[MCU Thread] Avengers trailer p241

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Preezy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:50 pm

The copy I watched over the last 2 evenings was superb. Film was pretty good too.

User avatar
Rik_
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Rik_ » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:42 pm

Hexx wrote:Infinity War about :shifty:



:toot: :toot: :toot:

By far the best scene in any MCU film so far, struggled to stop myself shouting "strawberry float YEAH" when I first saw it in the cinema. Bruce's line is absolutely perfect too :lol:

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Mafro » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Why is the US getting the blu-ray weeks earlier than us? :x

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Hime » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:35 pm

Riksilver wrote:
Hexx wrote:Infinity War about :shifty:



:toot: :toot: :toot:

By far the best scene in any MCU film so far, struggled to stop myself shouting "strawberry float YEAH" when I first saw it in the cinema. Bruce's line is absolutely perfect too :lol:

Topped by Cap's intro for me. I'd already seen it when I went with my girlfriend, she doesn't like it when good guys get killed in films and I heard her mutter "there's no point, he's gone" under her breath when Vision looked like he was about to cop it and obviously I new what was coming :D

Image
User avatar
Hans Bubby
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Hans Bubby » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:03 pm

Mafro wrote:Why is the US getting the blu-ray weeks earlier than us? :x


They're not, it's the digital copy that's out early. Watched a 1080p copy twice now as well as seeing it in the cinema and I'll give it another bash in 4k/HDR. I want the UHD Blu Ray but strawberry float right off with the £25+ price. I'll likely pirate a 4k/HDR copy and watch it through an external drive connected to my TV.

Oh and the digital extras are also out there that feature a few extended scenes.

Image Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Return_of_the_STAR » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:31 pm

KjGarly wrote:
Mafro wrote:Why is the US getting the blu-ray weeks earlier than us? :x


They're not, it's the digital copy that's out early. Watched a 1080p copy twice now as well as seeing it in the cinema and I'll give it another bash in 4k/HDR. I want the UHD Blu Ray but strawberry float right off with the £25+ price. I'll likely pirate a 4k/HDR copy and watch it through an external drive connected to my TV.

Oh and the digital extras are also out there that feature a few extended scenes.


I believe the US release date for blu ray is 14th August. The UK date is 3rd September. I can only assume it's delayed in the UK to allow Ant Man no distractions at the box office. In reality it would make no difference but that's often how they think.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Mafro » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:57 pm

KjGarly wrote:
Mafro wrote:Why is the US getting the blu-ray weeks earlier than us? :x


They're not, it's the digital copy that's out early. Watched a 1080p copy twice now as well as seeing it in the cinema and I'll give it another bash in 4k/HDR. I want the UHD Blu Ray but strawberry float right off with the £25+ price. I'll likely pirate a 4k/HDR copy and watch it through an external drive connected to my TV.

Oh and the digital extras are also out there that feature a few extended scenes.

Both the streaming and Blu-ray releases are three weeks after the US.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:51 pm

Mafro wrote:Why is the US getting the blu-ray weeks earlier than us? :x


Women’s hockey World Cup.

User avatar
TV Dinner
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by TV Dinner » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Ant-Man 2- 6/10

It was fine but comfortably one of the worst MCU films ever made.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Mafro » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:31 pm

I think the two Ant-Man films are the only two MCU films I've not been arsed about seeing at all since the Incredible Hulk.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
TV Dinner
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by TV Dinner » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:33 pm

You aren't missing much. The first post-credit scene of Ant-Man 2 were the best two minutes of the entire film.

User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:35 pm

Hmmm im seeing ant man 2 tomorrow so I can't comment but the first film is one of my favourites. Excellent film.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Mafro » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Memento Mori wrote:You aren't missing much. The first post-credit scene of Ant-Man 2 were the best two minutes of the entire film.

They should've just binned the first film off completely when it was clear Edgar Wright wasn't in any rush to make it despite literally having about ten years.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Saigon Slick » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:04 pm

Nah, it's a solid, fun movie. Not on the level of Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2 or Thor: The Dark World by any manner or means.

Image Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:04 pm

Mafro wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:You aren't missing much. The first post-credit scene of Ant-Man 2 were the best two minutes of the entire film.

They should've just binned the first film off completely when it was clear Edgar Wright wasn't in any rush to make it despite literally having about ten years.


I thought you said that you hadn't seen it? its a good film.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Mafro » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:07 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:You aren't missing much. The first post-credit scene of Ant-Man 2 were the best two minutes of the entire film.

They should've just binned the first film off completely when it was clear Edgar Wright wasn't in any rush to make it despite literally having about ten years.


I thought you said that you hadn't seen it? its a good film.

Should've mentioned I meant seen at the cinema.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:16 pm

Mafro wrote:
Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:You aren't missing much. The first post-credit scene of Ant-Man 2 were the best two minutes of the entire film.

They should've just binned the first film off completely when it was clear Edgar Wright wasn't in any rush to make it despite literally having about ten years.


I thought you said that you hadn't seen it? its a good film.

Should've mentioned I meant seen at the cinema.


Ah right so you've seen it since and didn't like it. That's fine, each to their own. I enjoyed it as I liked the humour and found the smaller scale of the film refreshing.

I haven't seen Dr Strange. That's the only MCU I haven't checked out. Not sure why but it's never drawn me in. I've seen every other MCU film and the cinema with the exception of Hulk. I intend to watch Dr Strange as I enjoyed his parts in Infinity War though.

Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:16 pm

Get to the chopper!

Last edited by Return_of_the_STAR on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:16 pm

I see dead people.

Last edited by Return_of_the_STAR on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

GRAPL Heavyweight Champion 2010, Runner Up 2017, tag team Champion 2011, 2015, Wrestlemania PPV Winner 2012 and your current all time highest GRAPL points scorer.
Fixture feeling champion 2013.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy!
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: [MCU Thread] Ant-Man and the Wasp trailer p223
by Preezy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:18 pm

Ah right so you've seen it since and didn't like it. That's fine, each to their own. I enjoyed it as I liked the humour and found the smaller scale of the film refreshing.

I haven't seen Dr Strange. That's the only MCU I haven't checked out. Not sure why but it's never drawn me in. I've seen every other MCU film and the cinema with the exception of Hulk. I intend to watch Dr Strange as I enjoyed his parts in Infinity War though.


Return to “Stuff”