Are You A Lutheran

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Luther: Idris :wub:
by Moggy » Thu May 20, 2010 3:31 pm

That is what will happen to you if you spend your youth doing drugs at raves and delivering parcels by bicycle.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Luther: Idris :wub:
by Corazon de Leon » Thu May 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Just watching the third episode while I'm looking for my DS charger. That Alice woman would get it, but I don't know why. :?

This has been an excellent program so far. Very twisty and intelligent.

Image Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Luther: Idris :wub:
by Captain Kinopio » Thu May 20, 2010 9:30 pm

Another belting episode, this really is so much better than I thought it was going to be.

There's very little on USTV that can top this at the moment.

User avatar
Deluge
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by Deluge » Fri May 21, 2010 9:45 am

Just seen the 3rd episode, and hot damn this show is good. Was nice to see Ivan from Being Human pop up, he's a really good actor.

Also, Alice is hot. I think. I really don't know what it is about her, but she's probably only attractive because she's batshit insane.

I really want to see where her and John are going with this "Friendship".

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by Corazon de Leon » Fri May 21, 2010 10:31 am

Deluge wrote:Just seen the 3rd episode, and hot damn this show is good. Was nice to see Ivan from Being Human pop up, he's a really good actor.

Also, Alice is hot. I think. I really don't know what it is about her, but she's probably only attractive because she's batshit insane.

I really want to see where her and John are going with this "Friendship".


She was watching through the window and looking more than a little cheesed off when Luther was shagging his wife at the end of the last ep. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out!

Image Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by Captain Kinopio » Fri May 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Deadpool wrote:
Deluge wrote:Just seen the 3rd episode, and hot damn this show is good. Was nice to see Ivan from Being Human pop up, he's a really good actor.

Also, Alice is hot. I think. I really don't know what it is about her, but she's probably only attractive because she's batshit insane.

I really want to see where her and John are going with this "Friendship".


She was watching through the window and looking more than a little cheesed off when Luther was shagging his wife at the end of the last ep. Looking forward to seeing how this pans out!


Not how I saw it.

Seemed to me that after Luther told her she didn't understand how relationships worked she went to check the results of her meddling and was pleased that it had the exact results she had set out for.

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by Captain Kinopio » Tue May 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Next episode starts in 20 minutes

EDIT: This episode needs some comic relief it's pretty grim stuff so far :(

Last edited by Captain Kinopio on Tue May 25, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by Captain Kinopio » Tue May 25, 2010 9:42 pm

strawberry floating hell that was dark

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by HSH28 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Really does get better and better.

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by Captain Kinopio » Tue May 25, 2010 10:04 pm

HSH28 wrote:Really does get better and better.


I wouldn't say it was my favourite episode so far because it was just unrelentingly horrible to watch :( Probably the best written and performed though, the killer really was pretty terrifying. Smashing through the door at the end was just :shock:

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by HSH28 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Herbi wrote:
HSH28 wrote:Really does get better and better.


I wouldn't say it was my favourite episode so far because it was just unrelentingly horrible to watch :( Probably the best written and performed though, the killer really was pretty terrifying. Smashing through the door at the end was just :shock:


I wouldn't say it was horrible to watch, obviously dark in places.

Saw the end coming though.

bear
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by bear » Tue May 25, 2010 10:17 pm

Bloody women, first they drive you mental and then they bash your brains in with a claw hammer. :evil:



Show is very good though.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by Saint of Killers » Wed May 26, 2010 9:05 am

I've been catching the late night repeats and yeah, I like 'em.

I wonder though, am I finding Luther's way of speaking (I don't want to say accent) sort of strange because I'm watching when I should be sleeping, or does anyone else find it a bit odd at times?

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Skippy
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by Skippy » Wed May 26, 2010 9:07 am

Watched the first episode last night and I loved it. Gonna crack on with the rest eventually

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by Corazon de Leon » Wed May 26, 2010 2:10 pm

This ep has been unrelentingly brutal so far. Absolutely horrible.

EDIT: And now I'm at the handbag bit, it's absolutely horrendous stuff, but so compelling. :shock:

Image Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by Ironhide » Wed May 26, 2010 2:17 pm

I keep hearing good things about this, and now Lost is finished so I think I'll give it a watch.

Image
User avatar
Vermin
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TimeGhost

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by Vermin » Wed May 26, 2010 2:28 pm

Gave this one more shot after the 1st episode made me slack-jawed with disbelief. Was giggling most of the way through but laughed out loud at the 'Shining' moment near the end. It would be fair enough to have the most hoary old characters within a nonsense half-arsed world - that is so unbelievable as to almost take on aspects of magical realism - IF there was some great acting. That rapist from Hollyoaks gets far too much screen time.

The 'dark' parts are at least demonstrative of a full commitment to a seat-squirming experience, though. Not matter how unintentionally funny.

User avatar
satriales
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by satriales » Wed May 26, 2010 4:16 pm

I just watched the 1st episode on iplayer and thought it was superb. I loved pretty much everything about it and will probably watch the 2nd ep sometime today.

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by Captain Kinopio » Wed May 26, 2010 7:00 pm

Deadpool wrote:This ep has been unrelentingly brutal so far. Absolutely horrible.

EDIT: And now I'm at the handbag bit, it's absolutely horrendous stuff, but so compelling. :shock:


Spot on, I've got to give credit to the killer in this episode because at the end when he was smashing down the door and just going a bit mental, it could have gone so horribly wrong, it could have turned into a shining knock off and just not come off as scary at all. In fact though it was incredibly shocking stuff, some of the most powerful tv I've seen this year.

Glad you like it Satriales, it keeps getting better so you're in for a treat. :mrgreen:

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Luther: WATCH IT
by HSH28 » Wed May 26, 2010 7:26 pm

To be fair it was a blatent rip off of that scene.


Return to “Stuff”