Living on Mars was a terrible idea now off to Venus.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostLiving on Mars was a terrible idea now off to Venus.
by Peter Crisp » Tue May 16, 2017 10:28 am

As Alien Covenant has proven that anyone can be put in charge of unimaginably expensive space missions I think it's time to sort out what jobs we all want on the first manned mission to Mars.
Personally I don't mind if they make it a one way trip ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_One ) as I'm not exactly going to miss out on much as my pub days are pretty much over anyway and I can just challenge people via VR as everyone will be using that soon :shifty: .
I'd be happy being the support guy for the head of the botany department helping to keep the crew fed and I'd also help to build a pool table as surely that will be priority number one on Mars.

So, what jobs do you all want and no, you can't all be captain as that job goes to whoever we decide is the most likely to cause a massive a needless disaster like running out of cheese which would obviously be the point where we all commit suicide.

Last edited by Peter Crisp on Tue May 16, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Living on Mars.
by Poser » Tue May 16, 2017 10:38 am

My job currently seems to involve pissing about on here, and then bollocking out my work as quickly as possible when a deadline approaches/someone actually asks for it.

Can I do that on Mars, please?

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Living on Mars.
by Lagamorph » Tue May 16, 2017 10:46 am

Peter Crisp wrote:So, what jobs do you all want and no, you can't all be captain as that job goes to whoever we decide is the most likely to cause a massive a needless disaster like running out of cheese which would obviously be the point where we all commit suicide.

Sounds perfect for me, where do I sign up and get my Captain's hat?

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Living on Mars.
by Peter Crisp » Tue May 16, 2017 10:47 am

Poser wrote:My job currently seems to involve pissing about on here, and then bollocking out my work as quickly as possible when a deadline approaches/someone actually asks for it.

Can I do that on Mars, please?


Yeah, sure.
Are you able to spray a machine gun wildly in the general direction of enemies as if so you can also be head of security as well if you like.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Living on Mars.
by Peter Crisp » Tue May 16, 2017 10:51 am

Lagamorph wrote:Sounds perfect for me, where do I sign up and get my Captain's hat?


Ok fair enough you can be captain as that's the sort of decisive action we need for this trip.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Living on Mars.
by Floex » Tue May 16, 2017 11:11 am

Can we just confirm that Peter will not be in charge of any passcodes or security intel when this operation takes place

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Living on Mars.
by Peter Crisp » Tue May 16, 2017 11:13 am

Floex wrote:Can we just confirm that Peter will not be in charge of any passcodes or security intel when this operation takes place


Yep :slol: .
Have no fear of Star Trek related password shenanigans.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Living on Mars.
by Oblomov Boblomov » Tue May 16, 2017 11:13 am

I'll take Executive Director of Compliance.

Oh, I'm also writing the regulatory handbook :nod:.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Living on Mars.
by Moggy » Tue May 16, 2017 11:15 am

I have not seen Alien Covenant so I don't know what job I can do to really strawberry float things up.

I can be the guy that goes exploring in caves and starts opening any jars that I find. If there is anything in the jars then I will make sure that I don't tell anybody and I will bring them back on board our ship/living quarters.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Living on Mars.
by Peter Crisp » Tue May 16, 2017 11:17 am

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I'll take Executive Director of Compliance.

Oh, I'm also writing the regulatory handbook :nod:.


Fine as long as you make it illegal to not enjoy cheese.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Living on Mars.
by Peter Crisp » Tue May 16, 2017 11:18 am

Moggy wrote:I have not seen Alien Covenant so I don't know what job I can do to really strawberry float things up.

I can be the guy that goes exploring in caves and starts opening any jars that I find. If there is anything in the jars then I will make sure that I don't tell anybody and I will bring them back on board our ship/living quarters.


Everyone enjoys random life or death situations so you'll do fine.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Living on Mars.
by Moggy » Tue May 16, 2017 11:20 am

Peter Crisp wrote:
Moggy wrote:I have not seen Alien Covenant so I don't know what job I can do to really strawberry float things up.

I can be the guy that goes exploring in caves and starts opening any jars that I find. If there is anything in the jars then I will make sure that I don't tell anybody and I will bring them back on board our ship/living quarters.


Everyone enjoys random life or death situations so you'll do fine.



YES! I GOT THE JOB!!

I won't let you down Peter, I will be bringing back all sorts of goo that I find in my bed when I wake up in the morning.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Living on Mars.
by Lagamorph » Tue May 16, 2017 11:23 am

As Captain I've decided we're no longer going to Mars as Venus looks way better. I'm basing this off a children's book from the 1970s that I found somewhere.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Living on Mars.
by Peter Crisp » Tue May 16, 2017 11:27 am

Moggy wrote:YES! I GOT THE JOB!!

I won't let you down Peter, I will be bringing back all sorts of goo that I find in my bed when I wake up in the morning.


Sounds exciting :D .

Lagamorph wrote:As Captain I've decided we're no longer going to Mars as Venus looks way better. I'm basing this off a children's book from the 1970s that I found somewhere.


That's the spirit. Venus it is then.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Living on Mars was a terrible idea now off to Venus.
by Poser » Tue May 16, 2017 11:50 am

It literally rains sulphuric acid on Venus, and it kinda rhymes with Penis.


I'm in!

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Living on Mars was a terrible idea now off to Venus.
by Moggy » Tue May 16, 2017 12:23 pm

Poser wrote:It literally rains sulphuric acid on Venus, and it kinda rhymes with Penis.


I'm in!


Sounds nice and warm.

Perfect for my goo.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Living on Mars was a terrible idea now off to Venus.
by Squinty » Tue May 16, 2017 12:32 pm

Fluffer.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Living on Mars was a terrible idea now off to Venus.
by Alvin Flummux » Tue May 16, 2017 12:37 pm

I'll be the guy who gets to drive the cool buggy around. The Fast and the Venusian.

Jupiter is in your sun sign this week, making it pretty crowded in there, what with Jupiter being the largest of the planets and all.
User avatar
Floex
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Living on Mars was a terrible idea now off to Venus.
by Floex » Tue May 16, 2017 12:51 pm

Dammit, I missed out on buggy action.

Ok, I'm looking at some sort of high command pilot position. Getting us around the galaxy, docking down into planets, surveying landscapes, that sort of thing.

No flying after 7:30 though, man needs his downtime.

User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Living on Mars was a terrible idea now off to Venus.
by Dowbocop » Tue May 16, 2017 1:06 pm

I do photos of eyeballs for a living so I can treat the Venusian blind.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Buffalo, Denster, Dowbocop, ignition, Lagamorph, lex-man, PaperMacheMario, Pedz, Preezy, Trelliz and 52 guests