Page 3 of 5

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:50 pm
by Quantum Name
Rudolphin wrote:Wait wait wait... How on Earth did I win most entertaining forumite last year? And how did I not know this? Whoa. Retroactive feels.


Image

No, but really - it is.

2 Dan.s until Christmas! wrote:As well as revealing the winners of each of these categories, I'll also be taking a look back at past winners - and, for the first time ever, I'll be able to confirm the official winners of the 2014 awards! Yes, although very few votes were actually cast in the 2014 process, enough were made for there to be a legitimate outright winner in each category. So expect some surprises!


Congrats, Taf! :toot:

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:57 pm
by Quantum Name
Another prize, you say? Let's do this! Time for the award for...

THREAD OF THE YEAR

Previous winners of this award:

2008 : Poncho for Pics & Gifs
2009 : Unknown* for The Football Thread
2014 : Bear for The Football Thread

*If you can help me find the Football Thread from this year it'd be much appreciated!

And the winner of the 2015 award for Thread of the Year is...


...


...


...


We have a tie!

Our joint winners of this award are...


...


...


...


CAL!

and

SAINT OF KILLERS!

Cal's Thai Adventures won him the prize, while SoK takes the award for being the creator of the infamous Everybody Loves Ariel Winter thread.

Congratulations, gents!

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:11 pm
by Floex
Rudolphin wrote:Wait wait wait... How on Earth did I win most entertaining forumite last year? And how did I not know this? Whoa. Retroactive feels.

Anyway, can't think of anyone more deserving of taking the greasy, greasy crown than Jawa. His PS4 Fallout group alone was worthy of the title.

(Also, this thread is awesome Dan)


C'mon man, \ / is a stone cold classic, nothing was topping that :lol:

Congrats Jawa :wub:

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:13 pm
by Cheeky Devlin
Absolutely chuffed that we won the best event category!

Once again a big thank you to everyone who took part, donated, or just popped into the streams as we went. We couldn't have done it without you guys.

I'd also like to mention Roonmastor who also took part but wasn't listed. (Sorry Dan. I totally forgot to get back to you about that :fp: )

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:20 pm
by degoose
2 Dan.s until Christmas! wrote:Another prize, you say? Let's do this! Time for the award for...

THREAD OF THE YEAR

Previous winners of this award:

2008 : Poncho for Pics & Gifs
2009 : Unknown* for The Football Thread
2014 : Bear for The Football Thread

*If you can help me find the Football Thread from this year it'd be much appreciated!

And the winner of the 2015 award for Thread of the Year is...


...


...


...


We have a tie!

Our joint winners of this award are...


...


...


...


CAL!

and

SAINT OF KILLERS!

Cal's Thai Adventures won him the prize, while SoK takes the award for being the creator of the infamous Everybody Loves Ariel Winter thread.

Congratulations, gents!

I love the last image on the Ariel Winter thread :lol:

Image
This forum cracks me up

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:21 pm
by jawafour
Image

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:22 pm
by Quantum Name
Image
The winners of the Thread of the Year award celebrate. They're all smiles now, but make sure they go steady on that champagne, or there'll be tears before bedtime...

A Lurker's Opinion

repairmanjack wrote:DO YOU NEED REPAIRS? GOOD LOCAL REPAIRS, AT BEST RATES, GET A QUOTE ONLINE TODAY. WE CAN SERVICE AND REPAIR ANY AND ALL DOMESTIC WORKS - PLUMBING PROBLEMS, CARPENTRY CRAZYS, ROOFING RUBBISHNESS, YOU NAME IT, JACK CAN REPAIR IT. NICE ONE SAINTY MATEY, I LIKED YOUR THREAD, SOME TOP TITS, NOT A BIG FAN OF YOUR THREAD CAL BUT IM A MODERN MAN, EACH TO THEIR OWN I SPOSE

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:23 pm
by Ironhide
RogueLeader, that yearly review was brilliant.

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:30 pm
by Quantum Name
Well, we're almost at the end of our ceremony. Which means it must be time for the big one. Ladies and gentlemen, prepare yourselves...

FORUMITE OF THE YEAR

Previous winners of this award:

2008 : chalkitdown
2009 : chalkitdown

and last year's winner - actually, make that co-winners - with a handful of votes apiece...

2014 : Buffalo and Denster (joint)

So, who's our 2015 champion? It was a tight contest...

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:39 pm
by Denster
:oops:

I didnt know i won last year.

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:40 pm
by Quantum Name
Only just announced it, Denster. Congrats! :toot:

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:59 pm
by Quantum Name
2 Dan.s until Christmas! wrote:So, who's our 2015 champion? It was a tight contest...


...actually, no it wasn't. :lol:

Unsurprisingly, the Official 2015 GRcade Forumite of the Year is...


...


...


...


...


...


JAWAFOUR!

Only two people voted for someone other than Jawafour. One of those people was Jawafour.

So I can see no opposition in saying that he's a popular winner, and an all-around fine bloke. Congratulations Jawafour!

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:00 pm
by Albear
Guy's a prick.

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:04 pm
by Cheeky Devlin
Deserving winner!
A shame my blatent attempt to curry favour failed.
Must have been pretty cut and dry for Jawa though.
Next year I guess.

You got many more to go Dan.?
Or was that the last one?
Used to these having loads of categories.

Anyway Best Event won.
Lots of pride in that one.
Looking forward to going for even more next year!

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:05 pm
by Spindash
The New Jawafour was robbed.

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:23 pm
by Quantum Name
Image
jawafour with his three awards. He now stands alone on the all-time awards list, with four.

Well, that's all from me folks!

Those of you that can now claim to be winners - past or present - might notice a little something appear on your profile later tonight. :mrgreen:

Thanks to everyone who voted! A special thanks to Karl, Corazon de Leon, Moggy, jawafour, RogueLeader and rudderless for their contributions. This has been the Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony, I hope you've enjoyed it. Merry Christmas and see you in 2016! :toot:

Image

I don't know about you, but I'm off to the afterparty :datass:

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:23 pm
by Saint of Killers
2 Dan.s until Christmas! wrote:Image
The winners of the Thread of the Year award celebrate. They're all smiles now, but make sure they go steady on that champagne, or there'll be tears before bedtime...

A Lurker's Opinion

repairmanjack wrote:DO YOU NEED REPAIRS? GOOD LOCAL REPAIRS, AT BEST RATES, GET A QUOTE ONLINE TODAY. WE CAN SERVICE AND REPAIR ANY AND ALL DOMESTIC WORKS - PLUMBING PROBLEMS, CARPENTRY CRAZYS, ROOFING RUBBISHNESS, YOU NAME IT, JACK CAN REPAIR IT. NICE ONE SAINTY MATEY, I LIKED YOUR THREAD, SOME TOP TITS, NOT A BIG FAN OF YOUR THREAD CAL BUT IM A MODERN MAN, EACH TO THEIR OWN I SPOSE


:toot:

Poser deserves all recognition (and plaudits for this award) for what that thread became. :lol: And Ariel Winter, too, I guess.

Well done to Cal and all the other winners tonight. :wub:

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:30 pm
by Ironhide
Well done to all the winners.

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:31 pm
by Saint of Killers
And Dan for bringing the awards back! :wub:

Re: [LIVE] Best of GRcade 2015 Awards Ceremony

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:33 pm
by Moggy
Good show Dan and congrats to Jawafour. Bribing people by making sigs obviously worked. ;) :wub: