Welcome to MafiaHow to play:
Mafia is a game of the uninformed majority vs the informed minority. Most (see special roles for further details) players will play one of two competing roles a member of the townsfolk (the majority) or a member of the Mafia (the minority), the game is simple, the townsfolk win by wiping out all the Mafia, the Mafia win by levelling the number of players on each side. All members of the Mafia know the names of the other Mafia members, crucially though the townsfolk and other special roles only know their own role and must use their investigative ingenuity to work out the identity of others.
The game is split into two play phases, these are Day and Night. During the Day all players discuss who they think members of the Mafia are and come to a majority decision over which player they want killed, if a majority is reached this player is killed. Players MUST NOT communicate outside of the thread to come to this decision. The Day phase of the game ends at around 8pm every day, if a majority decision has been reached the player who is the target of that decision will be killed, if there is no clear majority there will not be a killing. If all players voice an oppinion a majority decision only requires one swaying vote on either side, however if some players remain quiet or choose not to voice a supportive vote either way, the existence of a majority will be decided by me.
During the Night members of the Mafia cast one vote each in secret, saying who they want killed. The Mafia must vote unanimously for a person to be killed, however this is not as easy as it sounds as they too MUST NOT communicate outside of the game thread, so they must find a way of coming to this unanimous decision in full view of all other players. To be clear, these two phases Day and Night are only ways of providing times for decisions to be made and votes to be cast, speculation, accusation and Mafia chat can continue throughout at any time of the day the players wish. The night phase will end around 11pm, by which time all Mafia and Special Roles must have pm'ed myself. If there is a unanimous Mafia decision a player will be clipped, if not, there will be no hit.
As mentioned the Night time phase is also when special roles must cast their votes there are two such roles;Detective
- A detective has the ability to find out the identity of any player. This is valuable knowledge but as he cannot communicate what he knows in secret, he must use his persuasive power to convince other players of the Mafia's guilt or try to drop subtle hints as to player roles without revealing his own identity. The Detective can pm myself once during each Night phase with the name of a player, I will reply with the role of this player, whether it be Mafia, Villager or...Nurse
- The nurse holds the keys to the secure town hospital and has the ability of protecting one player per night from a Mafia hit, like the detective they pm me the name of the person they want to protect and they will be locked in the hospital protecting them from the Mafia. The Nurse will be able to protect themself but only ONCE.
When kills are made by the townsfolk the identity of the victim will NOT be revealed, this is to create suspense and to stop the game from becoming too easy for the townsfolk. You only win this game if you survive at the end, there is no honour in death, to highlight this, players who die in this game will not be allowed to participate in the next game of Mafia, if there is one.
That is how the game is played. In this game of Mafia there are twelve players, here are how many of each role will exist
Nurse (1)Specific Rules
1) NO PLAYERS ARE ALLOWED TO COMMUNICATE ABOUT THE GAME OUTSIDE OF THE GAME THREAD, IT IS CHEATING, THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE. I CANNOT REGULATE THAT PEOPLE ABIDE BY THIS SO PLEASE FOR THE BENEFIT OF EVERYONE ABIDE BY THIS.
2) The deadline for a majority decision during the day phase is 8pm, if I deem there has been no majority by this time there will be no lynch.
3) Due to people being able to view who is doing what on the forum at any time, EVERY player MUST pm me once a day, the purpose of this is to hide the identities of the special roles. Players only need to pm me once in a day but they need to do this anytime between 12pm and 11pm. 11pm this is the deadline for Mafia votes and Special Roles to use their powers, if they don't pm me by this time they will not be able to kill/detect/protect.
4) There is to be absolutely no print screening of my pms or quoting of their content (they will all be different anyway), doing so will lead to instant dismissal from the game.
5) Once a player is dead they are silenced. I cannot emphasise this enough, I don't want to see a single post in this thread by any player who has been killed, not a dying shout of their role, not a vanquished soliloquy, not even a EURGHRGHRGRH I'm Dead post. Up until the second I post that somebody is dead you can post whatever you like (as long as it doesn't break the rules), once I post you are dead though you MUST stay silent in this thread, please abide by this.[/quote]
00:01 - 20:00 = Players must come to a majority decision of who they want to be killed in the thread, no pm votes are sent to myself, everything is conducted in the thread.
20:00 or there abouts = I announce if a majority decision has been arrived at and if so announce the name of the player killed
12:00 - 23:00 = At any point during these times all members of the Mafia must pm me with who they want killed. At any point between these times the Detective must submit his name to me to find out the identity. At any point between these times the Nurse must pm me the name of the person she wants to protect. Also at any point between these times every townsfolk player must submit a blank (or as blank as it can be) pm to me, this serves to hide pm activity by members of the Mafia and the two special roles.
23:00 or there abouts = I announce whether there has been a Mafia kill
Some time after 11 = The Detective is revealed the identity of his submitted name via pm