Last TV series you watched and your rating.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
BTB
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ashtead

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by BTB » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:54 am

I'm also currently watching the Vietnam War doc on Netflix. It's great stuff. Went to Hanoi last year and saw some of the places like the 'Hanoi Hilton' where they kept the POW. Would have loved to see Ho Chi Minh as well.

Such a good mix of what the actual battles were like (from both sides), as well as the atmosphere and culture changes in both America and Vietnam.

User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:21 pm

Orange of the new black seasons 6 is out now. Can't wait to start watching this!

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Peter Crisp » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:38 pm

Does anyone know when we can expect The Expanse Series 3 or 12 Monkeys series 4 in the UK?

I really like both shows but both are terribly advertised here.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:43 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:Manhunt: Unabomber. 7/10

Bless Sam Worthington's little socks he does try. It's still a fascination of mine how this guy, Plainy McNoface himself, was the go-to guy for Hollywood a while back.

Heere he's completely outshone by Paul Bettany in what is a generally good show. There's one standout ep, that not so coincidentally does not include Worthington, and the rest is watchable if not extraordinary.

Just finished this myself and I've got to echo Taf's comments, Bettany was brilliant but what the hell were they thinking when they hired Worthington? He's so ridiculously bland, a complete non-entity. It's very good TV but it could have been great with the right casting.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:24 pm

Pedz wrote:I recently watched all of Steven Universe and Adventure (bar the last 4 unaired episodes.) Both great, but I prefer Steven Universe.

Yes, I like cartoons.

My kids have been watching Steven Universe recently so I've absorbed quite a bit of it by osmosis. It's pretty damn good, the song in the final episode of season 1 is brilliant.

Also caught Cupcake and Dino which may have the greatest theme tune of any kids program since Jossy's Giants.

User avatar
Chestnut Snowleaves
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Chestnut Snowleaves » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:41 pm

Manhunt: Unabomber

This was superb. I was familiar with the story, but this was a really excellent dramatisation of the events (plus some admittedly made up stuff). Paul Bettany is absolutely incredible in it, giving empathy to a character who could have been portrayed as one-dimensional. Can't recommend it enough.

9/10.

Anyone seen that OJ Simpson series on Netflix? Hungry for more of the same kind of thing.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Ecno
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: There're no Wolves

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Ecno » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:56 pm

more heat than light wrote:Manhunt: Unabomber

This was superb. I was familiar with the story, but this was a really excellent dramatisation of the events (plus some admittedly made up stuff). Paul Bettany is absolutely incredible in it, giving empathy to a character who could have been portrayed as one-dimensional. Can't recommend it enough.

9/10.

Anyone seen that OJ Simpson series on Netflix? Hungry for more of the same kind of thing.


Is that True Crime Story: OJ Simpson? If so I thought that was really good, and preferred it over Manhunt (though I don't seemed to have liked Man Hunt as much as you)

Final Space 7/10: Fun premise and series, some decent characters, but nothing amazing.

http://www.phantomgoal.com

Football Betting Analysis and other related topics.
User avatar
Chestnut Snowleaves
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Chestnut Snowleaves » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:05 pm

Ecno wrote:Is that True Crime Story: OJ Simpson? If so I thought that was really good, and preferred it over Manhunt (though I don't seemed to have liked Man Hunt as much as you)


I think on Netflix it's down as 'American Crime Story: The People Vs OJ Simpson'. It's the big budget one with Cuba Gooding JR and Ross from Friends. I'll give it a spin.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Ecno
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: There're no Wolves

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Ecno » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:51 am

more heat than light wrote:
Ecno wrote:Is that True Crime Story: OJ Simpson? If so I thought that was really good, and preferred it over Manhunt (though I don't seemed to have liked Man Hunt as much as you)


I think on Netflix it's down as 'American Crime Story: The People Vs OJ Simpson'. It's the big budget one with Cuba Gooding JR and Ross from Friends. I'll give it a spin.


Yeh that's the one. I keep meaning to watch the (completely unrelated) 2nd series which was on iPlayer.

http://www.phantomgoal.com

Football Betting Analysis and other related topics.
Ste
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: ScouseStevmed
Contact:

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Ste » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:33 am

more heat than light wrote:
Ecno wrote:Is that True Crime Story: OJ Simpson? If so I thought that was really good, and preferred it over Manhunt (though I don't seemed to have liked Man Hunt as much as you)


I think on Netflix it's down as 'American Crime Story: The People Vs OJ Simpson'. It's the big budget one with Cuba Gooding JR and Ross from Friends. I'll give it a spin.


I've seen that. Thought it was very good.

User avatar
Ecno
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: There're no Wolves

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Ecno » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:40 am

Orange is the New Black Season 6: 8/10- I think much better than the last season, however this needs to be wrapped up in a season or two for its own good.

http://www.phantomgoal.com

Football Betting Analysis and other related topics.
User avatar
Slayerx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Slayerx » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:06 am

Ozark season 2

A really powerful and dark show, it feels very different to season one but would say it's easily on par 8/10

User avatar
Yulehide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Yulehide » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:54 pm

The 100 - Season 5 - 7/10

Not the best season in terms of pacing but still decent enough to keep watching

The plot has gone a bit Lost esque with constant twists and turns and ridiculous amounts of double crossing going on.

It's also getting quite bleak in places, the show has always had a dark side with characters having to do some fairly bad things to survive but it's getting a bit OTT now with characters like Octavia and Clarke basically murdering people every five minutes despite the fact there's less than 500 human beings left on Earth :fp:

Image
User avatar
I Believe In Stool Bloke
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by I Believe In Stool Bloke » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:37 pm

The Sopranos (season 3)

It's a masterpiece.

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:11 pm

Preacher: Season 3 - 7.5/10

I loved the first season of Preacher but thought the second season had a bit of a lull in the middle. Season 3 was decent throughout, with some great scenes.

User avatar
Chocolate Selection Box
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Chocolate Selection Box » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Sex and the City - Season 3

Carrie Bradshaw is, without doubt, the most unlikable protagonist I have ever come across. I'd say she's the most irritating, neurotic, self-sabotaging sociopath since Ross in Friends, but at least Ross was funny.

Image
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Curls » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:45 pm

Chocolate-Milk wrote:Sex and the City - Season 3

Carrie Bradshaw is, without doubt, the most unlikable protagonist I have ever come across. I'd say she's the most irritating, neurotic, self-sabotaging sociopath since Ross in Friends, but at least Ross was funny.


Why the hell are you watching that tripe?

User avatar
Chocolate Selection Box
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Chocolate Selection Box » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:55 am

Curls wrote:Why the hell are you watching that tripe?

My girlfriend wanted me to watch it with her. To be fair, I'm enjoying it for the most part, it's just her that pisses me off.

Image
User avatar
Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:57 am

Moggy wrote:Preacher: Season 3 - 7.5/10

I loved the first season of Preacher but thought the second season had a bit of a lull in the middle. Season 3 was decent throughout, with some great scenes.


The Hell stuff saved s2 :lol:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last TV series you watched and your rating.
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:00 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
Moggy wrote:Preacher: Season 3 - 7.5/10

I loved the first season of Preacher but thought the second season had a bit of a lull in the middle. Season 3 was decent throughout, with some great scenes.


The Hell stuff saved s2 :lol:


Yeah, who would have thought Hitler would be one of the best characters? ;)


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: As Fat as Santa, Irene Demova, Jam-Master Jay, Peter Crisp, The Cuttcracker Suite and 54 guests