly. It's incredible that the right to own guns is in there but not the right to affordable healthcare. It's such a messed up country and I think the only way for real change is for blue states to secede.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by Alvin Flummux » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:53 am

Apparently, there were concealed carry permit holders at the event, who afterwards reported feeling completely helpless and unable to act, due to a) not knowing where the shooter was, and b) knowing that if they drew their weapons, they'd be shot by the police on the assumption they were the shooter(s). Proof positive that in a massacre, private gun owners are all but useless.

captain red dog wrote:
Hime wrote:
Rightey wrote:Something from another forum that describes how these pro gun people think...

The worst mass shooting was "The Wounded Knee Massacre" In which the US government killed 250 to 300 Indians a lot of which were women and children, thus proving that if bureaucrats decide something is worth it, they will do it. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, This reinforces my want and need for the civilian population to have weapons so that we as a nation, can prevent the trampling of the rights we were given at birth, or even the direction we are takeing as a nation. Unfortunately it looks like we don't have just the government to worry about, but also a portion of the civilian populace that want to restrict our rights (any of them) as well as them wanting the country to go in a direction a lot feel it shouldnt.


Basically these shootings are just the price of freedom in their minds, so really until they are killed it doesn't matter how many people get murdered.

I do think the US genuinely has a different attitude towards the law and how acceptable it is to take it into your own hands than most of the world, and I think that mentality combined with the terrible health services probably leads to a lot of these shootings, more so than just lots of guns.

It's the talk of restricting rights and second amendment stuff I find most baffling. Mainly the idea that a set of laws written 200 years ago is still applicable today and are "birth rights". Also, the country doesn't seem too worried about overlooking some of the other amendments when it suits.

If they had the birth right to gooseberry fool in the streets I honestly think they would be going about it proudly. It's incredible that the right to own guns is in there but not the right to affordable healthcare. It's such a messed up country and I think the only way for real change is for blue states to secede.


Healthcare was affordable in America, right up until the early-mid 20th century. By the time people started to see how expensive it had become, the political influence of the pharmaceutical industry was too vast to overcome. Only when the baby boomers pass on and the US becomes more liberal on average will we see their corrupting influence wane.

Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Las Vegas Shooting. 59 dead. Over 515 Injured.
by more heat than light » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:38 pm

The thing I find most unfathomable about this is that more Americans are against a ban on handguns than for one. And unbelievably, that percentage is going up.

Image

I took that image from this excellent article on US gun culture from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41488081

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Boo!, Denster, Dowbocop, Finish.Last, Glowy69, Hime, more heat than light, Pattybean, Shafto, Snowcannon, the eponymous bollock and 57 guests