Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Launches 29/08/2017
by Super Dragon 64 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:12 pm

Hexx wrote:Anyone having issues using joycons with this?

The 100% hit rate and massive amount of movement makes this surprisingly different to Xcom

I've only just realised Luigis special is a reference to his mariokart meme. Fand made this.

I've been playing with the Joy-Cons without any problems.

Image
Hound
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: London, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Launches 29/08/2017
by Hound » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:15 pm

Super Dragon 64 wrote:
Hexx wrote:Anyone having issues using joycons with this?

The 100% hit rate and massive amount of movement makes this surprisingly different to Xcom

I've only just realised Luigis special is a reference to his mariokart meme. Fand made this.

I've been playing with the Joy-Cons without any problems.


I've noticed my buttons were unresponsive during a boss battle

Image
Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Launches 29/08/2017
by rinks » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:31 pm

Trelliz wrote:
Super Dragon 64 wrote:Every time I wake up my Switch, I'm still surprised that I can resume the game that I was playing at the very point that I stopped playing. The wake up speed is very fast so the whole thing makes gaming much more accessible for today's busy rooftop partygoer :shifty:


Image


Rooftops are SO last year. All the cool kids are playing Switch on the quayside now.

Image

This is the death of intelligence
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Launches 29/08/2017
by KjGarly » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:09 pm

jawafour wrote:
KjGarly wrote:I hope it gets delivered today from Amazon. Despatched yesterday via royal mail with tracking but the tracking hasn't updated at all since it was sent and still down as tomorrow for delivery.

In my experience as a non-Prime customer* of Amazon, they are deliberately slow at dispatching items albeit they do deliver to their predicted arrival date. It probably won't be posted until today and it should arrive tomorrow, Kj.

* Povvo confirmed, etc.


I'll Povvo you Jawa you swine /fistshake

It was waiting for me when I got home 8-) :toot:

Image Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Launches 29/08/2017
by jawafour » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:27 pm

KjGarly wrote:I'll Povvo you Jawa you swine /fistshake

It was waiting for me when I got home 8-) :toot:

Haha, I meant that I was the povvo for not having Prime :lol: .

M+R is a great game... are you gonna give it a go tonight, dude?

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Launches 29/08/2017
by KjGarly » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:12 pm

jawafour wrote:
KjGarly wrote:I'll Povvo you Jawa you swine /fistshake

It was waiting for me when I got home 8-) :toot:

Haha, I meant that I was the povvo for not having Prime :lol: .

M+R is a great game... are you gonna give it a go tonight, dude?


Gave it a wee go and I like what I've played so far. Looks lovely too :wub:

Image Image
User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now
by Yoshimi » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:31 pm

Still waiting on my pre-order from thegamecollection.net. :evil:

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Launches 29/08/2017
by OrangeRakoon » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:18 pm

jawafour wrote:"Title update 1" (version 1.1) has been released and makes the following changes and addtions to the game:
OVERALL
- Overall Game stability, audio, UI, and localization have been improved.

GAMEPLAY
- The Skill Tree reset is now free.
- Tactical Camera is now displaying Deployable Info Card like it does for heroes, enemies, etc.
- The Bosses’ AI has been improved.
- Some collision issues in exploration phase have been fixed.
- Minor gameplay glitches have been fixed.

SYSTEMS
- You can now select supported languages when you launch the game for the first time.
- You can now select the story mode and the supported languages via the Main Menu.
- You can now view the available Additional Contents (AOC) in the Main Menu.
- Russian, Traditional and Simplified Chinese have been added in the supported languages.

GRAPHICS
- 2D weapons icons have been updated to fit with 3D models aspects.
- Level of Details has been improved in exploration phase.
- At the end of the combat, the reward board is now in 3D and feedbacks have been improved.
- Technics preview has been improved during battles.

CINEMATICS
- One scene has been added after completing the main adventure.
- One scene has been added when the player has reached a 100% completion save and returned to Peach Castle.


This was actually the day 1 patch that I got on Saturday when I got the game.

But yes, I beat the final boss and have been working back through the optional challenges. Just got the final world left now, plus the four ultimate challenges in the hub.

Second best game on Switch after BOTW :wub:

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now
by HSH28 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Yoshimi wrote:Still waiting on my pre-order from thegamecollection.net. :evil:


My order from Shopto hasn't arrived either.

Apparently you need to wait 15 working days to report it as missing before they'll do anything about it.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now
by jawafour » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:47 am

HSH28 wrote:
Yoshimi wrote:Still waiting on my pre-order from thegamecollection.net. :evil:


My order from Shopto hasn't arrived either.

Apparently you need to wait 15 working days to report it as missing before they'll do anything about it.

Yeah, I believe that the fifteen-day wait is a Royal Mail thing. ShopTo orders are pretty reliable for prompt delivery but my Wipeout Omega Collection went missing. I ordered a replacement and then the original order also turned up - it had been posted to the wrong flat by the postie. I returned it as ShopTo have always been great with my orders.

User avatar
Yoshimi
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Near Edinburgh

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now
by Yoshimi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:23 am

Finally got my copy this morning. Not only did it arrive days late, they had sent it 'signed for', so I needed to collect it from my local post office this morning.

Game seems awesome so far though! I've not played much X-Come, but I loved Ghost Recon-Shadow Wars, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem etc. So this is right up my alley!

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now
by OrangeRakoon » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:26 am

I think my one complaint is that going back to challenges after finishing the game, most of them are trivialised by having skill tree upgrades/much better weapons. Yet I'd left a lot of them precisely because some of them /require/ skill tree upgrades and better weapons. So it's near impossible to tell when is best to play them for them to be possible-but-challenging.

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now
by KjGarly » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:29 am

Yoshimi wrote:Finally got my copy this morning. Not only did it arrive days late, they had sent it 'signed for', so I needed to collect it from my local post office this morning.

Game seems awesome so far though! I've not played much X-Come, but I loved Ghost Recon-Shadow Wars, Advance Wars, Fire Emblem etc. So this is right up my alley!


Amazon had sent mine via Royal Mail signed for but it didn't need signing for they just scan it before posting as proof.

Beat the W1 mid-boss this morning..while on the shitter (forget rooftop partays :datass: ) love this game, up there with BOTW as one of my favourite games and it's just fuelling my excitement for Mario Odyssey.

Image Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now
by Tomous » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:17 am

OrangeRakoon wrote:I think my one complaint is that going back to challenges after finishing the game, most of them are trivialised by having skill tree upgrades/much better weapons. Yet I'd left a lot of them precisely because some of them /require/ skill tree upgrades and better weapons. So it's near impossible to tell when is best to play them for them to be possible-but-challenging.



Yes, this thought occurred to me. I tried doing the first challenge on the first level and was underpowered so I thought I'll come back later and do it.

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now
by OrangeRakoon » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:21 am

Tomous wrote:Yes, this thought occurred to me. I tried doing the first challenge on the first level and was underpowered so I thought I'll come back later and do it.


I would say like this:

After completing the first world, you should be able to do very easy and easy challenges.
After the second, you should be able to do most medium. Go back and do the ones in world one.
After the third world, do all medium and probably most hard.
After the final world you can then clean up the remaining hards and supa hards.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now
by jawafour » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:47 pm

KjGarly wrote:...Beat the W1 mid-boss this morning..while on the shitter (forget rooftop partays :datass: )...

I wonder if Nintendo will take that angle for the next round of Switch ads?

KjGarly wrote:...love this game, up there with BOTW as one of my favourite games...

Confirmed: Kj is happy to make all of his videogame purchase decisions based upon recommendations by jawa 8-) .

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now
by KjGarly » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:15 pm

:datass:

Image Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now
by Hexx » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:18 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Tomous wrote:Yes, this thought occurred to me. I tried doing the first challenge on the first level and was underpowered so I thought I'll come back later and do it.


I would say like this:

After completing the first world, you should be able to do very easy and easy challenges.
After the second, you should be able to do most medium. Go back and do the ones in world one.
After the third world, do all medium and probably most hard.
After the final world you can then clean up the remaining hards and supa hards.


It does depends on if you've spent money on weapons and upgrades though.

If you did terrible and got less end of level rewards you might need to push more.

Done a second run through World and got lost chsllemges and secret area. My team (Mario, R-Peach and Luigi deal some serious damage)

The world 2 mid boss folded in 3 rounds!

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now
by OrangeRakoon » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:07 pm

Hexx wrote:My team (Mario, R-Peach and Luigi deal some serious damage)


I did the entire game with this team, bar trying out each new character after getting Luigi for one battle each. It's easily the best combination with the double sentries, healing, and two characters with multiple reaction shots (Luigi gets three!). I also think it's much more versatile and useful to not have characters who can easily accidentally do damage to teammates - specifically the shotgun weapons and Yoshi's team jump/ground pound.

I have almost finished the game completely now. I've got one chest to go back and find in world 1, 1 challenge left to complete in world 4 (it's a reach the areas 1 turn puzzle that I can't work out), and the four ultimate challenges. I have just been attempting the first. It's ridiculous and I don't know how I'm going to do it. I also need to go back and get a perfect rating in the handful of battles I didn't first time - but I'm worried that's going to be a grind of replaying whole chapters. I need to try it out and see!

The final optional challenge is world 4 is quite a test too, looking forward to other people reaching it!

User avatar
Lazy Fair
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle | Nintendo Switch | Out Now
by Lazy Fair » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:14 am

So this is good then? Might pick it up later today. Also hoping destiny will be in stock in my local indie.

3DS code - 2707 1618 5652
Let me know if you add me!

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HSH28, Jordan UK, Pattybean, Peter Crisp and 53 guests