Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut

Our best bits.
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Rocsteady » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:52 pm

Brerlappin wrote:Knock Knock :lol:/10

I urge absolutely everyone to watch this movie (its on Netflix). It's strawberry floating incredible. Keanu Reeves acting is dialled up so far that at times i couldn't tell if this was his attempt at a dark comedy or if he was genuinely shooting for that best actor award but landed squarely into the razzies. Keanu isn't phoning this gooseberry fool in, he's coming right to your office door and screaming "IT WAS FREE PIZZA!!! YOU SUCKED MY COCK!!!" (actual dialogue) in your face. But Keanu isn't the only one chewing scenery like an army of termites, literally everyone in this movie graduated from infomercial-tier acting to make this movie. But it's all wrapped around a core of what is genuinely a scary premise. I wont spoil any of it but its all part of my favourite horror trope of "bad things happening to relatively good people for no reason". Like if this movie had been made by competent actors and directors it would probably be a modern horror classic a la It follows, but as it stands its a hilarious, terrifying, incredibly arousing movie everyone needs to see.

Also Ana de Armas is straight strawberry floating fire and gets her tits out

That film's amazing! Went to the cinema to see it and have rewatched it a couple of times with different mates, IT WAS strawberry floating FREE PIZZA! FREE PIZZA!!

Definite highlight of Keanu's acting career. Why the hell he signed up to that I'll never know.

Image
User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Brerlappin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:55 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Brerlappin wrote:Knock Knock :lol:/10

I urge absolutely everyone to watch this movie (its on Netflix). It's strawberry floating incredible. Keanu Reeves acting is dialled up so far that at times i couldn't tell if this was his attempt at a dark comedy or if he was genuinely shooting for that best actor award but landed squarely into the razzies. Keanu isn't phoning this gooseberry fool in, he's coming right to your office door and screaming "IT WAS FREE PIZZA!!! YOU SUCKED MY COCK!!!" (actual dialogue) in your face. But Keanu isn't the only one chewing scenery like an army of termites, literally everyone in this movie graduated from infomercial-tier acting to make this movie. But it's all wrapped around a core of what is genuinely a scary premise. I wont spoil any of it but its all part of my favourite horror trope of "bad things happening to relatively good people for no reason". Like if this movie had been made by competent actors and directors it would probably be a modern horror classic a la It follows, but as it stands its a hilarious, terrifying, incredibly arousing movie everyone needs to see.

Also Ana de Armas is straight strawberry floating fire and gets her tits out

That film's amazing! Went to the cinema to see it and have rewatched it a couple of times with different mates, IT WAS strawberry floating FREE PIZZA! FREE PIZZA!!

Definite highlight of Keanu's acting career. Why the hell he signed up to that I'll never know.


That monologue/rant was amazing, myself and the wife were strawberry floating dying :lol: I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed this colossal shitshow

User avatar
smurphy
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: A Little Cocky Child
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by smurphy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:09 am

Life - 6/10

Mildly enjoyable with a couple of nicely horrifying scenes (Deadpool getting his insides liquefied. :dread:). I can't stand scientific inaccuracy in space films though. Any other genre I can forgive, but not in space. Drifting slowly away from something in orbit does not mean you're lost forever. In a few hours you'll move back to the thing you drifted away from. It's really not hard to check these things. Not as bad as Gravity though, at least this film is half decent aside from the mistakes it made.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Buffalo » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:18 am

+1 for Knock, Knock :lol: An absolute hoot.

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Preezy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:26 am

smurphy wrote:Drifting slowly away from something in orbit does not mean you're lost forever. In a few hours you'll move back to the thing you drifted away from.

Yeah but don't you need a fire extinguisher?

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Moggy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Preezy wrote:
smurphy wrote:Drifting slowly away from something in orbit does not mean you're lost forever. In a few hours you'll move back to the thing you drifted away from.

Yeah but don't you need a fire extinguisher?


That’s office chair science not space science.

In space you just make a small hole in one of the fingers of your space suit and the air will rush out propelling you in any direction you point your finger away from.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Squinty » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Knock Knock.

It was free strawberry floating pizza :lol:

That monologue :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dat Spanish bird though :wub:

User avatar
Slayerx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Slayerx » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:05 pm

I tried to watch Knock Knock and the acting was so rubbish but I'm gonna give it another try :lol:

Any reasons why the son in the film disses his dad as the kids drive off I'm sure I heard him tell Keanue to get a haircut! :slol:

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Squinty » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:53 pm

Slayerx wrote:I tried to watch Knock Knock and the acting was so rubbish but I'm gonna give it another try :lol:

Any reasons why the son in the film disses his dad as the kids drive off I'm sure I heard him tell Keanue to get a haircut! :slol:


That's what made the movie so funny to watch. The acting and dialogue was all over the place.

User avatar
Brerlappin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Brerlappin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:24 pm

Squinty wrote:Knock Knock.

It was free strawberry floating pizza :lol:

That monologue :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dat Spanish bird though :wub:


How that monologue isn't already an internet meme I don't know. It blows "I drink your milkshake" from there will be blood out of the water :lol:

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Rocsteady » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:12 pm

The whole plot was all over the place, IIRC there was about 10 points where Keanu could have escaped or warned other. And two slight girls overpowered various men. And their reasoning for doing all of it to Keanu made no sense.

Image
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by That's not a growth » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:08 pm

Sounds like the sort of thing my mate would genuinely like, he seems to be blind to issues like that. He got us to watch Deja vu last night since he was raving about it. Now there's a film that doesn't make any sense, and I love the idea of time travel movies.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Moggy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:15 pm

Passengers - 7/10

Thought this was alright, it's no classic but was entertaining and Jennifer Lawrence does funny things to my wee willy winky.

It was a bloody abrupt ending though, I guess they didn't want to age up the pretty stars.

Why didn't they use the medical pod in turns? One does a year, the other does a year and they spend a bit of time together in between. Sure they'd be strawberry floating old when they got to the planet, but they might actually have lived to see it.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Squinty » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Brerlappin wrote:
Squinty wrote:Knock Knock.

It was free strawberry floating pizza :lol:

That monologue :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dat Spanish bird though :wub:


How that monologue isn't already an internet meme I don't know. It blows "I drink your milkshake" from there will be blood out of the water :lol:


The bit with the inhaler guy as well had me in stitches as well. And the end of it.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Tomous » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:21 pm

Moggy wrote:Passengers - 7/10

Thought this was alright, it's no classic but was entertaining and Jennifer Lawrence does funny things to my wee willy winky.

It was a bloody abrupt ending though, I guess they didn't want to age up the pretty stars.

Why didn't they use the medical pod in turns? One does a year, the other does a year and they spend a bit of time together in between. Sure they'd be strawberry floating old when they got to the planet, but they might actually have lived to see it.


That film could have been so good with better editing and a braver story, that didn't need to tick the "Hollywood happy ending" box where they fall in love. There's a great YouTube clip somewhere on how it could be re-edited, with a change to the sequencing, to improve the film.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Moggy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Tomous wrote:
Moggy wrote:Passengers - 7/10

Thought this was alright, it's no classic but was entertaining and Jennifer Lawrence does funny things to my wee willy winky.

It was a bloody abrupt ending though, I guess they didn't want to age up the pretty stars.

Why didn't they use the medical pod in turns? One does a year, the other does a year and they spend a bit of time together in between. Sure they'd be strawberry floating old when they got to the planet, but they might actually have lived to see it.


That film could have been so good with better editing and a braver story, that didn't need to tick the "Hollywood happy ending" box where they fall in love. There's a great YouTube clip somewhere on how it could be re-edited, with a change to the sequencing, to improve the film.


Agreed, I was far more interested in the two being alone on a ship for 90 years than I was in explodey fusion bollocks.

Michael Sheen was excellent as well!

User avatar
Ecno
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: There're no Wolves

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Ecno » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Passengers - Had low expectations of this as I'd heard a lot of negative things. But I really enjoyed the premise and the setting even though the execution was a little off. 8/10.

http://www.phantomgoal.com

Football Betting Analysis and other related topics.
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Floex » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:30 am

IT - 8/10

Quality, quality remake. I wouldn't say it was scary as such but Pennywise is cranked right up for the psychological scares, some of the imagery is just :dread: The casting of the kids was bang on, like Stranger Things good (the kid from it helped that). Funny, tender and down right mind bending, if you love 80's cinema go see.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:31 am

Floex wrote:IT - 8/10

Quality, quality remake. I wouldn't say it was scary as such but Pennywise is cranked right up for the psychological scares, some of the imagery is just :dread: The casting of the kids was bang on, like Stranger Things good (the kid from it helped that). Funny, tender and down right mind bending, if you love 80's cinema go see.


I've heard this a lot - absolutely looking forward to this.

Image Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating: The Directors Cut
by Squinty » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:08 am

Who would have thought this would get such positive reviews.


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests