Last film you watched and your rating

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Rex Kramer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:46 pm

Suicide Squad 3/10 - God damn this is a mess of a film. You do get the feeling that there is a half decent film in it somewhere with better editing. At least that's the hope given there are a handful of watchable people in it. Also, a good soundtrack doesn't just consist of your favourite tracks all thrown at it in some kind of random order. It's on Amazon Prime BTW if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Vermilion » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:Suicide Squad 3/10 - God damn this is a mess of a film. You do get the feeling that there is a half decent film in it somewhere with better editing. At least that's the hope given there are a handful of watchable people in it. Also, a good soundtrack doesn't just consist of your favourite tracks all thrown at it in some kind of random order. It's on Amazon Prime BTW if anyone hasn't seen it yet.


Jared Leto is a terrible joker, they should have hired the guy from Gotham.

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Rocsteady » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:22 pm

Oh man, that strawberry floating soundtrack. Never before have I realised to such an extent that a bunch of great songs can make for a bloody awful soundtrack.

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Preezy » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:00 am



Jesus Christ, The Predator sounds god awful.

How strawberry floating hard is it to make a good Predator movie, strawberry floats sake Hollywood is full of strawberry floating idiots :x

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Drumstick » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:12 am

Preezy wrote:strawberry floats sake Hollywood is full of strawberry floating idiots :x

We should drop them all in a meat grinder.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Tafdolphin » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:14 am

Rocsteady wrote:Oh man, that strawberry floating soundtrack. Never before have I realised to such an extent that a bunch of great songs can make for a bloody awful soundtrack.


Yep. There's a licenced song every 3 minutes towards the start and it set the tone for the entire film: a messy, GoTG wannabe with no story, terrible performances and a glut of CGI nonsense. One of the worst films in recent years.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:58 pm

True Romance

What a brilliant film :wub: forgot Tony Soprano was in it :cry:.

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Gemini73 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:28 am

Van Helsing (2004)

Always had a soft spot for this over the top creature feature. Story is a bit limp, but serviceable. The films real strength is the Hammer Horror styled setting and the monsters themselves are excellent. Great effects throughout.

6.5/10

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Gemini73 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:49 am

Vermilion wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:Suicide Squad 3/10 - God damn this is a mess of a film. You do get the feeling that there is a half decent film in it somewhere with better editing. At least that's the hope given there are a handful of watchable people in it. Also, a good soundtrack doesn't just consist of your favourite tracks all thrown at it in some kind of random order. It's on Amazon Prime BTW if anyone hasn't seen it yet.


Jared Leto is a terrible joker, they should have hired the guy from Gotham.



While I enjoyed the film more than Rex obviously did, (he's right that the movie is a tad all over the shop though), I agree that Leto's Joker is terrible and that Cameron Monaghan (Gotham's Jerome/Jeramiah Valeska) would have been a much better choice.

Image
Image

Last edited by Gemini73 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Gemini73 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:52 am

Drumstick wrote:
Preezy wrote:strawberry floats sake Hollywood is full of strawberry floating idiots :x

We should drop them all in a meat grinder.


I got that reference...

“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here".
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Ad7 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:52 am

Star Wars - The Last Jedi

Image / 10

alright, 5/10 worst game ever

This is only the second time I've seen this, the first being at the cinema. I had no expectations apart from TFA and RO being fantastic and Disney could probably do no wrong at this point. I really didn't like it at the time but I had since put that down to disappointment.

Urgh, it's just as bad as I remembered it being (and I went in again hoping to love it now that disappointment had gone). Its just such a strawberry floating mess of a film. It looks stunning in places (especially the throne room and Phasma fights), but it again left me with the feeling that I have no interest in where this story is going. It feels like a damp squib of a trilogy end, not the middle act. The acting was really poor on places and pulled me right out of the moment (particularly Rey just out of nowhere asking Luke a question which sound like Lucas had written the dialogue. "Master Skywalker, I've been sent here to blah blah blah what are midiclorians?).

I'm just really down on it.

Rogue Two pls.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Preezy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:18 am

Sicario: Day of the Roberto Soldado - 8/10

Just as murky and morally dubious as the first film, but fractionally less slick. I love the universe though, and the music and cinematography were great.

Can't wait for part 3.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:26 am

Preezy wrote:Sicario: Day of the Roberto Soldado - 8/10

Just as murky and morally dubious as the first film, but fractionally less slick. I love the universe though, and the music and cinematography were great.

Can't wait for part 3.


Image

Image Image
User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Godzilla » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:38 pm

The Predator - second viewing 3/10

Worse than last time. So sad that one of the greatest monster designs of all time is reduced to a cameo in his own movie. A terrible film.

Mile 22 - 8/10

Excellent little film, great cast with the girl from the walking dead being thee standout. Brilliant acton scenes and a good ending. Nice and brutal too. Love a good 18 rated action film.

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Squinty » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:38 pm

Logan - strawberry floating strawberry float out of 10

I enjoyed it. Patrick Stewart makes everything better. I could not take Steven Merchant seriously though. I think it's that scene in The Office that killed him as an actor for me. I keep thinking of the eye insult Brent does.

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Skarjo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:43 am

Rex Kramer wrote:Suicide Squad 3/10 - God damn this is a mess of a film. You do get the feeling that there is a half decent film in it somewhere with better editing. At least that's the hope given there are a handful of watchable people in it. Also, a good soundtrack doesn't just consist of your favourite tracks all thrown at it in some kind of random order. It's on Amazon Prime BTW if anyone hasn't seen it yet.




Really great video that breaks down just how shoddy the editing is, and is a great look at the general language of cinema. I'm not really one for consciously noticing the more technical side of cinematography, so this is really interesting.

Blue Eyes wrote:No wonder I'm eating my balls instead of sweets.

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Preezy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Not a film, but finally finished the 10-part, 20-hour documentary The Vietnam War by Ken Burns.

10/10

Hard to find the words to describe it, just incredible.

User avatar
SandyCoin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by SandyCoin » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:22 pm

Preezy wrote:Not a film, but finally finished the 10-part, 20-hour documentary The Vietnam War by Ken Burns.

10/10

Hard to find the words to describe it, just incredible.


I finished this yesterday, and would agree with the 10/10.

A war that I didn't really know a lot about, especially from the Vietnamese side of things, so a truly fascinating documentary.

War :roll: :dread:

-----> My Illustration Blog | My Shop <------
User avatar
abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by abcd » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:03 pm

War: Never been so much fun

Image
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last film you watched and your rating
by Curls » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:28 pm

War, War never changes.


Return to “Stuff”